Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help

2 posters

Go down

New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help Empty New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help

Post  GeeDub Mon May 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Greetings to all.

As the title indicates, I'm new to SOW WL and KS Nap Mod. I've played the stock SOWWL Tutorial and now would like to do so with KS Nap Mod. However,  I just can't seem to get the stock scenarios to appear with KS Nap Mod activated. I followed the instructions here: Just installed the KS Mod and need some Single Player practice. Request help., activated the stock scenarios per these instructions, but they don't appear in the User Scenarios window. I tried locating the Stock Scenarios before and after the KS mods in the activation window, but this made no difference.

I also noted that the available Ligny, Quatre Bras & Wavre scenarios in the latest version of SOW WL Collectors Edition are available in the User Scenarios.

If it turns out this is not practical/possible, I would humbly request for links to any user created smaller corps/division/brigade or battalion level single player scenarios that I might use for practice. I am unsure when I would be ready and available for MP scenarios as I am disabled (have Multiple Myeloma) and take oral chemo daily, which drains my stamina/energy levels and level of concentration very quick each day. I am usually limited to about 4 hours of quality playing time each morning.

Any help/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
GeeDub
GeeDub

Back to top Go down

New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help Empty Re: New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help

Post  Uncle Billy Mon May 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Welcome to the forum.

If you followed the instructions in the 2nd post of that thread, did you also remember to select the Stock Scenarios mod, (has a check mark in the red square), in the Mods screen? The position of the mod, before or after the KS mod will make no difference. The stock scenario folders should show up in the User Scenarios screen.

Be aware that not all the KS changes will be available in these scenarios. The cavalry does not benefit from some of the changes, there will be no horse artillery regardless of the name of the battery, (there is only one stock game arty class), skirmishers will not deploy as they do in KS sandbox battles as there are no specific skirmish classes in the stock game.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help Empty Re: New to SOWWL & KS Nap Mod - Single Player Scenario(s) Help

Post  GeeDub Mon May 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Yes, the box was checked. Eureka, I found my error. I had renamed the Scenarios sub folder to Stock Scenarios. All is well now, since I renamed the sub folder back to Scenarios.

I am aware of potential issues with the stock scenarios with KS Napoleon Mod, but don't believe they will be much of a problem with how I intend to use the scenarios.  Primarily I want to get comfortable using the various commands with the KS Nap Mod GUI.  

Speaking of GUI, is there a guide or explanation of all available commands/icons?
GeeDub
GeeDub

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon May 28, 2018 6:14 pm

You can mouse over each button and a description will pop up. In the KS manual there is a graphic with some of the controls listed.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  GeeDub Mon May 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes, I use the tool tips info from hovering the mouse over the icons.  I've also noted the few details about commands/icons in the manual.  I was hoping there was a more detailed summary or guide containing more detailed description covering all available icons and respective commands within the gui.

Thanks.

Hats off in respect to all those who died in battle, or later due to wounds received therein, in recognition of Memorial Day.
GeeDub
GeeDub

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm

I'll try to add a bit more for the next update. Although if a person knows the game at all, he shouldn't have too much trouble deciphering their meaning. If there is something that is particularly opaque, just mention it here and someone will give a clearer definition.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  GeeDub Mon May 28, 2018 9:15 pm

Sounds good.

I guess I am just slow going through the commands and need to create a cheat sheet so I won't have to spend so much time looking through them all.

Thanks.

edited to add: I have just downloaded and will try the SOW Scenario Generator 1.49. Seems very straightforward to use. Looking forward to creating a few practice scenarios for KS Nap Mod use.
GeeDub
GeeDub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down