Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:36 pm

» SOWWL Artillery batteries
by Uncle Billy Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:15 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Uncle Billy Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:35 pm

» The New SOWWL Is Now Available On Steam
by Grog Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:14 pm

» Grog can't make it
by Grog Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» Boxed KS set Wallington NT near Morpeth
by Martin Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

» Help Request-Artillery Behavior
by Dutch101 Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 pm

» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

Statistics
We have 1577 registered users
The newest registered user is errik100

Our users have posted a total of 30522 messages in 2300 subjects

I forgot my password

A few questions.

2 posters

Go down

A few questions. Empty A few questions.

Post  tikijoetots37 Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:36 am

I've been interested in playing this mod in multi-player. I've noticed that this group plays a lot. I thought I'd give the mod a go and see what all the fuss was about. I'm not complaining or making negative comments about the mod, I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. I've gotten quite good at the Valina game and feel like I have a basic understanding. I can control things up to corp level and usually do pretty good in single player. I know that the senerios that came with the game do not work with this mod. I've been trying it out in sandbox.

I installed the KS mod and followed all the instructions from the mod forums. It works but things seem really off. All of my battles end up with both the enemy AI as well as my men all over the place. The enemy has a habit of stacking his brigades all on top of each other. I'll order my generals to move his men some place in front of the enemy and his men turn around with their backs to the enemy and just stand there. Many times I'll send out an order and nothing happens.
My men seem to ignore all the stance settings i.e. All out attack, attack, probe, defend etc.

I love the how the moral system works and that the cannons do a great deal more damage, I find it more realistic. The sprites are right on and the extra flags and audio are really cool. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe its really only made for multiplayer which is my ultimate goal...

tikijoetots37

Back to top Go down

A few questions. Empty Re: A few questions.

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:27 am

Hi there and welcome to the forums and the KS Mod.

Your comments are appreciated and don't worry about being critical. If new players spot things our jaded eyes haven't noticed, that is good. Keep the comments coming. Thanks.

The mod works fine in SP sandbox; I actually play more games SP than MP because I do a lot of testing and scenario building and I've used it for several of the SP campaigns in place of the stock OOBs where it works pretty well.

It sounds like your install may be conflicting with something. Have you got any other mods activated other than the 3 KS ones (Nap Mod, Supplementary Maps Mod, Sprites Mod)? These are currently at v1.16, v1.10 and v1.02 respectively so ensure you have the latest ones.

Which map(s) are you using? You should stick with either a stock map or better still one of ours, all of which begin with a country name.

You are using one of the KS OOBs, not a stock one, yes?

Lastly I don't know if you're aware that when you activate or deactivate a mod in the Modifications screen you have to click "use these mods" the box then close the game completely and go back into it. Mod changes don't take effect while the game is running. This is a bit weird I know and catches even the most experienced players out... erm... me included last weekend... Embarassed

If you are still having trouble we can help by talking you through things in TeamSpeak and then we could have a short MP test game to get you into things.

What time zone are you in? We usually play at 20:00 GMT; this is mid-afternoon on US East Coast and around midday in California so we tend to play Saturdays or Sundays most of the time. Eu players gather for games mid-week with those of our US members who don't need to be busy with work or school in the day. A couple of us can get onto TS pretty much any day to give you help.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  tikijoetots37 Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Than you for your reply,

I was thinking the same thing. I did have other mods installed but I deactivated them. Last night I did a clean install and am going to follow the instructions again.

I'm starting to think that it was something on my end. Things seemed really wacky. I'll let you know how it goes. I can't wait to get it set up and working. I'm really

looking forward to playing with you all.

Happy holidays by the way!

tikijoetots37

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks. I promise you the mod doesn't play the way you have described. We'd be the most annoyed with it if it did! There will probably be an MP game over the weekend. We hope to run a scheduled battle from our campaign on Sunday but I expect we will also have a game either Friday or maybe later today. We do sometimes play Wednesdays.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi, we saw you in Teamspeak today but I think you were actually not there while we were talking and arranging a game. Some people will be playing again on Friday and we usually go into TS at about 19:45h GMT, and then begin playing about 20:15h so if you are there then, someone will get you sorted out and into a game.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down