Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

So only the skirmish units? I don't like them either and they are very easy to fix by editing the scenario file and changing the numbers in column AM of the csv file (use Excel or freebie spreadsheet software) and alter all the values to "0" and then in those units that you do want to be able to skirmish set that value to "1".

That restores the old skirmish system.

I use a system of only a single "1" capable unit per brigade, unless its a French brigade of 6 or more battalions when I set a second one to "1". Some brigades (noteably British) have several "light" units but be careful with these as most "light" units in the British army of this period fought in close order the same as the line regiments, but a few such as the 5/60th, 95th, Portuguese Cacadores, KGL lights, etc should all be able to skirmish. I suggest setting the SECOND unit in each brigade to be able to skirmish and if you ned a second one, then the FIRST unit. Or, failing that, the one that is clearly labelled as a light unit which you can identify in column I of scenario.csv

The Austrians have some skirmish-heavy brigades as well, such as their jager brigades.

Spanish - don't bother! If they had skirmish units they really were not very effective, but you can make all the guerilla units skirmish capable.

Alternatively you can simply keep all the OOBs from v1.31 and use them with v1.32.

I would also give the new skirmish units a second chance. They can be quite effective if you let the AI do its thing. They do sometimes do daft things like go off and recon a wood 500 yards in your rear or something like that but they are not completely ineffective. I play opposite them all the time and they can be a real pain.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  DumpTruck Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm

If the skirmishers were standing around doing nothing it may have been due to enemy cavalry being near by. They have a somewhat limited leash that ties them to their parent unit I think, so perhaps they were deployed, but the enemy was too far away. The commander's status also influences how many of the groups there will be. The more aggressive the stance the less skirmisher groups there will be.

I find them to usually do their job. They can be a bit chaotic at times but such is war. Sometimes the enemy cavalry will show up an an inopportune moment but you're not losing too many men if you lose a skirmisher group.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 pm

So only the skirmish units?

That's as far as I got. Like I said, I didn't have a lot of time. I did DL v 1.33 and the new map mod so I might give those a shot soon.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  fwhite1221 Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:26 am

Download links are not working. Anyone else having the same issue?

fwhite1221

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 am

You need to log in.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  manosteele117 Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:05 pm

I am having an odd issue where upon install of this mod (and the maps/sprites) and enabling them, if I select the sandbox or user scenarios buttons, my game will crash with no extra info. Has anyone else had this issue?

manosteele117

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Try looking in your SOWWL Documents file and see if there is a .log file. That might give you a clue.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm

As I recall, one of the DLCs has a Logistics sub-folder. If you have the DLCs. look through them and rename the Logistics folder to something like, xLogistics. That may be the problem.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  manosteele117 Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:56 pm

rschilla, good call. Looks like I've been playing on v1.01 which is not compatible with KS.

Billy, your recollection is spot on but that didn't seem to have any effect, maybe once I can get this updated I will need to handle that again.

Now I downloaded the updates from Matrix, but they don't seem to be able to find my install for some reason, both 1.02 updater or 1.03 updater, saying that Setup has detected I do not have SOWWL installed. I wonder what the heck is preventing it from seeing my install.

manosteele117

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:05 am

Make sure that you don't have an extra folder in the install. Sometimes when copying the extracted zip file to the SOWWL\Mods file you get a second intermediate mod file that messes things up. It's happened to me.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  manosteele117 Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:33 am

I checked again for that, no dice. Something is preventing the update programs from working correctly on my install, I assume if I was on 1.03 I wouldn't have any issues with the KS mod.

manosteele117

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:39 am

Can you update the game via Steam?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Miko77 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 am

I'm not a betting man but it still sounds like a bad installation to me.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 am

So I imagine when you guys play your HITS games that you use the Host method and have everyone else sign in?

Has anyone noticed a problem with the Lobby? It almost seems as if Matrix or Norbsoft has discontinued it. It will not allow me to sign on. Fortunately I can use the Host method but it seems odd that they would issue an update for the game and still pretend that the Lobby works.

Unless the problem is on my end, that is.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 am

The problem is not at your end. The service is disconnected. That's not a problem as Power Lobby was too unstable to be useful. Joining by direct IP has always been far better.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 am

Thanks for clearing that up.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent6691 Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:15 am

Hello,

I found some additionnal regulatory music for French infantry and cavalry for march, charge, recall, column formation, sword drawn, gallop, etc.
Would it be feasible to add them for some orders that doesn't have yet a music ?

Vincent6691
Vincent6691

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent6691 Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:46 pm

Here are a few examples for cavalry. It would be nice if we could trigger them when the courriers reaches the batallions. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrk0em4he4qxoxn/AACJsTz6yqZ-38OryweRXX_Sa?dl=0

To even reinforce the authenticity of the atmosphere we could trigger a "Vive l'Empereur" when Napoleon sprites is around Laughing
Vincent6691
Vincent6691

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 Empty Artillery ammunition issue

Post  Boche Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:25 am

I had played a few games with the mod, very high quality and exciting to play as both Allied and French forces. But I had several problems with the artillery ammunition, ever match I tested scenarios in both divisional and corp command which provide its unique challenges for me. But the artillery mechanics often set at Canister shot and remain stuck even if I TC the battery commander or click on the solid shot option. This is quite problematic as the AI could easily plough holes in my troops, but I unable to reply back to the enemy. Help and advice would highly appreciated from the group.

Here below are the screenshots highlighting the problem

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 20210210
As the French KS scenario 3
Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 20210211
British artillery from Piction Division in KS British Scenario 1

Boche

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Welcome to the forum. Don't concern yourself with the type of ammunition the battery commander thinks should be used. Each gun selects the best type based on the target it want to shoot. In general, the best thing you can do with the artillery is leave it alone. They will usually find a good spot to deploy and fire on appropriate target. Micromanaging it almost always leads to poor results and great frustration.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Boche Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:11 am

Thank for that tip since it had driven me problem with causalities on the battlefield, though would certain game AI level would make your allies/enemies behave or react differently since I played most of the sandbox under normal setting due to my laptop performance. Since I would have to change the game AI the make the battle experiences more focused with the objectives since they often act statically without much movement going on with the other divisional commanders on the map?.

Boche

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:41 pm

If you look at some of the KS scenarios, you will see that they all have objectives. This helps the AI focus on certain areas on the map. That way it will concentrate its forces in those areas and give you a better battle.

If you want very challenging battles place 3 objectives on the map and use Hunt Them Down for the battle type.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  dran-yam-nai Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:30 pm

Hello,

KS mod is not working for me, I now suspect that I don't have V1.03, how do I check please?

I've purchased the basic level of the game via steam, do I need all the other ones?

Cheers in anticipation of a reply

Last edited by dran-yam-nai on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

dran-yam-nai

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:54 pm

Welcome to the forum. I think there is a WhatsNew pdf in the game folder. It should tell you the version number. If you ordered it from Steam, it should be the most recent version.

What exactly is the problem you are having with the mod?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  dran-yam-nai Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I've checked and definitely V1.03

I'll include some screen grabs to hopefully illustrate the problem.

Oh ... I can't see how to add an image!

I have the 3 mods installed and ticked

when I start a sandbox game I get the old menu (original game)

Last edited by dran-yam-nai on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

dran-yam-nai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next