Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update

+6
Miko77
Grog
Smoke Grenadiers
Khryses
Uncle Billy
Charmead
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update Empty Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update

Post  Charmead Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:35 am

The French (Miko commanding) are closing to within 30 miles of Kelheim, and the Russians (Khryses commanding) are on the defense. It is now 1030am 1 September, and both commanders have received initial results based on their opening moves. The operational phase continues ...
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update Empty Re: Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:44 am

Can the Russians survive? Well if Pat is again French and I am Russian it is a forgone conclusion. Needless to day, if I am French and Pat is Russian, the czar is toast. See a pattern, Patrice Dumpass?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update Empty Re: Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update

Post  Khryses Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 am

Everything is going according to plan.

Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update Tenor
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 pm

Indeed I try to ignore the pattern. Instead I focus on the little victories where possible (like the pleasure of seeing Kevin’s decimated battalions atop a hill) and ignore the larger trends (like the fact I was on the losing side at the end of the scenario) lol

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Pat&Kevin French-Russian Campaign Update Empty Call for Brigade Commanders

Post  Charmead Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:44 pm

Hello!

Got 90 minutes on a Tuesday or Friday or Sunday between 1400-1700 EST?

Our next campaign will only have a couple division commanders on each side, one of which will be controlling 2 divisions. Having real people as Brigade commanders can help. The nice thing about taking a brigade in HITS is if you drop early, it is okay. So it is not necessary for you to take the whole 3 hours if your schedule does not permit.

Evwn as a general rule it is always great to have Brigade commanders available. Just give a heads up on the “impromptu game” thread.

All are welcome to join!

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:06 am

Looks like the Army commanders have provided the necessary information for tactical operations and Kevin has pretty much completed the scenario

So if we have the full complement of players we should be able to play tomorrow.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke Grenadiers Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:01 am

May the man with the most ammo in his pouch and balls win.
Smoke Grenadiers
Smoke Grenadiers

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:00 pm

I should be able to make it 😀
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:06 pm

Just sent you a PM Grog. Send me an email
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:09 pm

I still have to make the position maps but should be able to have them ready today.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Maps are made and have been sent to the CinCs. Hopefully we will have a game at the usual time, 14:00 EST, 19:00 BST.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:54 pm

A clash of arms near Haschendorf!

A great, pitched battle!

Stay tuned for news of the Russian and French death spiral.
Charmead
Charmead

Khryses and risorgimento59 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:51 am

A weather front has moved in. Visibility has been reduced somewhat and a light rain blankets the region. The commanders have each been given an update

Both sides claim victory at Haschendorf.

Last edited by Charmead on Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add)
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:37 pm

I now received operational orders from both commanders and am processing them
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 am

Looks like we will have a battle :-)

It will be a morning scenario. Part of the time will be pre-dawn (dark) with extremely limited visibility. We are working the details now and soon Kevin will provide information to the commanders.

Looks like the sleepy town of Wehlau will have a rude awakening

We are thinking this coming Tuesday might be the best time with player availability. We can certainly use brigade commanders! Stay tuned!
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:58 am

I think to really role-play this sleepiness, Grog needs to have his 6 pints before the game starts Very Happy
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 pm

Ha! Maybe even start with a hangover :-)
I'm back at work now, so likely 4 pints, tops.
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Both commanders - Miko Napoleon and Justin de Tolly - have the scenario information.

It is 0500 hours 3 September and the ongoing rain for the past day or so has subsided. Two days earlier, the Russians forced marched their way West to intercept a French probe in the vicinity of Haschendorf. Both sides claimed victory. What story will this next battle tell?

Will it indeed be 4 pints for Grog?
Will Phil - using innovative marketing strategies - succeed in convincing local townspeople to “save your trees”?
Will Smoke remember to toggle the “windows 7 compatibility”?

Stay tuned
Charmead
Charmead

SolInvictus202 and risorgimento59 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:10 pm

Soap!
1980s reference
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm

Absolutely Grog. That was a great show pirat

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:16 pm

"Miko Napoleon"

I'm sure that should be Mikoleon?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:47 pm

We are definitely looking for additional commanders for when we play any scenario associated with the campaign. Each side has 3 divisions

For this next battle, Kevin and Grog will be Russian division commanders (Grog takes 2) with Ehey (2 div) and Phil on the French side. And I will take a brigade (Kevin and I switch positions each fight

Miko takes army command on French side. Should Justin be able to join he takes Russian army command

If we get another person willing to take a division then they will take a Russian Division and I will upgrade to a French division. Otherwise we stick with the planned arrangement

All other players will take brigade command. The first 2 will goto Russian side (to compensate for Grog having on field corps command while commanding 2 divisions) and then 3rd to French, 4th to Russian and so on.

Plenty of room for those who want to join. While there is an outside chance of playing it today, I think the earliest day the minimum players will be available is this coming Tuesday.

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:48 pm

I will be there Tuesday most definitely.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:01 am

Let’s just say it was an interesting battle. We started in the pre-dawn dark with visibility at 30 yards. And when the sun rose it stayed at 30 yards. Nothing like full daylight with a bunch of cuirassiers suddenly appearing within your lines. Vietnam about 150 years too early, and with smoothbores.

So we halted the scenario

The plan is … we will restart the scenario at the point where the sun was rising, about 30 minutes into the game, and units will be at their positions at that time in todays game. And go 3 hours from there. Hoping for Friday.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:31 am

It was ... a different experience. Somewhat dream-like but not in a good way.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next