Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

5 posters

Go down

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Empty Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

Post  Martin Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:09 am

UPDATED 23RD DECEMBER

Our next confirmed game is on Friday 27th December.  Time to be decided, depending on doodle responses

All other dates starting with Saturday 28th December are still open however!  If we have the numbers, we will run a game, even on successive days.  So please use the following mega doodle to express preferences for the whole period up to and including the New year.

A number of new players and old hands have been in contact to say they would like to join us for MP games. Now's your chance  Very Happy 

http://doodle.com/s8rtdns5ptd8sbwt

All games will use HITS and couriers.

Martin (J)

Last edited by Martin on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Martin

Back to top Go down

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Empty Re: Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

Post  Martin Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 pm

A reminder that our next MP game is this Friday at 20.30 UK time.

We may also run games on Saturday and/or Sunday, so please use the doodle in the previous post if you're interested.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Empty Re: Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games

Post  Martin Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 pm

We appear to have enough players for games for the next 3 days - ie today, tomorrow and Sunday.

Today's game will definitely start at 20.30 (UK time).

Have emailed anyone who has already doodled, to agree times for the following 2 games.  But we can always fit more players in, so get doodling if you're interested.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:30 pm

I'll be there but be kind to me, Kevin. Just come off nights and am down on sleep Sleep .

Last week;

Grog- " So, Kevin. Which direction can we expect the enemy to come from?"

Uncle Billy- " ermm...hmmm...Generally, from the south"

Not a liar, but a nasty man, all the same Smile 
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Well Kevin's just asked me to do today's scenario. Whether your in safer hands must be questionable though, Mike.

We have enough for 2 teams, so I'm thinking Napoleonic. Any objections to that?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Design something that doesn't assume I'll be there. Don't know if I'm going to make it. Sorry.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 am

Well he did make it, and we had a tough 7 player ACW game.  

As dusk fell, Mitra's Reb corps had been prevented from securing their objective of Gettysburg, but were still holding out on high ground S of the town.  Uncle Billy's Bluebellies were now pressing hard from the south, but had suffered heavy losses themselves.

The Union had 4 divisions to the Confederate 3, but the Confederate infantry were overall of better quality.  Also one of the Union divisions was under independent AI corps command, and began the game far apart from the main body.  I was interested to see how this division would act.  In the event, it decided to move to join the main Union force.

We have decided to run our next game tomorrow (Sunday).  If you can make it, it's not too late to sign-up on the doodle.  Can I also ask anyone who has already registered to update their entry if necessary.  We appreciate that Xmas is approaching and arrangements have a tendency to change.  Also we have not yet agreed a time, so please also check what time(s) you can make.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:40 pm

We still have 4 signed up for Saturday at 2030BST. We can have games on both days.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:We still have 4 signed up for Saturday at 2030BST.  We can have games on both days.
Absolutely we should, if we can get the numbers.  

I can only speak for myself here, but I cannot play today.  I originally registered for all 3 days over the Friday-Sunday period.  That did not mean I could play all three, just that I could be available for a game on any one of the 3 days.  I was actually hoping for two games, which may or may not occur.  There may be others in the same position.

Now I know this is not an ideal system, and it would be good if we can think of a better one.

Ultimately it would probably be best if we end-up with a set day for each of the weekday and weekend games.  That would certainly provide complete clarity, but I'm not sure that any consensus has yet emerged on which days & times we should go for.  We are still building numbers after the long lay-off over the summer.  But we cannot expect that over Xmas/New Year anyway.

All suggestions welcome on how we can organise things better.  And yes, if there are sufficient ready to play, let's have as many games as possible!

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Martin wrote:
Uncle Billy wrote:We still have 4 signed up for Saturday at 2030BST.  We can have games on both days.
Absolutely we should, if we can get the numbers.  

I can only speak for myself here, but I cannot play today.  I originally registered for all 3 days over the Friday-Sunday period.  That did not mean I could play all three, just that I could be available for a game on any one of the 3 days.  I was actually hoping for two games, which may or may not occur.  There may be others in the same position.

Now I know this is not an ideal system, and it would be good if we can think of a better one.

Ultimately it would probably be best if we end-up with a set day for each of the weekday and weekend games.  That would certainly provide complete clarity, but I'm not sure that any consensus has yet emerged on which days & times we should go for.  We are still building numbers after the long lay-off over the summer.  But we cannot expect that over Xmas/New Year anyway.

All suggestions welcome on how we can organise things better.  And yes, if there are sufficient ready to play, let's have as many games as possible!

Martin (J)

I'm still not sure about Sunday evening, the 23 is still working day, I hoped in a peaceful working day with few people around but some turkish accountants of our subsidiary and the new billing system of turkish govt. worked against this. So the perspective is of a hard day. I shall prefer to go to sleep soon tomorrow.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Today's game

Can Uncle Billy or someone else who's intending to play suggest a time?  Then if sufficient turn-up in T/S, a game goes ahead.  Hope you get one, guys.  Wish I could be there too.

Tomorrow's game

Mitra's last post illustrates the problems with trying to arrange games on an ad-hoc basis.  Our Italian brigade prefers a 20.30 start, for quite understandable reasons.  I on the other hand can play at 15.30 but no later. At the moment, we think there are enough for a game at either time, but cannot say when it will be.  So anyone else thinking of signing-up for it, is not in a good position to negotiate with spouse, partner etc [a challenging process I have just experienced!].  It's no-one's fault, but it is no way to run a ballroom (weird English expression  Very Happy ).

Not sure what the solution is, but in 2014 I think we need to move to fixed days & times as soon as we can.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 pm

Well.... How about 2030 today and 1530 tomorrow as it sounds as if the Turks have spoiled things for Mitra on Sunday.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 pm

This evening I can, I'll be in TS for the 20:30

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Sounds good to me.  Have a good game tonight, and I'll see as many as possible of you at 15.30 (UK time) tomorrow.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:36 pm

We‘ve just completed a game, but there will now be another at 20.30 (UK time).

Uncle Billy (Kevin) will be there and is ready to play if at least one other player shows up on TeamSpeak  Smile .

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 pm

We ran two games yesterday in the end.

The next game will be this coming Friday.   Time to be agreed, depending on doodle selections.

The doodle has been modified to include a possible 20.30 (UK time) start for future games.  To finalise the change I had to complete selections for the new slot on everyone's behalf.   To be on the safe side I put "No". If you have already completed the doodle, could you therefore please review your selections, and if you can make any of the new slots, please edit accordingly.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Next game is tomorrow (Friday)

We are aiming for two games – at 15.30 and 18.30 (UK time).

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 am

Here's a correction to the above.

There will now be just one game today (Friday), and it will be at 20.30 UK time.

We are hoping to run games both tomorrow and Sunday.  It would be helpful to have more names on the doodle to firm-up on times for those two days.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:54 pm

This weekend's MP games are as follows:

Saturday - at 20.00 (UK time)

Sunday - at 15.30 (UK time)

We are also hoping to run games on some or all of next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  See the doodle for possible times.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Friday's game was great fun. Mitra along with Suchet and Berthier took command of the Confederate corps, while Hays and myself each had a small corps of two division. The objective was to control the ground south of the W. Patterson farm.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Start10

The Union plan was for Niall's corps to advance from the west and threaten the objective, drawing the rebels towards him. My corps would cross the round tops, pivot and strike from the south.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Plan10

Thing went well for the north. We were rapidly reaching our initial positions unmolested.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Execut10

The rebels saw the approach of my corps and reacted to it. But overall, the federal juggernaut looked unstoppable.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Jugger10

The bulk of the rebel force aligned to defend against the southern Union corps. I thought Niall's corps would have a walk in the park. All of a sudden I receive a message from him saying Berthier's division was striking his left flank. That was very unsporting of them to ruin a perfect plan.  Evil or Very Mad 
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games Delay10

The battle turned into a long grind. I finally broke the rebel right flank, but Niall was still being bothered by that division on his left. When nightfall came, the rebels were still in control of the objective.
Mega doodle for Xmas & New Year Scourge of War MP games End10

Excellent play by all involved.

Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Videos

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down