Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

5 posters

Go down

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Empty Re: Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

Post  Martin Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 pm

We ran two games yesterday in the end.

The next game will be this coming Friday.   Time to be agreed, depending on doodle selections.

The doodle has been modified to include a possible 20.30 (UK time) start for future games.  To finalise the change I had to complete selections for the new slot on everyone's behalf.   To be on the safe side I put "No". If you have already completed the doodle, could you therefore please review your selections, and if you can make any of the new slots, please edit accordingly.

http://doodle.com/s8rtdns5ptd8sbwt

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Empty Re: Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

Post  Martin Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Next game is tomorrow (Friday)

We are aiming for two games – at 15.30 and 18.30 (UK time).

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 am

Here's a correction to the above.

There will now be just one game today (Friday), and it will be at 20.30 UK time.

We are hoping to run games both tomorrow and Sunday.  It would be helpful to have more names on the doodle to firm-up on times for those two days.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:54 pm

This weekend's MP games are as follows:

Saturday - at 20.00 (UK time)

Sunday - at 15.30 (UK time)

We are also hoping to run games on some or all of next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  See the doodle for possible times.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Friday's game was great fun. Mitra along with Suchet and Berthier took command of the Confederate corps, while Hays and myself each had a small corps of two division. The objective was to control the ground south of the W. Patterson farm.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Start10

The Union plan was for Niall's corps to advance from the west and threaten the objective, drawing the rebels towards him. My corps would cross the round tops, pivot and strike from the south.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Plan10

Thing went well for the north. We were rapidly reaching our initial positions unmolested.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Execut10

The rebels saw the approach of my corps and reacted to it. But overall, the federal juggernaut looked unstoppable.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Jugger10

The bulk of the rebel force aligned to defend against the southern Union corps. I thought Niall's corps would have a walk in the park. All of a sudden I receive a message from him saying Berthier's division was striking his left flank. That was very unsporting of them to ruin a perfect plan.  Evil or Very Mad 
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 Delay10

The battle turned into a long grind. I finally broke the rebel right flank, but Niall was still being bothered by that division on his left. When nightfall came, the rebels were still in control of the objective.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games - Page 2 End10

Excellent play by all involved.

Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Videos

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down