Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Special Waterloo HITS Event: Sat. April 13

+4
Mr. Digby
FlashmanKBE
Uncle Billy
WJPalmer
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Special Waterloo HITS Event: Sat. April 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Special Waterloo HITS Event: Sat. April 13

Post  WJPalmer Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:48 am

We'll certainly plan to do more. Next weekend I'll likely be unavailable with guests visiting from across the pond. After that though, we'll crank some up.

This seems made to order for input from the community with ideas for possible Napoleonic scenarios. Given the creativity of this group, I suspect that won't be a problem.
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Special Waterloo HITS Event: Sat. April 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Special Waterloo HITS Event: Sat. April 13

Post  Leffe7 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 am

A very nice battle indeed. Many thanks to Palmer for hosting it.
I commanded the 3rd French Division with 2 brigades of good quality and a third attached brigade commanded by Wheaters.
"The enemy will have to attack us. They can approach from the south, west or southwest." told us Mitra in his pre-battle briefing (The attack came from the north Wink ). I covered the south but it looked very peaceful there. After some time lots of British flags were seen in the north. So I deployed from the objective to the east, while Palmers 2nd Division was moving to my right flank in the woods.
"The enemy will have more numbers, while we have better quality" explained Palmer before the game. So Mitra ordered me to attack the enemy lines before me who seemed equal in numbers. But in the chaos that followed, the enemy infantry charged with all vigor and to my surprise our veteran troops routed very quickly. At least Palmer and Chernov were making some progress on the far right, dragging more enemy troops there.
"Our centre is collapsing. My division is gone down to one regiment" I had to inform Mitra. And that one left regiment was commanded by Wheaters Surprised
But the enemy was not unstoppable. Constant charging and taking artillery fire seemed to take its toll finally. The enemy lines collapsed as well and Palmer was moving forces to secure the centre again.
A memorable line after the fight also came from MTG (Iron Duke) "You could have used a few more guns on that hill". Viel Feind, viel Ehr! it seems Very Happy
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:
Mitra - great video but could I ask you in future to turn your game sound up? Watching it in complete silence is a bit strange!

Hi Digby

The problem is that if I activate the sound recorder with ZD Soft, you have the sound return in TS also.

ciao
Davide

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Yes initially on the hill there was only 1 brigade of Leffe, but the other brigades are all around ready to move in every direction, the frontal lines you saw are only 1 brigade for division; it is the good of have the internal lines. Suchet saw the enemy NW soon, and started to switch slowly the reserve to north, but still I was not really sure about where is the main force, I feared most the possibility of another direction attack. People have the natural tendency to run to first and nearest enemy, remaining engaged and vulnerable to other direction attacks: have space between the units permitted us to send Palmer, to NE to Leffe help, at place of NW where initially the enemy appeared, and move Suchet to center-left side.

Stefan, I failed to communicate (translate) well my intention about your attack, sorry: my intention was that you gave orders to Palmer for coordinate the assault against the same enemy you attacked, my intention was that two divisions attacked the central brigade in the meantime the other enemy moved in the woods to the south, so to break the enemy line and force them back or be broken in two. When i saw you attack alone and Palmer move to the woods for surround, I saw my communication error but it was already too late. Luckily Palmer attack attract more and more enemy troops to south, from the center and artillery gave his best, but in general my opinion is that surrounding movements are good if you have time and numbers on your side, if you have numbers only in a particular point only for a limited time you must use them in direct mode in brutal frontal assaults, like you did but unluckily with half of force I thought when I gave you the order. Personally I dislike also make attacks passing from the woods when I command personally troops, they are very good for defence with few troops, but in attack, if there is not surprise, you lost the bigger picture of your formation and the battlefield without having a real advantage.

Anyway great delay action of Suchet and Armstead on the left with the help of cavalry against a great number of enemy troops.

Last edited by mitra on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Sounds like it was great fun, sorry that I missed it, we had to move my birthday celebrations up to that day, otherwise I would have joined the Brits to thrash those frogs! 16 players too, wow that's quite a bit for the Nap mod up to this point.
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:50 pm

mitra wrote:
Mr. Digby wrote:
Mitra - great video but could I ask you in future to turn your game sound up? Watching it in complete silence is a bit strange!

Hi Digby

The problem is that if I activate the sound recorder with ZD Soft, you have the sound return in TS also.

ciao
Davide
Ah, I see. But we don't use TS anyway during battle, except for short conversations with 1 other player. That would not be a big problem would it? Th egame sound does not need to be loud, its just that complete silence is so strange.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:
mitra wrote:
Mr. Digby wrote:

Hi Digby

ciao
Davide
Ah, I see. But we don't use TS anyway during battle, except for short conversations with 1 other player. That would not be a big problem would it? Th egame sound does not need to be loud, its just that complete silence is so strange.

I don't know, you should hear the sound of your game and in echo the sound of mine. I will search if there is a solution.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2