Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Future Gettysburg Scenario Games

+2
Cleburne
Martin
6 posters

Go down

Future Gettysburg Scenario Games Empty Future Gettysburg Scenario Games

Post  Martin Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:39 pm

We are now in the happy position of having several folks producing scenarios for us. Scenario-meister Stefan is presumably continuing to labour away on further ones, Baldwin is running one on 2nd Manassas this Sunday, and the Father General is also working on one, when transcendential meditation permits.

I have just completed another, set in the Trans Mississippi, which is ready to go as soon as there is a free slot. Happy to wait a while, as I don't want to cut across anyone else's plans.

Reason for this post is to find out what the appetite is, and perhaps make a start on agreeing some sort of schedule. How often should we aim to run scenario games, given the number of players they typically require, and the extra effort they require from the players in terms of reading briefings and pre-game planning?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Future Gettysburg Scenario Games Empty Re: Future Gettysburg Scenario Games

Post  Cleburne Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 pm

This is good news Very Happy .
For myself my time becomes much more readily available to me from October onwards and i would like to partake in as many of these as possible.
In that regard 2 or possibly even 3 engagements a week would suit my taste.I understand most wont have that flexibility but then again even some that wont might hasten to make things change so they can.
Cheers cheers for the work put into these gents(and/or gentlelasses flower ) and long may they continue to be developed. Cool
Cleburne
Cleburne

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 pm

More realistically we could probably do one set scenario per week given that player teams usually need to read and issue/digest orders and the scenario author needs solid commitments from people. Remember we also have only about 10-12 core players ATM and most scenarios need around 8-10 players so we need a high turn-out each time. Hopefully if the scripted scenario games become more popular our player base will grow.

Martin, why don't you set about 3 doodle date options for mid-September and we'll see how much interest you get.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 am

@Martin, right now it's just Leffe and Neal' Scenario (It uses an OOB I made and uses my 2nd Manassas Mod). I'm gonna change it to thel "62-63 Flags mod" just so it makes better sense haha. I was hoping we could play an Antietam MP scenario on the 15th or 16th of Sept. if NSD releases them as they say they will. If they don't release them, I may brew up something for us.
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:57 am

Baldwin, if you are on just now, can you get on TS?
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:07 am

UPDATE: I was able to work with Baldwin in getting the scenario prepared. Although i did not finish it myself, it is in a state where Baldwin can put the finishing touches on it. The end result is it should be good to go this weekend.

Have fun with it!

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:38 am

The more people are producing scenarios, the better Very Happy
The inclusion of mods in the scenarios works well and adds further possibilites.

From my side I would like to play a scenario about every 1 or 2 weeks. I like to have enough time for briefing & strategy writing by the CinC.
I don't think we need an administration to handle scenario dates. @Martin: Just propose some dates for your game in doodle and we'll see.
I aim to have 8-10 players in a scenario. More players have resulted in too much lag in the past.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Stefan's excellent "Trapped" scenario deserves a replay as well, perhaps with the forces shifted a small amount and with all cavalry changed to the type that can't charge mounted. Perhaps if the Rebs are given an extra brigade and their orders changed to a need to destroy BOTH Union columns...?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down