Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

General Price Goes Home. A Gettysburg scenario game

+9
Blaugrana
Baldwin1
Uncle Billy
J.B. Hood
WJPalmer
FlashmanKBE
kg_sspoom
Father General
Martin
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General Price Goes Home.  A Gettysburg scenario game - Page 2 Empty Re: General Price Goes Home. A Gettysburg scenario game

Post  Martin Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Well done Santa Baldwin. Righto chaps - we will make it a 21.00 start.

We will need to get underway promptly however, as a number of us Europeans are approaching our dotage and may otherwise struggle to stay awake so late. And Stefan is actually an hour ahead of us.

Thankfully we normally do start scenario games on time, as everyone knows their role etc. But I would ask teams to complete any discussion re plans before the day. I will shortly be sending out briefings, so you will have plenty of time.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

General Price Goes Home.  A Gettysburg scenario game - Page 2 Empty Re: General Price Goes Home. A Gettysburg scenario game

Post  Blaugrana Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

If we start later I get to watch Strictly Come Dancing before the battle. It's all good Very Happy

As one of those who is rarely up so late, can I echo Martin's plea for a prompt start? It would be good for as many people as possible to test they can join etc as we go on TS. Only new element is the flags mod. We all need to get it and it would be good to know where to put it in the list of enabled mods (if it matters).

Jeff

Last edited by Blaugrana on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm

If we start later I get to watch Strictly Come Dancing before the battle. It's all good
I suppose if one leads the Fighting Quakers this is appropriate viewing material. Smile
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
If we start later I get to watch Strictly Come Dancing before the battle. It's all good
I suppose if one leads the Fighting Quakers this is appropriate viewing material. Smile
Laughing

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm

Ok guys. I have email addresses for most of you, but not yet for kg little mac (Mark?), Ron and J B Hood. Please send me a private message with actual name & email.

Once I have those I can send out the briefing material and team details.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 pm

Martin, if we now have enough players so that some need only command brigades, that is my preferred command. Thanks.

Martin wrote:Well done Santa Baldwin. Righto chaps - we will make it a 21.00 start.
Did you check with Stefan? He's a 'not certain' at that time. Remember its 22:00 for him...
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Martin, if we now have enough players so that some need only command brigades, that is my preferred command. Thanks.

Martin wrote:Well done Santa Baldwin. Righto chaps - we will make it a 21.00 start.
Did you check with Stefan? He's a 'not certain' at that time. Remember its 22:00 for him...
That may be a bit of a stretch, as you are one of our most experienced players. But I *think* we can probably limit you to a brigade plus some guns.

Yours Santa

PS re Stefan - surely a 'yellow' result means 'if need be'.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Did you check with Stefan? He's a 'not certain' at that time. Remember its 22:00 for him...
Being a literal soul, I take 'IfNeedBe' to mean what it says. I will play, if need be. Fingers crossed that Stefan meant it in the same way.

Jeff

@Martin, great minds ...

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Maybe Father General DOES need to show if for no other reason to whip everyone into shape!

There is no "if need be" in his Book...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Father General wrote:There is no "if need be" in his Book...

1 Peter 1:6 (King James)

Perhaps I should lead the pre-battle sermon the next go around.
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Baldwin1 wrote:
Father General wrote:There is no "if need be" in his Book...

1 Peter 1:6 (King James)

Perhaps I should lead the pre-battle sermon the next go around.

Trial by fire... Excellent!
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  J.B. Hood Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 pm

As soon as I get permissions from the website after seven days I will get you my information Martin.
J.B. Hood
J.B. Hood

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am

J.B. Hood wrote:As soon as I get permissions from the website after seven days I will get you my information Martin.
Ah. I hadn't appreciated that might be a problem JB. I'll send a personal message with my email to each of kg, Ron and yourself. Hopefully you can recieve, even if you cannot send.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.B. Hood Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Martin.
J.B. Hood
J.B. Hood

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Sorry, I just found out I already have an appointment on the 15th. Crying or Very sad
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Have emailed briefings to the teams. Please let me know if you’ve signed-up for the game and haven’t received anything. I *think* I’ve managed to accommodate preferences...well more or less anyway. You have over a week to discuss plans, so we will aim for a prompt start next Saturday at 21.00 (UK time).

I don’t yet have JB’s email address, so I’m holding him back temporarily as a reserve in case someone has to drop out. Don’t worry JB, you will definitely get to play.

Although the major commands are all covered, we could certainly fit more players in as pure brigade commanders. That might be a help to some of those in charge of larger commands, so the recruiting office remains open!

My first choice is to host myself, as I now have a fast & stable connection. As mentioned elsewhere, I have been able to do this successfully for several folks, but a couple of others have not been able to get into the MP room when I’ve hosted. This may be due to the port-forwarding issue. Am going to try implementing that on my PC to see if it clears the problem. I would be grateful if someone savvy could meet-up on T/S sometime over the weekend to show me how. Any volunteers?

You will see from the previous post that Stefan has had to pull out of this game. He was my back-up host, so I’m looking for a replacement. Any volunteers?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm

I know Ron has a very good connection. I understand he hosts many big GCM games. Sorry Ron if I'm being rude volunteering you!

In the team in-game I am in we could use another player to command a brigade (not under my command but the other one).
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 pm

No problem. I'm happy to host if it solves a problem with some otherwise not being able to join.

-Ron
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Unfortunately, I definitely cannot make this one due to working nights (again Evil or Very Mad )

Have a good game, y'all. Very Happy
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Martin, I can try to help you set up port forwarding. What type of router do you have? Have you downloaded a port checker yet? I recommend this one. It's free. PFPortChecker
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Grog wrote:Unfortunately, I definitely cannot make this one due to working nights (again Evil or Very Mad )

Have a good game, y'all. Very Happy
There will be other times, Mike.

I should probably send a newsletter out to all forum members and see if we can't get one or two more players. At the moment we have all key positions covered and even have one reserve but, as Digby says, having some extra folks as pure brigadiers would take some of the workload off those with larger commands.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Now that we have a map from the western theater -- I wonder is it too late to use it for this upcoming scenario?
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Baldwin1 wrote:Now that we have a map from the western theater -- I wonder is it too late to use it for this upcoming scenario?
Already downloaded it and checked it out, but unfortunately it won't work for this scenario. Partly because it's only a 2.5m one, which is a bit limiting. Attractive map for all that, and I'm looking forward to having a go with it.

Nice idea though, Baldwin. It's set in the right general area - ie NW Arkansas. The forthcoming Pea Ridge might have been suitable, as it *may* cover a wider area. Don't know the details of that one yet though.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:Martin, I can try to help you set up port forwarding. What type of router do you have? Have you downloaded a port checker yet? I recommend this one. It's free. PFPortChecker
Many thanks Kevin. I'll download the software. Perhaps we could do it sometime tomorrow afternoon UK time (your morning) if that would suit, or ditto on Sunday?

I don't use wireless anymore, as I'm all cabled-up via powerline adaptors.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am

WJPalmer wrote:No problem. I'm happy to host if it solves a problem with some otherwise not being able to join.

-Ron
Many thanks Ron. Much appreciated.

Am going to try and sort things out with Uncle Billy's help later today.

But even if that appears to work, I would be very grateful if you could remain on standby, as you never know what might happen on the day. So I will probably send you the scenario files before the game anyway, just in case.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next