Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Boxed KS set Wallington NT near Morpeth
by Martin Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

» Grog can't make it
by Grog Fri May 31, 2024 3:57 pm

» Help Request-Artillery Behavior
by Dutch101 Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 pm

» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

Statistics
We have 1567 registered users
The newest registered user is YourMessiah

Our users have posted a total of 30504 messages in 2298 subjects

I forgot my password

HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information

+3
Blaugrana
King_Rufus
Ike
7 posters

Go down

teamspeak - HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information Empty HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information

Post  Ike Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 pm

So that the information is more conveniently available, here is the address and password for our TS Server for use with SOW:

Address:  ts8.gameservers.com:9107
Password:  20thmaine

Please don't forget the four digits after the colon!

Welcome all!
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

teamspeak - HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information Empty Teamspeak - and how to set up the Whisper keys

Post  King_Rufus Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Many thanks to Ike for providing us with the Teamspeak facility at his own private expense.

Thought it would be helpful to transpose here the instructions for setting up the whisper functions we use to conduct private conversations between generals who are within 20 yards of each other on the battlefield.

The TS whisper keys are not very intuitive to set up, but essentially one needs to create a ‘New’ key in the ‘Whisper List’ (in Settings) for each player, by dragging their name across from a list of 'clients' in the RH panel. Assign each player a hotkey - I am presently advised that the line of numbers just above the top QWERTY line of the keyboard are the safest ones to assign, although I note the game interprets 4,5,7 and 8 as 'advance' commands to an individual general and/or unit if currently selected, and this may be a potential conflict problem to look out for. ON NO ACCOUNT USE THE NUMPAD KEYS, since I understand these can create severe conflicts. Likewise, Windows itself uses some of the F function keys at the top of the keyboard.

Once a hotkey has been assigned to a player, ‘Apply’ this setting before selecting 'New' again and creating further discrete keys for each player in like fashion. One should end up with a list of six or seven keys in the LHS pane of the TS window, at which point one can click OK in the main window. Retain the number '0' as a means to reply to any private whisper call you may get on the field.

BE SURE, also, to untick one of the boxes which is already ticked in the default Whisper setup. I think this is the fourth option down in the list of default settings, but check with the regulars - and also be sure to arrive in TS early so you can be talked through this.
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

teamspeak - HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information Empty Re: HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information

Post  Ike Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:41 pm

You all are more than welcome.

I have one question - at least - about the TS whisper settings: in order to set someone's whisper number, don't they have to be on the server at the same time that I'm setting my whisper numbers?
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

teamspeak - HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information Empty Re: HITS & Couriers TeamSpeak Server Information

Post  Blaugrana Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Ike wrote:I have one question - at least - about the TS whisper settings: in order to set someone's whisper number, don't they have to be on the server at the same time that I'm setting my whisper numbers?
I believe so - at least that's how I've set mine up. Once they're done, though, they stay done, so next time you'll just have to add 'new' people. I hope this makes sense.

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:08 pm

That's right. I missed adding Neal when he was there the other night.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 am

Yes, thank you both. That makes perfect sense.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 am

Just bumping this up a bit for the benefit of new players.

Would it be worth adding it to the set up sticky by Uncle Billy?

Maybe a sticky of its own.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm

You may have experienced difficulties logging onto the TS server all day and most of the night yesterday. This was caused by the server provider moving his operations to a new physical server and location, which appears to have required much more time to complete than their original estimate. It is now operational as normal. Very Happy
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 am

Thank you Ike. It is also good to hear from you. Perhaps "Happy New Year" may not be appropriate but I do wish you a good year and hope its a new beginning for you.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Thank you, Digby. And a Happy New Year to you, also, my friend. Smile
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:57 pm

My apologies to all who were unable to log into the Kriegspiel TS server in the last few days. I was on holiday in Greece and unable to access my email account and missed a payment failure notice. I've paid it just now and the server ought to be operational.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Many thanks Ike for your generosity in setting up our TS account. It is very convenient to have our own.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:08 pm

No problem, my friend.  I'm out of sorts, still struggling with my fate, but I'm glad to help my friends and expect one day to return to the gaming I've enjoyed for so long with my good friends. Losing two loved ones in such a short time has shaken me severely, I must admit. But I am not giving up and expect to return to battle as inept as always.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:29 pm

You've had a tough time all right.  Whenever you're ready to come back to MP, you can be assured of a warm welcome from your many friends here.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:31 am

Take care Ike. We'll see you again when you want to return.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks Ike, for continuing to support the group. I too hope to see you on the battlefield soon. I look forward to that day.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down