Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Two Part Scenario

+7
Martin
kg_sspoom
kg little mac
Iberalc
Mr. Digby
WSH Baylor
WJPalmer
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Two Part Scenario - Page 3 Empty Re: Two Part Scenario

Post  Mark87 Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:57 am

extremely interesting scenario; my first HITS experience! I thoroughly enjoyed my first attempt at a brigade command and I believe I gave more than I received!!! Great fun!
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:20 am

I second the sentiments above and would add that the battle with its vast distances presented an overwhelming challenge to the CinC's (well, at least for me). So much reliance is placed on the division commanders that the experience became something quite different from what I'm used to in SoW. It is no place for a control freak! Smile

I also felt the Austrians had something of an advantage at the end of part 1. Two things worked in favor of the French, however: 1) our largest formations including daunting cavalry brigades were in good position to meet what I thought would be the major Austrian push; and 2) Our most experienced commanders were also on that flank. It was a big challenge to juggle management of the 4th Division's guns, cavalry and one infantry brigade. It was probably dumb luck that these ended up in good position to help Mark and Wittman with the Austrian push on our left. Both Mark and Wittman did fine in carrying out their assignments. Wittman remained on the left flank the entire time, while Mark had fun repelling the initial Austrian push on the left, then, marchings down the line mirroring the Austrian shift to attack Grog's 2nd Division. Somehow it all came together in a grand finale in the open fields there. I had only the barest impression of Steve's situation on the right, but was confident he was the guy to meet the challenges down there.

Thanks again for the scenario, Kevin. The scale was massive, and presented a serious test. I was curious to hear that Martin remained with his division through most of the battle. I was riding all over everywhere just trying to respond to developments so we wouldn't get completely overwhelmed somewhere. I spent perhaps 25% of the battle actually with my direct charges, which could have spelled disaster for the Fightin' Fourth had the enemy pushed hard in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Next time I'd like to take a brigade, or perhaps a division. Everyone should get a shot at enjoying the CinC experience! Shocked
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 am

Our CiC gave clear, concise, and timely orders.... at least to my brigade which made fighting easy and fun. I couldn't imagine putting up with all the recalcitrant French commanders ...... like me! Laughing
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.

CiC + Commanding troops can be very stressful, and incremental with distance. cyclops
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3