Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  rschilla Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:53 pm

A pattern is developing, huh?

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:28 pm

Definitely a pattern here. OK, join the KS Discord channel. Go to the Download test channel. At the bottom of the list is a file named Modules. Download that and unzip it. Place the file, SOWAiInf.dll, in the KS_Napoleon Mod136\Modules folder. It will replace the file that is in there. Now try out the mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:44 pm

I can report that the new .dll has solved my problem.

I have since learned that the Ahideunit and Ashowunit commands work at the divisional level in a script.

I have noted that the "X" to close the unit status box does not work. I have to go to the telescope and then back out of that to get back to a full screen. But that is a minor issue.

Also, enemy cannon still march up to French Legere battalions are surrender to them. They are then replaced by French units but they do not work and frequently cause my screen to lock up. They also subtract 15 men from the battalion to "re-crew" the useless gun. Works far better if they just surrender and vanish. I have to be careful what I click on there.

Otherwise... all is well.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Den31sev Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:17 pm

Fancs. It's work.

Den31sev

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:56 pm

@Den31sev
Glad to hear that it works.

I have noted that the "X" to close the unit status box does not work. I have to go to the telescope and then back out of that to get back to a full screen. But that is a minor issue.
I've never heard this from anyone else. I know it works fine for me. You can also press the S button a 2nd time to make the box disappear. Granted, using MyGui was a very bad decision NSD made with regards to this game, the basic features do work.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:43 pm

I'll try that.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty It's not extracting the files in a correct manner

Post  specialzendos Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm

As I extract the KS files to the mods folder, it just brings up an error during the extraction, and then half the files arent extracted which ruins the mod and won't let me play any of the scenarios

specialzendos

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:41 pm

Welcome to the forum. You either have a corrupted download or it is something on your end. Try downloading the file again.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty Thank you! Tho, what about stock scenarios?

Post  specialzendos Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:27 pm

Do stock scenarios work accurately? In the Full Waterloo stock scenario, the Grand Battery doesn't fire at all, even when I select a specific target.

specialzendos

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Be sure to use the stock scenarios that are prefaced with KS in the User Scenarios page. Do not use the ones on the Waterloo Battles page.

Artillery is very tricky. The guns have been modified not to shoot when friendly troops are in front of them of are close to their targets. They will not fire at units that are in woods, heavy woods or rough terrain. They also have a limited vertical range and cannot fire downhill at a steep angle, just as in real life. For more information, consult the KS Mod Manual in the Manuals folder of the mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty Thank you! Tho, what about stock scenarios?

Post  specialzendos Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:51 pm

I have been using the ones in User Scenarios, tho I fear there's something wrong. The artillery never fires in the center and its quite worrying even when they have the range to do so.

specialzendos

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty KS Mod Install Questions

Post  Saucier Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:26 pm

I have been playing SOW since it came out and am very interested in installing your mod. I am running Win 10 pro with Intel i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4o GHz and 8 GB RAM, 64 bit. Is this sufficient for playing the Mod? I understand that, per the game manual, in some cases the mods have to be loaded in a specific order. Is this the case with your 3 mods?

I have been using the latest GROG V toolbar. Am I reading correctly that you have your own toolbar? I also see that cavalry and artillery code has been rewritten. In the stock game I noticed that French cavalry always lost to enemy cavalry and seldom even caused any casualties. Many times loosing 100 to zero. Does your rewrite correct this issue?

Am I correct that your mod can be played single player and multiplayer?

Thanks for a reply. I really look forward to trying your mod!

Saucier

Saucier

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:56 pm

@specialzendos
I don't know, I've never played the stock scenarios. I know the stock guns have a longer range. Also they shoot at skimishers. The KS guns do not unless the skirmishers get very close. Try moving the guns closer and see what happens.

@Saucier
The 3 parts of the mod can be loaded in any order. Do not use other mods with the KS mod.
Yes, the mod has its own toolbar and can be used for SP or MP play.
The Grog toolbar will not work with this mod. Don't try to use it with this mod.
Actually, everything has been rewritten in this mod. Cavalry is very different from the stock game. It takes into account many different factors when charging such as terrain height difference, charging head-on or into the flank or rear of the enemy, the weight of the cavalry, (light, medium, heavy), etc. Tha manual will give you a good introduction to all of this.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty CTD when clicking on sandbox or user scenarios

Post  thilio Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:52 pm

Hello,

I downloaded today for the first time the KS Napoleon Mod II 136, KS SOW Supplemental Maps126 and KSSpritesMod 107.

When I click in the menu on user scenarios or sandbox, the game crash to desktop. I have the collectors edition from Matrix Game.
I've tried to use the SowAiInf.dll available in the Discord channel but no change.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this has already been discussed.

thilio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Check your PM.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty CTD when clicking on sandbox or user scenarios

Post  thilio Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:30 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
It works fine with the new file.
My file was uploaded as requested.

thilio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:26 pm

Yes, that's good news. Thanks for uploading the exe file. A fix for that version is in the works now. I'll give you a link to the new dll when it is done so you can test it out with your original exe.

Now we need a copy of the exe for the Steam version of the Collector's Edition.

If anyone has the Steam Collector's Edition of the game, please PM me or just upload the exe to the Discord download channel. We can then make the necessary change to the AI dll so it will be compatible for all versions of the game.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 23 Empty Memory Allocation Error

Post  Kenway Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:10 pm

Hi guys,

I've played the mod before with no issues (I own the base Scourge of War: Waterloo game on Steam), although I think it was the previous update of the mod or something...

In any case, I recently got back to the game and I'm certain I've successfully installed the newest version of the mod (I've done a complete reinstallation of the base game on Steam with no other mods downloaded/used) but, unfortunately, when trying to play any User Scenario, be it on multiplayer or singleplayer, very quickly after I start one up I get a "Memory Allocation Error" telling me to lower my settings or something along these lines (which I have tried and this error persists even on the lowest settings... and I'm certain I've never had to lower my settings too much the last time it worked - I was using the exact settings recommended for the mod).

I find this completely inexplicable, considering a couple of my friends also installed the newest version of the mod and had no issues - when we tried playing multiplayer everyone managed to join the game but me... But again, I am extremely sure that I've not touched anything or am missing anything obvious...

So, I'd be *very* grateful for any help with this! Thanks in advance!

P.S. When I say complete reinstallation of the Steam game I think I *really* reinstalled it completely - I even deleted the folder that saves your settings and stuff which doesn't uninstall automatically when deleting the game off Steam... I don't know if there are any other folders like that I should know about.

Kenway

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:31 pm

Welcome to the forum. Did you reinstall the base Waterloo game or the Collector's Edition?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenway Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Thanks,

I've reinstalled the base Scourge of War: Waterloo game (not the Collector's Edition) on Steam - it's all I've ever owned and the last version of the KSmod worked perfectly fine with it.

Kenway

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:06 pm

That's very odd since a number of people with the steam version use the mod. Did you allow steam to update the game? Also, please upload your sowwl.log file. You can find it in the Documents\SOWWL folder.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenway Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:27 pm

The game is definitely updated - I'm on the 1.0.3 version or 1.0106, like it says in-game. Anyway, this is what my log file says:

Game Launched
18:22:38 Version:SOWWL
18:22:38 Reading Key: SOFTWARE\NorbSoftDev\SOWWL
18:22:42 Mod: D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 136
18:22:42 Mod: D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps126
18:22:42 Mod: D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\KSSpritesMod 107
18:22:42 Ansi:16, TexH:16384, TexW:16384
18:22:42 SowWL Loaded
18:22:42 18:22:42
18:22:47 PR: (WARNING) Device Lost
18:23:20 PR: (WARNING) Device Reset
18:23:25 *** KS SowAiInf.dll Version: 1.35.12
18:23:26 PR: (WARNING) Device Lost
18:23:40 PR: (WARNING) Device Reset
18:23:47 Reading Key: SOFTWARE\NorbSoftDev\SOWWL
18:23:47 Mod: D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 136
18:23:47 Mod: D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps126
18:23:47 Mod: D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO\Mods\KSSpritesMod 107
18:23:47 Loading KS By Saber, Attack and Pursue (B-Corps)
18:23:47 Load your muskets...
18:23:47 18:23:47
18:23:47 Loading KS By Saber, Attack and Pursue (B-Corps)
18:23:47 Loading Map (Nap_Bel_Waterloo)
13:45:00 Loading Graphics
13:45:00 Loading Drills
13:45:00 Loading Experience Levels
13:45:00 SOWWL Mods folder D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Scourge of War Waterloo\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 136\Scenarios\KS By Saber, Attack and Pursue (B-Corps)
13:45:00 ERROR: Memory allocation error. Please lower your map & uniform settings.

Kenway

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:55 pm

Try this. Download this version of the AI dll: Modules
Unzip it and replace the file in the KS Nap Mod II 136/Modules folder with this new one.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenway Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:25 pm

Wow! This thing actually worked - I've still no idea what the problem was and what this file has done to fix it and am still perplexed since I highly doubt my friends had to use this thing.

But all is well that ends well, I guess - thank you so much for the help!!!

Kenway

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:50 pm

Glad to hear it works. If you play MP, you will all need the same version of that dll file. Just send it to your friends before playing.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next