Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th

+2
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Empty 2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:28 pm

This 3 hr battle will take place on one of the random maps so no Gburg expansion packs are needed.  The usual 3 KS mods are required, including the newest version of the KS Napoleon Mod, version 1.15.

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Initia10

As the Allies push forward, the outnumbered French have had to slowly give ground.  Feldmarschall Schwarzenberg has found that by constantly maneuvering around the flanks of his enemy, he can force them to retreat while avoiding a direct fight with Napoleon.

Here in the region of Friedland, one such fight along the flanks will likely take place.  Opposing light cavalry traveling along the Leunenburg Strasse met in a short, sharp skirmish, NE of the village of Assamen.  Few casualties resulted and both forces pulled back quickly.

Both cavalry commanders reported the incident to their respective corps commander and are awaiting the arrival of the infantry.

We will need a minimum number of 6 players for this battle.  More would be better.  Specific information will be given to the respective CinCs, (hurry and volunteer as these coveted slots go quickly).

A doodle sign-up for Sunday is here: Doodle Sign-Up
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Empty Re: 2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Are these the 1807 armies or the 1812 ones?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Empty Re: 2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:08 pm

It's the 1812 OOB. The Russians aren't pushovers.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:18 pm

No objectives? Will the winner be decided on points?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:58 am

The winner will be decided by which side achieves its objective. Those are known only to each side. If neither side achieves its objective then both sides lose. It's a cruel world out there. affraid
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:51 pm

I will take the French CinC on sunday.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Well done, Pepe. The French briefing is on the way.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:14 pm

I signed up. The caveat is it is like a 75 percent chance. This weekend is definitely a negotiation situation with my lovely spouse. But I remain confident of victory.

I will take whatever position assigned to me. Pepe, of late you and I have been on opposite sides of the cannon muzzle so it would be fine to take a French command slot as your subordinate. But I do love everyone equally. The steadiness if Martin. The strong hammer of Kevin. That bat-s**t wildness of Mark. Ron's innate operational grasp.

And to that I add my own complete randomness of capability and execution combined with a sometimes acute lack of directional sense

What a Face

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 pm

In the game last Sunday I had changed the dll file per Kevin. Should I just go ahead an install the new mod? Or is that mod he same thing as what we did for last Sunday's game?
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:59 pm

Kevin has a new .dll for us today. If it works I presume we'll be using it Sunday. v1.15 of the mod is still the current version that works with Patch v1.0043, the AI .dll just needs to be replaced.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Four of us played without any problem today, so we'll use the new dll in this game. I'll put the link up in T/S tomorrow.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:07 am

I'll command the Russians, Kevin.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Well done. The briefing is on the way.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:34 pm

I am gathering my staff

See link

http://mashable.com/2014/10/27/napoleonic-wars-veterans/#oxWW3QJ0kkqo
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:17 pm

Great photos. The French will be hard to beat today.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:09 pm

I've seen those pictures before. The men's faces are wonderful. So many stories behind those eyes.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:11 pm

It looks like the game will be at 20:00GMT, 15:00EST.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 am

All I did of any value was to sit on my horse in the middle of a battalion square and stare down two Russian squadrons .... The fact that we were literally on the southern map edge completely surrounded with nothing left of the rest of my division at that point is something I will conveniently ignore.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:55 pm

The fact that we were literally on the southern map edge completely surrounded with nothing left of the rest of my division at that point is something I will conveniently ignore.
You should have done the honorable thing and jumped.  My hussar commander reported after the battle that he did call out and offer you a quick chop to the neck.

Pepe, Jeff and I had the best cavalry battle I've ever been part of.  7,300 cavalrymen participated.  Quite by accident, the cavalry of both armies segregated themselves on the north end of the battlefield away from the lower classes, (i.e. infantry).  The battle started out with just a few squadrons becoming involved, but as time went on, more and more were fed in.  Numerous charges and counter charges swept back and forth across the field.  By some miracle, Pepe and I managed not to get killed.  At the end, there were far fewer men on mounts with the ground covered in dead horses and men.  It was glorious.

Farther to the south, I think the infantry fought too.

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Charge10

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Aftert10
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Taff1943 Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:23 pm

The only downside was the lag I suffered I'm sure that was the reason I shuffled off this mortal coil

Taff1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:25 pm

It was a magnificent battle. The Russians were unstoppable - though I don't know why as my artillery was useless. I was very worried as we advanced over the river and up that steep hill, expecting any second to be vaporised by canister but we got to the level ground on the top of the valley slope at which point the French would not stand against our bayonets.

Tom did a fantastic job as Batmetyev (?sp) on my right, trouncing SJ's Italians out of the woods in fine style.

2nd Battle of Friedland, KS Napoleon Battle Sunday, Nov. 29th Aftert10

Doesn't look like the good burghers of Friedland will be going hungry any time soon.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  skelos Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:15 pm

When I started to emerge from the woods to my north of where the main infantry was fighting I saw this mass of dead cavalry, I mean dead bodies ALL over the place. It was very impressive to say the least, but I was a bit worried because I was hoping that they were more French than Russians!
skelos
skelos

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:49 pm

I was shocked at the mess Kevin, Pepe and Jeff had made as well. I made my usual panoramic montage of it. Those fond of horses should not click on the link.

http://www.atomic-album.com/showPic.php/22426/TheEndAtFriedland.jpg
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Sagas of this battle will be written. Women will swoon when hearing them.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm

IN BIVOUAC NEAR FRIEDLAND

Dearest Mother

I am sure by now you will have heard about our tragic battle, and no doubt were swooning when told of it. I am okay, which is to say I am not dead. I know you keep saying that because I am not in the cavalry, that I do not fight on horseback, that I am somehow less-than-important. And, yes, older brother Jacques is in the cavalry and I know his uniform is most awesome. But there are actually more of us than horsemen, mother. Our uniforms are pretty cool. And we have real guns and everything. Sometimes we get to shoot them.

Our battle plan yesterday was simple. "March forward, shoot, run for our lives, repeat." Sometimes we mixed up the order or skipped or added steps. Like early in the battle is was mostly "march forward, repeat." Towards the end it was "run for our lives, stop for breath, shoot, run for our lives, run for our lives, repeat." We are incredibly adaptable in execution of our plans.

At the very end we added a new tactic called "jump off end of the earth and cower behind a tree." We think we will use this tactic in our next battle because we found that the Russians could not shoot us very well in that cowering position. My tree in particular was solid and big. I was safe. It just would have been better if the rest of the brigade wasn't trying to use the same tree. I found it first.

General Le Charmead led us from the front the entire way. Which is to say he was in the rear leading us in our run for our lives. It was quite inspiring. As soon as we caught up to him he would lead us to the rear again. Such persistence!

I would have sent pictures to you -- I know you have seen the cavalry pictures and dead horses -- but I was too busy running. but if I could have taken the picture it would have looked exactly like the ones you have been seeing except there would be no horses and most of the bodies would be French.

Your dearest and most humble son.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next