Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Morealive Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:54 pm

I have tried to mod the Spain_Valverde; the Location IDs were left on the original Valverde and it bothered me to pinpoint a Spanish Brigade to Bear Ridge instead of Camino de something, so I changed that on the *.csv; still no joy; I assume something has to be changed the *.lsl but again I might be wrong; I see there's a PowerRender in the game to read/edit, but the V I downloaded didnt help me on reading the codes, looks like the free V of PowerRender doesn't read this type of files.
I have only tested a few SPain or PT maps so far so I don't know if the game crashes with the non-country's at this point.

@Mr. Digby: Well for what it's worth, I managed to size the 2 Carlistas minimaps to the WL viewer, so if anyone plan to add them up I can always forward them since they are done. The original designer Crickey mentioned me he wasn't happy on the ratio with WL sprites vs map elements; I guess to use them the best would be to edit the units csv to change the size ratio, but who knows I'll try it later. I dont know which toolbar you refer to, the Grog's?
Morealive
Morealive

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 pm

No the WL toolbar. Kevin is rebuilding it from scratch I think. The vanilla one is pretty useless.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Lancier Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Updates so fast hard to follow the track ^^ 1.06 now it is i think. Thanks Billy.

Lancier

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyhigh Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi -
I installed the latest KS Napoleon mod just now but the Toolbar is missing things.

I can no longer put all subcommanders on TC (the 4 flag button). What am I doing wrong?

Skyhigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:43 pm

You are not doing anything wrong. That button is not on the KS toolbar. The mod is developed with HITS play in mind. TCing everything tends to lead to the destruction of your command fairly quickly. Try using the different stances on the orders menu to make your brigades behave as you'd like. TC only as a last resort.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyhigh Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:07 am

Ok thanks.

Now another question - if I click on the Package box as described above 3-4 times, it dissappears but SoWWL seems to freeze up at the Planting Shrubbery bit. I cant get that to work. All the mods are installed in the game.

Skyhigh

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 pm

Use only the maps that start with a country name or the Waterloo maps.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Volunteer Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Now it's time to make a few manual changes to the sowwl.ini file. It will be found in the My Documents\SowWL folder. Open it and scroll down until you find the section titled [Custom]
Find and change the value found for MPplyrradius to MPplyrradius=2
You can also change the value of plyrradius to plyrradius=2 This way you can practice commanding in single player at this camera height.
Now find the section titled [Initialization]
Add the following line: aicount=55
It doesn't matter where you put it in that section. This will make the AI a bit more clever.
Now save the changes you just made. You are finished and ready to play.

Do all players need to do this or just the host?
Volunteer
Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:14 am

The host can set the camera height. Currently, we are using 10 yd. because of the difficulty in seeing the movement arrow. aicount should be added to everyone's ini file. This will also affect SP.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  johnorei Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks for the work on this which I have just downloaded. I have major graphical problems when I launch the game with the mods enabled with large black boxes and low res features all over the map. Even as the battle is loading the usual information at the bottom of the screen that whizzes by is not visible (just a black box). Any ideas?

johnorei

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:28 pm

First, welcome to the forum.
You are probably running Win8 or 10.  You must set the game compatibility to Win7.  If you don't know how to do that, check the 1st post in this thread. SOWWL Compatibility
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty KS Mod Crash?

Post  cyrano Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:36 am

So this is one I've not seen posted.

I think I have everything in order...downloaded, saved, selected, &c,

When I launch the scenario (SP or MP, non-standard), it gets to the point where it's loading shrubbery...lots of shrubbery...and then it just crashes to desktop. No error message...no nothing.

Any thoughts you lot have would be welcome!

Jim

cyrano

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:51 am

You should just play with maps that start with a country name. Austria, France, Poland a and so on.

Moreover, there are some maps that are imported from the GB game and you need to add some .lsl files as a mod, in case you own GB.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:50 am

The stock Waterloo maps will work as well of course.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Thanks Billy

Post  johnorei Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:57 pm

That sorted my graphical issues thanks. I'm a bit confused now as to how to setup scenarios for play. If I load a regular scenario the graphical changes seem to be in place but none of the UI nor tactical changes. I would like to setup scenarios from the waterloo battle and indeed the entire battle itself. Do I have to do so manually or can I download scenario files?

Thanks

johnorei

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:47 pm

Very, very few mods will work with the scenarios, they are hardcoded.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  johnorei Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Are there directions as to how to setup scenarios? Anytime I launch a battle within the sandbox I end up with two long lines of forces facing each other and within seconds the game ends with either a major victory or defeat. All I really want to do is play the original battle with the tactical and graphical changes associated with this mod. Is this not possible?

johnorei

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi johnorei

For your sandbox games you have the setting 'line of sight' activated. Try one of the others. 'Hunt them down' setting is a good one. The stock Waterloo scenarios cannot be played with a mod.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Also check out the scenario generator posted here. Its not too difficult to use. It has a good instruction file included
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  gradkinz Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:32 am

I love this mod - but it crashes way to often. Be in the middle of a battle and bam - just crashes. I've had far larger battles in the vanilla game without issue as well.,

gradkinz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:01 am

What battles are you fighting? Sandbox mode? What maps, what OOBs. SP or MP? Can you post your SOWWL.log file here.

The mod is stable - we've tested it for literally months, and before that the GB version was tested for years.

The mod only works with our map versions and our OOBs. Don't use stock OOBs. The mod is a complete rebuild of the game in effect and the stock OOBs do not have the tweaks ours do.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  gradkinz Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 am

I was playing the Sandbox Campaign and got into a battle - about half way through it had a memory crash. I am playing with 1:4 sprite Ratio. The second time was when I was playing one of the maps in the map pack and when I click to open the 'map' the game crashes immediately.

gradkinz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:06 am

Was the campaign using one of our OOBs or one of the stock ones? It won't work with the stock OOBs in the same way that scenarios with the stock OOBs may not work. I have played the sandbox campaign numerous times as Russians, Austrians, 1806 Prussians and our version of the Anglo-Portuguese Peninsular army. I haven't had a CTD that I can recall.

Can you say exactly which map it was that gave the CTD. We can't investigate the problem until we know that. Giving us your sowwl.log right after the CTD would be very helpful too.

I would like to help but I need for info.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Is there more then one patch for Wl from Norb?

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:49 pm

No, just the one, 1.043. The link is in the first post of this thread.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next