Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War

3 posters

Go down

Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War Empty Google Groups for discusssionorganizationplanning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War

Post  mitra Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:53 pm

I think this is the best mode for be always update in realtime.

Join the group at this address: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/scourge-of-war-multiplayer-hits (you need to have a google account, the same you use for gmail, blogger or others).

For post message or reply you can do it from the web or writing to email scourge-of-war-multiplayer-hits(at)googlegroups.com.

Every post will reach via email all the member of group

mitra

Back to top Go down

Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War Empty Hmmmmm

Post  WSH Baylor Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Hmmm....good idea except wrong host. I do not use G-Mail so guess I will be left out of this discussion group. I am not a fan of Google because of many of their lack-of-privacy policies.

J
WSH Baylor
WSH Baylor

Back to top Go down

Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War Empty Re: Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War

Post  mitra Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:07 pm

WSH Baylor wrote:Hmmm....good idea except wrong host.  I do not use G-Mail so guess I will be left out of this discussion group.  I am not a fan of Google because of many of their lack-of-privacy policies.

J

It doesn't important use gmail, you can create a google account with whatever mailbox you have (mine is not gmail). The account gives you the possibility to use the services but it doesn't automatically activate them

mitra

Back to top Go down

Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War Empty Re: Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:27 am

Why don't we just use the forum here? Or am I missing something? Martin went to all the work of setting up 2 fixed nights and times per week when everyone knows a game will be on... what more do we need?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 am

Digby, the forum works well, but for scheduling and communication services is easy not see posts or see them with delay; Martin already has to maintain a mailing list, simply this will be a mailing list easier to manage, of necessary communications or rapid questions asking, like what mods for the match of friday, the doodle links, etc. The hoping is to attract in the orbit also people which don't follow regularly kriegspiel forum but want eventually partecipate to a HITS match for the week-end.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:54 pm

This morning I was a little in hurry, but I didn't want have given the impression the groups was planned like a substitute of forum; forums (or fora for the latinists) is done for a different type of communication that mailing list (the groups in this case has been set as mailing list), and you can also send invitation to join the groups. You can read a mailing list from a mobile but is not so easy read a forum, so for short messages you want to be read immediatly is better this form of communication; I evaluated also steam, xfire, etc groups but they useful only if all the people are only at the same moment. Forum remains the best for true discussion like AAR, technical descriptions, but if we wants more people on the forum before, we need to reach them using the game matches. The plan is to give to all the forum people the admin access for permit them to send invitations to people which express interest to the HITS matches

mitra

Back to top Go down

Google Groups for discusssion\organization\planning of multiplayer HITS matchs with Scourge of War Empty NOT

Post  WSH Baylor Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 pm

I just received an invitation to join the Googles group currently being formed by member(s) of this K/S forum. I have most stridently refused the offer!

As I previously noted, I will not join Google because of their privacy rules and requirement for personal information that is not relevant to their needs.  I regret that the founder(s) of this new group find it necessary to "jump ship" from the currently available forum.  With the current forum and T/S, I can not see a need for another and believe the result will only be a diluting of information and member contact.

Further, why was this proposal not discussed in an open forum before it was created by the founder(s)?   Strikes me that the "tail is wagging the dog!"

I would urge the founder(s) to reconsider their efforts to move to Google and apply their efforts instead to the improvement and continuation of the current forum.  It has prove adequate and readily usable without requiring the users to provide the personal information "needed" by Google.

J
WSH Baylor
WSH Baylor

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 pm

WSH Baylor wrote:I just received an invitation to join the Googles group currently being formed by member(s) of this K/S forum.  I have most stridently refused the offer!

As I previously noted, I will not join Google because of their privacy rules and requirement for personal information that is not relevant to their needs.  I regret that the founder(s) of this new group find it necessary to "jump ship" from the currently available forum.  With the current forum and T/S, I can not see a need for another and believe the result will only be a diluting of information and member contact.

Further, why was this proposal not discussed in an open forum before it was created by the founder(s)?   Strikes me that the "tail is wagging the dog!"

I would urge the founder(s) to reconsider their efforts to move to Google and apply their efforts instead to the improvement and continuation of the current forum.  It has prove adequate and readily usable without requiring the users to provide the personal information "needed" by Google.

J

Jack the first proposal of a early watch system has been done here and I agree with Stefan: https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1003-fast-announcements-of-ad-hoc-games .

I have not interested to maintain some sort of shadow forum like you seem to see in my action, my interest is to have a system of rapid information distribution for tell to people that on the Kriegs we are organizing something which requires a prompt attention,, KS people will have administrator permissions for invite and add users interested to HITS matches but not inscribed to the forum. I planned to pass the property of group to Martin when he'll learn to use the tool.

I have not discussed it (or better I have discussed in Stefan post, but no people replied) because is easier test the things and see if they work, that discuss on something people never tried before. Invitation is free, if you don't want you can reject it, what is the problem?

And no, I discovered you don't require a google account for simply receive\reply the mailing list information, is sufficient give a valid email address.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down