Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Impromptu Games

+15
NY Cavalry
Miko77
Ostwindflak
Mr. Digby
lordjoe1234
Uncle Billy
Theodor Schmidt
Grog
alexman142
Charmead
Challenge
scauispo
Jeanathan
WSH Baylor
CaptainAndrew
19 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Impromptu Games - Page 13 Empty Re: Impromptu Games

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Yesterday's Scenario's Results

Kevin lead us to a partial victory yesterday since we ran the French out of Chateau de Tagg after 2+ hours game time.  It was a hard and methodical fight as we slowly swept them away.

When I made the scenario I was worried that we would run out of time and during the game I was thinking that I should make Chateau II and just about that time Miko spoke up and requested we have a part II.  So there will be  a part II.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Martin we had the same issue yesterday as we did the day before.  It is probably not the map.  Kevin found a few issues in the .dll and he is tracking them down.  It appears that when we are engaged and it seems when commander give orders to routed/surrendered troops there is a glitch.  I am sure Kevin will explain totally different then this.  LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:27 pm

As usual it was the cavalry's fault. I really don't know why we have them. More bother than their worth, if you ask me. There were two issues, one of my making and another of NSD's. I've fixed both of those. Once fixed, we ran the scenario to completion, capturing the chateau, without any crashes.

I'd like to try a game today to test out the dll more thoroughly. I'll pass out the new version at game time, 20:00 BST, 15:00 EST. Andrew, try not to break anything this time. Suspect
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:44 pm

cheers

All those flies from verbal and virtual hoss puckey spewing from the CAV as they march across the field.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:27 pm

So, Kevin, are you saying our recent crashes on the 10mi map may not have been the map at all?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Unknown. You see our cavalry commander could not remember if he pushed the raid weak targets button or not. Maybe one too many saber blows to the head? We'd have to try a scenario on the map to be sure.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Is there a game today and if so what time and who is hosting? Should I make a scenario?

Martin if you are going to try and host lets get on early before the start time and see if I can connect.  I reset my internet connection config for my new connection and I have been able to join and host SOWGB, maybe I can connect to you now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:21 pm

I have a newly upgraded PC and haven't bothered to set up my ports so no point trying.

I will be in TS and can happily play an hour later when Kevin gets back from his oral hygiene session.

Looks like it may be just you, me, Kevin and Phil. I know Andrew is busy today. I can't play tomorrow (daughters birthday and we are seeing a film and having dinner) so a game today would be good.

I will throw together a co-op game on the 10mile map.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:38 pm

It turns out I can now play at the usual time, 20:00 BST, 15:00 EST. The 10 mile map would be a good choice.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:03 pm

I have one on the 10 mile map done, part II for the last battle that was stymied by the glitch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Russian v France N. GB

After a hard afternoon of fighting and as each team was faltering in morale a vicious storm struck the battlefield. High winds dark clouds, toad strangling rains and the evening set in quickly leaving both sides confused. The Russian troops seemed to have been able to regroup the best with only their CAV separated. Reports from all over the field have stated that the French Army is scattered all over the place.

The Storm raged for 2 days and you have received reinforcements who moved forward they after the storm passed them. Superior Russian Intel states that the French are still unorganized and unsupplied. Genreal your mission is to take Tapiau and hold till the end of French aggression. Good Luck!

Impromptu Games - Page 13 Rus_po10

OOB
6-y Korpus: General'nyy Infanryy Dmitry Dokhturov (22075 Inf. 4305 Cav. 84 Guns))

7-y Diviziya: General-Poruchik Peter Kaptsevich (7390 Inf. 24 Guns)
Brigada Gurielov: General-Mayor Prince Ivan Gurielov (2000 Inf. 4 battalions Avg. Exp. 6.0)
Brigada Laptev: General-Mayor Vasily Laptev (3290 Inf. 6 battalions Avg. Exp. 5.2)
Brigada Aleksopol: General-Mayor Fedor Aleksopol (2100 Inf. 4 battalions Avg. Exp. 5.Cool
3-y Zhiznennaya Okhrana Tyazhelaya Batareya Polozheniye: Podpolkovnik Karl Taube (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 6.0)
7-y Tyazhelaya Batareya Polozheniye: Podpolkovnik Fedor Bellinshausen (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 5.9)

2-y Grenader Diviziya: General-Mayor Karl von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (6605 Inf. 24 Guns)
Grenader Brigada Levin: Polkovnik Dmitry Levin (1765 Inf. 4 battalions Avg. Exp. 6.3)
1-y Kombinirovannyy Grenader brigada: Polkovnik Prince Grigory Kantakuzen (2260 Inf. 4 battalions Avg. Exp. 6.3)
Brigada Tuchkov: General-Mayor Alexander Tuchkov (2580 Inf. 6 battalions Avg. Exp. 4.Cool
7-y Tyazhelaya Batareya Polozheniye: Podpolkovnik Khristian Ditterix III (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 5.0)
24-y Tyazhelaya Batareya Polozheniye: Podpolkovnik Peter Veselitsky II (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 6.0)

4-y Diviziya: General-Mayor Prince Eugene of Wurrtemberg (8080 Inf. 24 Guns)
Grenader brigada Shatilov: Polkovnik Ivan Shatilov (1820 Inf. 4 battalions Avg. Exp. 5.Cool
Brigada Vadkovsky: General-Mayor Yakov Vadkovsky (3180 Inf. 6 battalions Avg. Exp. 5.3)
Brigada Kadyshev : Podpolkovnik Nikolay Kadyshev (3080 Inf. 6 battalions Avg. Exp. 4.9)
8-y Batareya Truppa: Podpolkovnik Matvey Frish (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 6.0)
5-y Konnaya Artilleriya: Podpolkovnik Daniil Kandyba (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 4.0)

3-y Kavaleriyskaya Diviziya: General-Mayor Korff II ( 4305 Cav. 12 Guns)
Gvardiya Kavaleriyskaya Brigada Chalikov: General-Mayor Anton Chalikov (1115 Cav. 7 squadrons Avg.Exp. 6.Cool
2-y Kazak Brigada: General-Mayor Nikolay Ilovaisky V (760 Cav. 2 squadrons Avg.Exp. 3.0)
Kazak Brigada Bykhalov I: Polkovnik Andrey Bykhalov I (1170 Cav. 9 squadrons Avg.Exp. 4.6)
1-y Dragunskiy Brigada: General-Mayor Stepan Dyatkov (1260 Cav. 8 squadrons Avg.Exp. 6.0)
1-y Batareya Truppa: Kapitan Nikolay Shishkin II (12 Guns Avg. Exp. 5.0)

Kevin you will have to set the CAV to the right size Sqds again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Mike, you are just using the OOBs that have the "sqn" designation in them. Use the other OOBs and you'll be okay. I'm sure Kevin will be okay editing your current one.

I also have a big battle set up on the 10 mile map that has a cavalry brigade in every division so anyone may hit the big red button and potentially bring the world to an end. Its got about 75,000 men on the field so should be a good test of the game on that map.

We can do yours today Mike and save mine for later in the week.

EDIT: Kevin - could your scenario generator be changed to pick only horse batteries if a division has no infantry brigades?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:56 pm

IF we have a large number on again today we could do yours if less them mine. No problem there.

Thanks about reminding about the SQN, I made the game a 0430 my time and just plain forgot. Arrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:44 am

Another fine game Mike, thank you. It sounded like some generals had a very tough battle on their hands but we in the grenadier division had a most pleasant afternoon deployed on a fine sloping hilltop field and enjoying our borscht and vodka, quite the picnic. A few French fellows arrived to try and crash the party after a while but we shooed them away saying it was a private event. After that we had a nice walk in the woods on the west side of the hill, picking flowers, writing letters home and watching some strange horsemen in tall bearskins trying to scramble through the undergrowth. These foreign gentlemen have the most peculiar hobbies.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:13 pm

Thanks Martin, that scenario went as planned.  Miko did a fine job with his initial set up by preparing for that exact situation.  

There will be a Part II.

The Russians have run the confused French out of Northern England and into the the channel.  The Russian's have claimed all the French held land and more and called it Новая Россия and word is that more troops are crossing towards the new colony via fishing boats from the Northland.

The King of England has broken off relation with Russia and had made peace with the French.  Seems that the French see that the two countries now have a common traitorous enemy that can't be trusted.  This has allowed the English army to return home to run the Russkies out of their beloved homeland.

We shall play the English this time around and the scenario should be ready after we do Martin's scenario or whenever.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:44 pm

British vs Russians will be a titanic clash.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Down with the Russians! I have no fear of their guns, Phil and Mike will lead the way. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAndrew Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 pm

To give way for many a russian for Andrew to slay,
CaptainAndrew
CaptainAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm available for a game today at the usual time, 20:00 BST, 15:00 EST.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:53 pm

As am I also.

I have a 10 mile map scenario prepared. If we get 7 or more players it can be PvP, otherwise it can be co-op.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:14 pm

I should make it too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:19 pm

I've created maps, OOBs and briefings for both sides in case we get enough players. If we do co-op anyone volunteering to be C-in-C of the Allies can receive that package now and do some pre-game planning. 250 bonus victory points to the first person who identifies the battle this is based on (but excluding the C-in-C if he gets the briefing early!)

This is a 3-hour scenario but there might be a good bit of marching in it so it may turn out we play this in two parts.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:00 pm

I should be there too tonight Very Happy

As is usual on Wednesdays, I will be on 'babysitting dad' duty, so occasionally get the odd interruption or worse.

Best keep my command less 'vital to successful operations'.

Mike

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Looks like we have many candidates to lead the charge into glory today. I'll be happy to stay in the rear and direct the slaughter.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm available for a game today at the usual time, 20:00 BST, 15:00 EST.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next