Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 17 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:50 am

uhlans and lancers also count as light.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 17 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  camrik Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:28 am

So.... Chevaulegers Gottfried: Oberst Baron Gottfried (832 Cav. 1 regiments Avg.Exp. 5.0) is light cavaly

..... Dragoner Hardach: Generalmajor Hardach (832 Cav. 1 regiments Avg.Exp. 5.0) is medium cavalry

....... Husaren von Sedgewick: Oberst Count von Sedgewick (944 Cav. 1 regiments Avg.Exp. 5.0) is light cavalry

if I understand correctly.

What about ..... Brigade Splényi: Generalmajor Ignaz Splényi (720 Cav. 1 regiments Avg.Exp. 5.0) ?

Thanks!

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:08 pm

There's 2 ways to tell, one is in-game looking at the specific regiment Generalmajor Splényi commands, the second is to open the scenario.csv and do a search for the commanders name, then look at the unit below him. After a while you will get used to the same commanders names popping up since the brigades and their commanders are never adjusted by the scenarios. Division commanders and names are. Splényi was an Austrian hussar commander in Italy I believe.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:56 pm

I think I'm getting the hand of it. Thanks for your patience. I need to play a bit and I'll join you in mp!!

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:29 pm

We are just starting a campaign so some fun battles lie ahead.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:08 am

I noticed that squares, even when very close to cavalry, do no damage to it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? In the vanilla game, it used to do some damage.

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:01 am

Do you mean shooting? Squares do very little shooting damage. They were a defensive formation and the men were often ordered to hold their fire for when or if the cavalry did something more aggressive. They do shoot a little though and if cavalry stop very close ~50 yds, you will see them take casualties. The best way to drive cavalry away with infantry is to un-TC the brigade commander and allow him to creep his squares forwards, the cavalry will eventually be forced to back away. Its a very slow process however. The AI won't do this under a combined arms threat however, with enemy infantry close to their cavalry.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Alright, I'll try that.

Another thing now: it is sometimes difficult to see the bataillons when they are in wheat fields (or any other cereals). You barely see them. Any way around this?

Thanks.

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:59 am

Hitting the 'T' key several times switches down the vegetation levels. Depending on how the map maker set the map up one of these levels will turn off the crops.

Last edited by Mr. Digby on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:26 am

Oh great! Thanks!

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:11 am

Was a change made so that tcommon and Atcommon no longer work? I seem to recall using them in the past.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm

If you are talking about the toolbar buttons, they work just fine. If you are referring to MP script commands, I never put them into the code.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:20 pm

Yeah, script commands. Okay. Must be a false memory of having used them. I always found the SDK scenario generator impossible to work with so it couldn't have been from there.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 am

Actually, I finally got around to trying it and the toolbar buttons are not working, either.

Not for the Corps Commander, or the Division Commander or the Brigade Commander. I do seem to recall it working once before in the past.

Might it have anything to do with my having scripted Ahold commands for each division to start the scenario?

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Very possibly. I don't have any experience with SP scripting. For instance, I've never played any of the NSD Waterloo scenarios.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:20 pm

The tool bar buttons work fine on SP. Not on MP.

Hmmm.....

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 17 Empty don't work

Post  USSR-81 Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Hello!

I installed your mod and when I run some scenario (but not all, some scenario work), the game crashes. For example, this happens when KSRussianScenario1 is launched (entry in SowWL.log: "Can't find unit class type FR_HUSSAR2") as well as some other Russian scenario.
I looked at the folder KS Sprites Mod 1.07 there really is no file with that name. I ask for your help in solving this problem. I have SowWL + all dls but no Gettysburg.

USSR-81

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Yes, That is an old class name. Go to the KSRussianScenario1 folder and open scenario.csv. You can use a text editor if you do not have Excel. Go to line 55 and change FR_HUSSAR2 to FR_HUSSAR_11. That will fix the problem. If you find any other problems, post them here.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  USSR-81 Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
Thanks, I did as you said, now the KSRussianScenario1 is working. But now the same problem in KSRussianScenario3, crash error in log: "Can't find unit class type FR_HUSSAR5_10". Could you help solve this problem too?

USSR-81

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:47 pm

Thanks. As before, change the entry in line 59 to FR_HUSSAR_5_10.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  USSR-81 Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:49 pm

Thanks for the help! Now it works good. If I find anything else I'll write it here.

USSR-81

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:56 pm

A new version of the KS Napoleon Mod, (1.32) has been uploaded.  Besides the usual AI behavior improvements there have been a couple of additions.
1. Company-sized skirmish units have been added.  These reflect the historic, tactical use of French voltigeur and British light companies.  They also mimic the deployment of the third rank as skirmishers in the other European armies.  The full battalion deployment of other units such as jagers, tirailleurs and some light infantry battalions are still there.  These new smaller units are almost entirely controlled by the AI.  See the KS Mod manual for details.
Several new scenarios have been added which use the new company-sized skirmishers, Austrian Scenarios 66 & 68, French Scenarios 127 & 130, Prussian Scenario 25 and Russian Scenario 69.  The older scenario still use the full battalion-size skirmish units.
The OOB subfolder now has a set of OOBs which incorporate the new skirmish units. The older OOBs which use the full battalion-size units are also there.

2. Supply trains have been added.  These are not ammo wagons which resupply units during battle.  These represent the wagon trains that accompanied armies.  As such, they are targets for enemy units.  They can be added to scenarios via the latest version of the KS SOW Scenario Generator, (1.61).

The KS Supplemental Maps have also been updated, version 1.22.  These contain various fixes and improvements to existing maps.

The links are in the first post of this thread.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:53 pm

Many thanks for all your efforts, Uncle Billy.

Am hoping to get back for some Waterloo games with the group this spring, and the knowledge that the game and related apps are continually being improved is a great incentive.

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 17 Empty Error in the Pen OOBs

Post  Pop1 Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:42 am

Hi,

First off, a big thanks for the continued work on this MOD, it is what keeps me playing SOWWL.

I downloaded the latest version of the MOD a few days ago and have been playing a few test games to see how the skirmish companies work - first impressions are good, but the point of this post is to notify you of an error in two of the OOBs that contain skirmish companies.

I noticed this when watching the 1st Btn 2nd (Coldstream) Foot Guards deliver their initial volley against an advancing french column. About 60% of the column dropped as casualties, the remainder promptly routed. I thought this very effective, and minutes later almost the same thing happened to a second french column. It was then I noticed the strength of the Foot Guards was over 7,000 men!

See:

OOB_SB_KS_NAP_Skirm_Peninsula_Full
OOB_SB_KS_NAP_Skirm_Peninsula_NoSpanish

in both of these OOBs the first unit of English Foot Guards in Campbell's Brigade have a strength of 7,200. I have reduced this to 720.
I have not seen the same error in the OOBs which do not have the 'Skirm' addition, nor in the 1815 OOBs.

I plan to post more observations of the new version of the MOD once I have done further test games.

Keep up the good work, love it.

Pop1

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:11 am

Hi Pop1

Ha! That must have been Awsome! Cool

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As you know, you are completely right. Likely a rogue typo error done when converting the csv files to new skirmisher type unless, of course, Kevin was planning a nasty surprise for us in the next MP scenario Evil or Very Mad

I've put a fixed version of both OOBs in my drop box, if anyone wants to replace rather than editing them themselves:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2ktm5q1o8gcem7/OOB_SB_KS_NAP_Skirm_Peninsula_Full.csv?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4choqvnqywvdstp/OOB_SB_KS_NAP_Skirm_Peninsula_NoSpanish.csv?dl=0

Mike

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 24 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next