Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

For all SOW players

3 posters

Go down

For all SOW players Empty For all SOW players

Post  PraetoriaXXI Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi All!
I'm Praetoria, player of "Dogsofwar" group, we are around 15-20 players. We play SOW both Waterloo than Gettysburg.
I'm here because want to invite you to in this new fb group: "Sourge of war" Waterloo & Gettysburg (i'm not allowed still to paste url)
The goal of this group is to reunite the SOW's players of both (Getty and Waterloo) upload scenarios, organizing mp or multyplayer interactive campaign, post after action reports, discuss mods and tactics, find new players and more.
For example we're organizing 2 interactive campaings with carryover scenarios.
If someone want to join, he's welcome!
We'll be great to share games and join each other battles!

PraetoriaXXI

Back to top Go down

For all SOW players Empty Re: For all SOW players

Post  Miko77 Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Hi Pretoria - I played a while with both Dogs of War and KS... it's possible if you've got infinite amount of time Smile. I remember you're very nice bunch of people.. however KS and lightly modded vanilla game play totally different... over time KS mod evolved and improved so much though, that now I couldn't go back to vanilla game... I think anyone jumping from KS to Dogs of War group is unlikely, unless we're talking about new players that had tried KS and didn't like it. We had a few during the pandemic... so definitely I'd encourage them to try Dogs of War group.. maybe it's more their cup of tea. But again, they may not read the forum anymore. Say hi to Biondo and Mitra from me, if they still play SoW.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  PraetoriaXXI Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Hey Miko! Sure i remember you! Hope everything is fine
Surely we have two different ways to play, our mod is a bit different, but we have a common passion: SOW
Maybe i wasnt explain rightly, that isnt an attempt to recruit, but to create a net trought the fb page, where share experience about SOW even if a bit different. Studying tactics, aar etc.
That page should be beyond our two groups and reunite the SOW players, because that game has so much potential.
Then i think that the main differences between our groups is about Waterloo, about Getty we are used to play with NGCM mods.
Surely i will greet them!

PraetoriaXXI

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:10 pm

I think the KS group might be misunderstood. We are a part of the Kreigsspiel Society and kreigsspiel games by their very definition are played with maximum fog of war. Usually a KS game (our group plays face to face games using all formats; model troops, traditional blocks and counters on maps) uses an umpire or an umpire team and two or more teams of players all playing double blind. Face to face kreigsspiels of the traditional kind are our bread and butter and the SoW:KS Mod group is just a subset of the whole.

In that context SoW:GB and SoW:WL were (and remain) the only computer strategic games that supply the required level of fog of war. For us this means disabling the radar, disabling the ability to turn trees off, always using couriers for all comms and never speaking in a game unless its a gameplay technical issue (or a joke!), always playing from the saddle, always with a bare map and with scenarios designed to make the player team work very hard.

As a group we don't play any other way and I understand that while a good few of us play other types of wargame as well, both miniatures and computer, we don't play SoW:WL any other way and certainly none of us would go back to playing the vanilla game, or probably any other mod.

We get a steady flow of new players join us for games but I think very few really enjoy the saddle view and extreme fog of war that we do so many leave after a few games. We don't mind this - its always nice when a newcomer arrives even if they only play once or twice but by the very definition of what a kreigsspiel is, we don't wish to play any other way.

I think the KS Mod for SoW:WL has mostly run its course now. There are still lots of things the software cannot deliver and we are hitting hard barriers. Kevin, our chief guru, is working on a new game entirely that should, in time, allow us to move on from SoW to an even more immersive Napoleonic strategic wargame.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  PraetoriaXXI Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:13 am

Hi Mr Digby, thanks for reply.
I think there's a misunderstanding, i dont want to take someone away from ks or some kind of recruitment, even if we play bare map and hits, with no communication except if we are in close space. So for these elements there's no difference.
However my goal is to create a fb page where help new players, discuss mods, share tactics and more. No kind of recruitment or  trying "change mod".
Then personally i think SOW is becoming an old game but still with a lot of potential, because we're all still here playing it.
So hoping that the goal of the page is more "clear", if you want to visit it join, you're welcome!

The name of the fb page: "Sourge of war" Waterloo & Gettysburg

PraetoriaXXI

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:32 am

I found it but it's hard to find... maybe because these quotation marks in group's title?... I guess no harm having presence on Facebook... but if it was easier to find for some Napoleonic enthusiasts could have more potential to it. I'd suggest you give the links to Dogs of War and KS forums there, so maybe we attract some new players this way. Anyway, good luck with it.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  PraetoriaXXI Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Yep, we remove the quotes, saddly i can't paste links in this forum until 7 days from registration.
Feel free to post on page every kind of historical info, tactics or scenarios.
I'll post on dogs soon too

PraetoriaXXI

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down