Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Best scenario for single-player

4 posters

Go down

Best scenario for single-player Empty Best scenario for single-player

Post  oho Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:30 pm

Hi all,
just bought SOWW and installed the KS - Mod. Great stuff!
I have some questions:
1. I'm looking for a good scenario for Single-player including the company-size scirmishers, on nice looking terrain with nice plantation/Scrubbery if possible on historic european maps where I can attack and the AI is mostly defending, so that the flaws of the AI are not too obvious and not too much cavalary because this looks a bit strange with these overlapping lines all the time.
2. is there a possibiliy to avoid the units changing formation all the time, because for example cav and inf are nearby?
3. are the waterloo scenarios working with this mod too?
4. are there people still working on this great mod?
Thanks a lot.

oho

Back to top Go down

Best scenario for single-player Empty Re: Best scenario for single-player

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:43 pm

First, welcome to the forum.
Yes, the mod is still being worked on. New maps are made, improvements and additions to the AI occur regularly. There will probably be a new update released sometime this month.
The simplest way to play scenarios that you prefer is to create them yourself. There is a Scenario Generator for the KS mod available for download. Here is the link: KS Scenario Generator 1.65
Otherwise, you'll just have to try out the scenarios that come with the mod and find the ones you like. They can all be played in SP mode, but some will be quite difficult if you are commanding from the saddle and using couriers to relay orders.

Units change formation when the AI feels it is appropriate to do so depending on the battlefield circumstances and the aggressiveness of the brigade commanders. Overlapping lines do occur, due to the game engine coding, but it is much less prevalent in the KS mod.

The stock scenarios that come installed with the game won't work with the KS mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Welcome! Uncle Billy has adequately answered most of your questions I think. My addition would be to suggest that a Sandbox battle might get you a very quick and dirty way to get into a battle. You have to check the OOB that it makes though as sometimes it's a bit weird. I'd say the scenario generator is probably your best bet if you've got a moment to set yourself up a scenario.

The other thing would be that if you don't want a battalion or regiment to change formation you can TC (Take Control or Tactical Control or Total Control or something) them. It's the little white flag on the top left of the formation panel. It will go green if they are "TC'd". This will prevent them from doing all but the most rudimentary things though so you will have to baby sit them a lot more than otherwise. In theory you could TC the brigade commander as well and that would stop the whole brigade from switching it's brigade formation, though obviously TCing a whole brigade requires a lot more attention than a single battalion and can be a lot more dangerous. In general, probably 95% of the time the AI tends to have things in an appropriate formation for its given situation. Sometimes they might even know something you don't know and help you out. I've had a brigade go into square a few times before I noticed the cavalry that was threatening them and I might not have noticed them until it was too late had the brigade not reacted.

Oh and maps that are named Random Map XX are almost certainly maps without buildings as they are a work in progress. Maps with names like Kellheim or any of the vanilla Waterloo or DLC maps will be fully complete with buildings and such.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  oho Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 am

Thank you very much!
I created a scenario but when I press create scenario button I get "cannot open supplytrain.csv" in the ModII 133\OOBs\ folder. I've chose OOB_SB_KS_NAP_Skirm_Austria_Summer_1809 and I see supplywagon in the OOB when I search supply, but no supplytrain.csv file in this folder. Can you help me?

oho

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:47 am

Hi oho,
Don't worry, you're almost there - you should be using OOBs from the folder within Scenario Generator subfolder that contains OOBs and maps, not from the MOD's subfolder. Actually you can copy OOBs from the MODs subfolder into the one under Scenario Generator. In short you need the supplytrain.csv file to be within the same folder that you've taken OOB from for the scenario.
I'm sure Uncle Billy will help if you still get that error message.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  oho Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:19 am

Found it out myself. Great stuff ;-) Will try the scenario and report back.

oho

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down