Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Call for Commanders

5 posters

Go down

Call for Commanders Empty Call for Commanders

Post  Charmead Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:24 am

Although the next KS SoW campaign is still under construction (Kevin and I exchanging emails and files and thoughts) things are progressing well.

There will definitely be a series of days/turns each with an “operational” phase (corps movements on a campaign map) and a “tactical” phase (KS Sow scenario)

What I am looking for are volunteer commanders (Army/Corps level depending upon how many we get). You job would be to periodically (weekly) examine intelligence and other reports/indicators and provide commanders’ intent and orders (a la Kriegspiel style) to set the stage for the next turn and/or imminent battle. It is NOT necessary to physically play in the resultant KS SoW scenario. The most critical requirement is a willingness to have fun and enjoy a challenge.

It would be great to get ONE volunteer. I can always use an “AI” at the operational level in opposition. If I get more than one then I consider whether we expand into opposing sides or expand staffs.

I want to gauge interest. The response will determine the options and details of execution.

So. Any takers?
Charmead
Charmead

DumpTruck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Call for Commanders Empty Re: Call for Commanders

Post  Khryses Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:48 am

Well colour me intrigued!

I'm tragically a long way away from being able to show up at Little Gaddesden again, but I'd be very happy to participate at a higher level.

And who knows? Now the little grognards aren't endlessly waking me up at 2 and 3 in the morning, possibly I can get back into SoW in your British timezones again?

Consider my hat firmly thrown in for this.
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:58 am

Check out my post in "The Next Campaign" thread below. It has a draft copy of the map and a basic description in embedded links. The only thing missing is the sequence of play and a description of how things cycle between the Operational and Tactical phases.

Operational:
From the Army commanders perspective, I want to make it as easy as possible for you in terms of game "mechanics" and demands. We will need a minimum of 2 Army commanders for this thing; one French and one Russian. And we can always add up to 2 corps commanders to participate in this phase. I got some initial possible interest from Miko, Khryses and possibly R59.

Tactical:
We prefer 6 players, 3 per side, actually commanding divisions. And we can take any number of brigade commanders. As I noted earlier, those playing Army/Corps roles in the operational phase are more than welcome to get on a horde and ride around being important during the tactical scenario. We also welcome observers. It is possible, especially in the later stages, that we might have cases where 1 player is controlling more than one division (a risky but possible choice)

So ... strictly speaking for the operational phase ... who wants to sign up for Army command? Which army?
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 am

French please - we need to break this loosing streak.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:10 am

As things are still unpredictable with my father's health, I will not be volunteering for Army Command. I am happy to take a Division on either side. A Reserve Division would also be ok, should you need commanders for them. Looking forward to this and like the expansion of my suggestion of using an existing 10 mile map for Grand Tactical operations. Another six 10 mile maps would be an awsome next step.....Kevin? Wink
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:43 am

Another six 10 mile maps would be an awsome next step.....Kevin? Wink

Or simply one 30 mile map Smile
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:11 pm

Or simply one 30 mile map

Why stop at 30? 100 mile map! cheers

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:15 pm

We now have a French commander and varying requests for a Map of Unusual Size (MOUS)

Looking for Russian commander and, at this rate, a detailed KS SOW Map of Central Europe.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:12 pm

Going back to my general statement of interest I'm happy to take a Russian Army command even if timezones won't always allow me to participate on the battlefield.

We also have an operational-scale map of south-central Europe (Austria-Hungary for the most part) at 1:200 000 here: https://web.archive.org/web/20161204185658/http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:03 am

Excellent! I sent you a PM Khryses with my email address. Please send me a note

We now have the minimum to start a campaign! But we still have openings for corps commanders (and observers).
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:50 am

All

Please see my other post asking for Brigade Commanders

As for division commanders here are the campaign assignments

Division commanders:
Grog will be on Russian side. Ehey and Phil will be on French side. NOTE: Grog and Ehey will typically command 2 divisions at once.

Kevin and I will alternate division command on the Russian side, switching off each scenario. When one of us isnt commanding a Russian division we will command a French brigade. For this first engagement I will take 1 russian division and Kevin will take a French brigade. Next engagement we will switch.

Smoke Grenadier will always be a Russian brigade commander

Anyone else taking a brigade will fill in as needed. We could use you!
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down