Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Yesterday at 4:26 am

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30496 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 7 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:16 pm

Thanks for your profound answer. I'd also like to know what I can do about allied divisions not moving at all to the objective resulting into me fighting enemy corps on my own.
I'm not aware of what OOB that was concerning the Russian army, I've tried two Russian scenarios and didn't pay much attention.
I'd like to try multiplayer, though I'm an unexperienced player, especially when it comes to commanding divisions, and may let other players down by failing.
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 7 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:41 pm

You should join us, we use Team Speak 3 to communicate with, we set up the game and then use the courier system to communicate with for orders.  Games are posted on the forum under impromptu games and usually start at 20:00 BST or 3pm EST.

We were all new at one time and you can take a small brigade to start with and when you are ready move to something bigger.

Hope to see you soon.

If you need information about Team Speak let me know and I can direct you to the download and the information for the KS server.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:23 pm

I'd also like to know what I can do about allied divisions not moving at all to the objective resulting into me fighting enemy corps on my own.
Which sandbox type did you select? The game's sandbox logic is not very advanced and odd things can happen. It depends if you were using 'attack', 'defend', or 'hunt them down', or also how many objectives there were. Sadly in sandbox the AI will ignore every objective except one and focus only on that.

Try using a single objective and set the mode to attack, then play a division in the attacking side. Or set it to defend and take a division of the defending side. I find that these two play options give the better games.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:09 pm

I haven't tried sandbox yet. I have encountered this problem in user scenarios.
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur

Back to top Go down

Post  roy64 Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Hello Mr Digby,
              I just tried the v122 version & it is defently an approvement however I still struggle with the transparency of the toolbar. So would it be possible to reinstate the solid background like the grog toolbar as a separate version. I know you said it might be possible as long as the functioning interface wasn't changed but I was wondering if there was any chance one of your great modders could include a version with the OOB navigation arrow buttons included as I don't use a keyboard.

roy64

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi Roy, good to see you.

We could probably reintroduce a solid background version but I don't think we will include the navigation buttons since every other player uses a keyboard and its so much faster to use that. The background is a fairly easy task, the extra buttons is a lot more work and we'd only be doing it for one person.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  roy64 Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Thank you that would help me a lot. I understand about the navigation buttons, I'll just have to go out & buy another wireless keyboard as the onscreen keyboard is doing my head in pale . Thanks again for your help.

roy64

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:24 pm

If you want the wooden background for the toolbar, open the toolbar.layout file in a text editor. Change the 4th line from <Property key="Alpha" value="0"/> to <Property key="Alpha" value="1"/> Save it and the transparency is gone. The file is located in the KS Napoleon Mod II 1.22\Layout folder.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  roy64 Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Thank you that did the trick. cheers

roy64

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 7 Empty KS MOD DON'T RUN

Post  HUSSARD BLANC Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:36 am

Hi,
I play SOWWL 1.01 latest version, I've install SOWQB ( quatre bras) with serial ok.
Looking on norbsoftdev forum i've heard about KS it looks great.
I've download the KS 3 mods for the latest version.
I've new screen, all maps and new scenario but each time i try to play sand box or user' s scenario the game stop charge at the Graphics and windows tell me tha there is an error
EVerything is ok if I uncheked mods and play stock version .
Really want to try KS
Help Please
And sorry for my english...

HUSSARD BLANC
HUSSARD BLANC

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:30 pm

Can you post your SowWL.log file here? It can be found in My Documents/SowWL/
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  HUSSARD BLANC Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:30 am

Thank for your answer but i've succeed in playing KS simply ( problem with 7 zip resolved )
The game run perfectly. I've tried SP sand box Austria 1806 for 4-5 hours in order to get familiar with the mod. Playng as Division General HITS, what i've seen for the moment is the most perfect Napoleonian Wargame i've ever played. ( My first board game in the 80's was " Napoléon à Austerlitz ".......). Need time again and trying to play MP .
Thank you hundred times.
HUSSARD BLANC
HUSSARD BLANC

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:23 am

Pleased to hear you got it working. You're welcome to join us for an MP game as well. We are also running a campaign at the moment.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 7 Empty OOB KS 2 questions

Post  HUSSARD BLANC Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello everybody,

1st question:What is the difference between OOB KS and OOB KS- SQN ????

2nd question: on poland 1807 OOB's and Austria OOB's 1806 playing French, I've notice that the commander of the cavalry brigade appears two time for example you've got Antoine LASALLE as Brigade commander and another Antoine LASALLE as regiment commander ( the same person two time on the map surbodonner of hymself ). Is it normal ????

Hope you understand my bad english ....

Thank for answering .

Good week !!!
HUSSARD BLANC
HUSSARD BLANC

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Welcome to the forum.

OOB_KS_SQN_ have the cavalry in squadrons. The other OOBs have the cavalry arranged in regiments. We have found that by having the cavalry in regiments, the cavalry is used in a more historic way. The KS group uses this for all corps sized battles. The squadron OOBs are there in case the player wants to create smaller scenarios where it is important to have the cavalry broken into smaller units.

Historically, there are several instances where a division commander was also the commander of a brigade. You'll find this in many of the OOBs. In those cases, the name will appear twice or the brigade may be commanded by the division commander's ADC.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

I hadn't realised that was the case with dual named commanders. If a brigade commander was promoted to command the division the senior regiment officer would then command the brigade. This happened a great deal in the British army in the Peninsular and you frequently find brigades commanded by colonels or lieutenant-colonels.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  HUSSARD BLANC Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you for the answers.

Will try to make a commander of division and brigade ( Lasalle for example...) being killed to see who will take is place. A single or two different commander ....

Sorry for my questions if they look silly.

PS: Artillery is really powerfull if well positionned and protected............
HUSSARD BLANC
HUSSARD BLANC

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Just the commander is killed and replaced. His doppelganger stays on the field.

Yes, artillery has been modded to be historically accurate. In the stock game, there was no reason to even have it on the field. It was useless.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 7 Empty KS mod crash

Post  wokajimbo Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:46 am

Greetings. I've followed the instructions in this thread to the letter, but I'm finding the game will crash just after loading in Sandbox mode. I am using XP. Could that be the issue?

Example last few lines from log file:

08:00:00 Planting Shrubbery . . . A Lot of Shrubbery
08:00:00 Total Collision Objs:117
08:00:00 Drafting Chain of Command
08:00:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander Général de Division Andoche Junot
08:00:00 Chain of Command: Top Commander General-Poruchik Nikolay Rayevsky
08:00:00 Loading Battle Events
08:00:00 SowWL Level Loaded...
08:00:00 02:19:54

Any help much appreciated.

wokajimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:10 am

What map were you using? Be sure to use only maps that have a country name in them.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 7 Empty KS mod crash

Post  wokajimbo Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:16 am

That was on one of the Austria maps. This is happening on all the country name maps I try so far.

wokajimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Make sure you do not have the KS mod folders inside another KS mod folder. This is a common problem. Open one of the mod folders, for example, KS Napoleon II 122. If you see another folder with the same name inside the first, that's the problem. Just pull the inner one, (it has the needed files, out of the outer one and delete the outer one.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  wokajimbo Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Thanks for your help. I checked the file structure (which was correct), then I took a closer look at my log files and noticed it said I was running version 1.0005. Auto-update obviously hadn't worked properly, so I tried installing 1.01 again and now I'm up and running! Entirely my fault. Really fantastic work. Can't wait to explore this mod further. The only error I'm getting now is that sometimes sprites partially submerge into the ground until I move the camera.

wokajimbo

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAndrew Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:47 pm

This will happen at times if you are playing on the maps used in the Vanilla game. Good thing that the mod has many other maps that don't have this issue.
CaptainAndrew
CaptainAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Viking42 Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Hello,

on the steam version of Scourge of War Waterloo
I made some tests with and without the mod files
and it seems that with the mod files, when i select a unit and go on the "column" button, there is an error message "Scourge of War Waterloo stopped to work" and back to windows

I tried with and withtou the "toolbar expanded-grog"

I did follow the first page install indications,

any idea what happened?

Thanks!

Viking42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next