Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Napoleonic HITS Game Feb 14-15

+2
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
6 posters

Go down

Napoleonic HITS Game Feb 14-15 Empty Napoleonic HITS Game Feb 14-15

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Napoleonic HITS Game Feb 14-15 Situat14

With the Allied conclave at the bucolic town of Emmerhagen postponed due to the nearness of French forces, the Russian 1st Western Army has withdrawn to the east.

Grand Duke Constantin's 5th korpus has been deployed as the rear guard.  He has fallen back over the ridge separating Azambuja from Santerem in order to more closely guard the army's line of communication along the Caminho Castel Branco.

The Emperor Napoleon, satisfied with the results of the battle around Emmerhagen has ordered the pursuit of the Russian forces.  Since his stepson Eugene's corps has been severely mauled in the recent battle, Maréchal Ney and his III corps have been tasked with following the enemy east and bring him to heel.

Tsar Alexander has become increasingly impatient with Feldmarschal Schwarzenberg's lackluster maneuvering of the Allied forces.  Russians do not retreat.  He has therefore just issued orders to his brother to stop, turn around and bloody the French nose.

This 3 hour battle will be fought on one of the Antietam maps, (Crampton Gap), so everyone will need that expansion pack.  The map has been modified to remove much of the forests and remove the speed and fatigue penalties due to the many wooden fences.  Their defensive bonus has also been eliminated.  The usual 3 mods, Road to Wagram, KS SOW Supplemental Maps and KS Napoleon mods will be needed.

The standing rule that no player can scout more than 200-250 yd. in front of their troops will be in effect.

In addition, crossing the central ridge can only be done via the roads.  There are 2 on the map, circled in red.  Note that the road from Golega to the top of the ridge does not continue down the other side, so it may not be used to cross the ridge.  Since the corps are fairly small, this rule is to prevent each army from finding some undefended place and making a dash across the ridge.

We will need a minimum of 10 players, (12 would be better).  Of course more players can be accomodated with brigade commands.  We also need two volunteers for CinC.  The CinCs will likely be busy, so it may be a good idea if they do not burden themselves with troops to command.

A doodle sign-up for the game can be found here: Doodle Sign-Up

As usual, we will need two CinCs, although I believe Matt has already volunteered for one of the slots. These are hot tickets, so don't delay.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Napoleonic HITS Game Feb 14-15 Empty Re: Napoleonic HITS Game Feb 14-15

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 pm

Is there a clear defender/attacker set of roles here, or can the Russians defend by attacking? I'm trying to get my head around the scenario a bit.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Martin wrote:can the Russians defend by attacking?
Yes, of course. More specific information will be available to the CinCs.

On the topic of CinCs, we will once again need nominations from the floor. For this battle, CinCs may choose one player to fight on their side and help develop the battle plan.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:32 pm

I'll take Russian C-in-C then and will welcome Pepe of Villaflor into the glorious Russian army!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:50 pm

Excellent choices all around. The Russian briefing is going out.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Martin wrote:Pepe of Villaflor into the glorious Russian army!

For me it will be a pleasure. bom bom
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  MJP Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi, Kevin,

Go ahead and send me a briefing so i can properly plan out the destruction of the Russian army.

I will hold off on choosing a player until i see what our mission is...........................................different folks good for different things and all!

Matt
MJP
MJP

http://www.firstlegionltd.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:09 pm

Bad sport! You need to choose your player first! Where are your balls man? Razz
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  MJP Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:20 pm

Says the Russian commander who chose the recently invincible Pepe of Villaflor, Duc d'Alagon, First of his Name, King of the Andals and the First Men! Very Happy

MJP
MJP

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:44 pm

I chose sides and a player as our most eminent scenario-designer instructed, without recourse to ifs, buts, whats or howsaboutits.. You, on the other hand... Cool
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  MJP Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Here let me help you finish.....

You, on the other hand...
are far more savvy than I.   "

Would the real Napoleon care a fig if his opponents thought he honorable?  I think not! Very Happy   When we win the battle we will write the history and all records of this exchange shall forever pass from memory.....
MJP
MJP

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Excellent. The battle begins already. French briefing on the way.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Since we have only 5 people that can definitely play today and 8 tomorrow, I suggest we try to play the scenario Sunday at 19:30GMT.

I'll put together a smaller scenario, (6 players), for use today. Let's start the game at 20:00GMT. It will be on one of the Pipe Creek maps.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:50 pm

I can join that game I have the PC exp pack

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:54 pm

Kevin, could we play today on the Manassas map? I've been doing some SP games on it recently and I am growing to like it very much.

I also sent you an e-mail asking questions about the scenario - did you get it?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:23 pm

No I didn't get any emails from you. I've already put a smaller scenario together for the PCL1 map, so Manassas will have to wait. I have an idea for another scenario that might fit that map.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:53 pm

I sent my email again. If you don't get it we can discuss in TS before todays game.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:03 pm

No email. We have had this problem before.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kizig Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi,

Can I just show up as a new player for today's game? Hopefully get a little out of the way brigade where I can't cause too much disruption my first time out?

I have Pipe Creek, Teamspeak and I believe the required Napoleon KS set up.

Kizig

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 pm

By all means join us. You'll be given a brigade to command. Come on to Teamspeak around 30 minutes early and we can make sure you've got everything set up correctly.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:42 pm

I will be able to play today too. Any command is fine.
Cu
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Let's see if we can run the scheduled scenario today at 19:30GMT. We will need a minimum of 10 players which would mean the CinCs will have to command troops.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:05 pm

It'll be good if we can get 12 players so the C-in-Cs don't have to.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Dear mother and Father my King,

Yesterday my corps was engaged in a fierce battle against French forces, Bonaparte’s troops attacked us from the four cardinal points, led by the finest body of commanders that Europe has known since the Roman Empire.

We had a fine position on high ground behind the Rio Arlazon, and the cannonade had started from both sides.

A French agent, disguised as one of our couriers, delivered orders to Maj. Gen. Detmer to take his brigade north to support Colonel von Arentschild’s Hussars and Dragoons which were holding a brigade of the Imperial Guard in squares.
It happened to be a trap for our infantry, as soon as they were fighting the French Guard, other troops in support crossed the Arlazon to attack Gen. Detmer’s men from the flank. This witty, if treacherous and dishonourable, action from the French was close to cost us the day.

I don’t want to annoy you with boring details about the job of an Army Corps commander, basically, I was there to tell people what is the best course of action for them where in great danger and explain them why it is that way. Orders were sent every minute to advance, pull back, deploy, form a defensive line, redeploy, outflank, watch the flank, support, fire, fire at will, outflank, attack, counterattack and charge!

In spite of my youth, I felt very often like a father looking after his sons in a constant endeavor searching the best for them and the whole family.

HRH Prince Frederick of Brunswick. Beloved by his men and feared by his enemies. It was our first combat side by side, this fine officer complained rightly that his division was holding a very long front. He displayed discipline and initiative handling his troops with great skill, facing all the attacks from east and south. He is the older brother every men would love and the older son every mother would be proud of.

Lt. General Earl of Uxbridge. This veteran and outspoken warhorse has a strong liking for “get things done my way”. Precise handling of his units, good decision making and a splendid tactical nose are his best qualities. He is that rebel and maverick second child that can be found in every family. He sat on his charger on top of a hill deployed his Carabiniers and reported, “in order to defeat the French cavalry I need my full division”, and he knew them too well. He got back his light brigade and did what he meant.

Colonel von Arentschild. He is such an officer and a men, everyone would love to get drunk with him, to have him on your side in the greatest peril and to get his boys to support your unit in battle. Not for the relaxed way he handles his men when not in contact with the enemy and the countless skirts affairs he has been involved, he would have been a general long ago. He would be the favorite son in every household. I am told he led the wild and definitive charge that expelled French cavalry from the field of battle.

Maj. Gen. Detmer. His first time in battle, he got the best of his brigade. He fought superior forces supported by artillery beyond the river, buying the rest of the Corps time to get concentrated for a successful last stand. After a setback, he rallied his men and came to the crossroads by the name of Quatre Bras to help his brothers in arms to turn the French tide. The youngest son, happiness of the family.

We are moving towards Brussels so I will see you soon.

Your loving son.

HRH William Prince of Orange.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down