Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28

+2
Father General
Calpurnius
6 posters

Go down

online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28 Empty online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28

Post  Calpurnius Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:25 pm

You are cordially invited to play in an online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28, 2020 from 9 AM to 6-7 PM, Pacific (1700 Zulu).
The event is presented by the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society. It will be played double blind, in General Julius von Verdy du Vernois fashion. We will use our own map and playsets for the game.
Players will need Tabletop Simulator, and our Gettysburg module from the Tabletop Simulator Workshop on Steam. In addition, players will need Discord and an email account for communications and message traffic. We will send a detailed list of items and links when the time is closer.
Players will be posted to either the “Red” or “Blue” table (Confederate or Union).
Aside from this, it is beneficial for players to have some understanding of Napoleonic warfare.
The game will not be a historical scenario. Rather, the scenario will be a meeting engagement in and around the vicinity of Gettysburg. What happens once your units are on the map is up to you!
We will keep track of how players perform and we will provide a post-battle critique and debrief as well as mention moments where players perform in outstanding fashion.
The Discord server will be set up over the next week, and specific details will be forthcoming.
We ask players RSVP for the game and do their best to commit to the duration, if possible. We understand the hour may become late for some on the Atlantic coast with a 9 PM EST anticipated end time. Everyone is welcome, including players from around the globe.
To reserve your spot and choose your side, please send an email to SoCalKrieg@gmail.com with your name and preferred side Union, Confederate, or Umpire. We will accept as assistants volunteers who have previous experience umpiring. We will also email updates as the time for the game grows closer. We will not send any kind of marketing, as this is a personal/organization email account.
You may also join our organization, the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society for more information and updates on future events.
We hope to see you on Gettysburg field, on November 28.
Good luck!
-Southern Califonria Kriegsspiel Society
Calpurnius
Calpurnius

Martin, King_Rufus and Iwein like this post

Back to top Go down

online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28 Empty Re: online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28

Post  Father General Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:57 pm

I might show up!

Wait... I HAVE to.

I hope some of you will play. I know the hour is a bit late for many of you across the pond, but it's been a longtime dream to play kriegsspiel with you and this appears to be our chance!

If this system works well, then I will be happy to write up a procedure and assist your group with running games using the system. Eventually, my dream is to actually play a kriegsspiel rather than to umpire one. I understand it's great fun.

Anyway, time for the game is 1500 GMT to Midnight.

socalkrieg@gmail.com to sign up. Mind the technical requirements in the post above!

Thanks.

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28 Empty Re: online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28

Post  Martin Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 pm

Very best wishes for this laudable project!

Have just signed-up, and I know several other UK Little Gaddesdenites have too.

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Thank you! This is a vision come true. I think we will have an amazing time, especially with the Army gents who will be playing and assisting.

See you in a week!
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Father General wrote:Thank you! This is a vision come true. I think we will have an amazing time, especially with the Army gents who will be playing and assisting.

See you in a week!

Neal,

This has just popped up on my feed and piqued my interest.

Excellent job with TTS and the Map and units, I hope you have a big staff helping you with the endeavour. I have just subscribed to the module and might make some use of it on some other projects. I have this year run a couple of PBEM Kriegs using TTS as the map and unit record and it is no easy task to set it all up....

Have fun on Saturday and it would be good to know how it goes and how you structure running the event with umpires and players (especially those that drop out if that happens?)

Getting Players on line for that length of time will be a great achievement in itself.

Hats off to you and your group...

MJ1

Father General likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Thank you! We had a great time. It was also a fantastic learning experience. I am already planning another game.

The next game may be staggered, so you UK folks can play at a reasonable hour, then be relieved by American players who can finish out the scenario.

Lots of positive changes coming. I also hope to help you fellows with your games on here too.

-Marshall
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:11 pm

This was a major achievement, involving over 20 people on both sides of the Atlantic. Just making it happen was a minor miracle.

Notwithstanding all that, most of the technology worked really well, and lots of lessons were learned on how to make an even better game next time.

I'm aware of 3 different groups now thinking of running another game on similar lines.

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iwein Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm

Yeah it was a great game Marshall. I was a bit concerned about the technical side but I have to say that it worked quite well.
So I am ready to join a new one. :-)

Thanks Martin for the tip.

General Mostinckx (Charge!)

Iwein

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:49 pm

February 13, 2021. I am tentatively planning another game for that day.

I'm having a hard time finding a good map that suits me.

I'll keep everyone posted.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:11 pm

Preferably a map, where a certain state can go up in flames. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Father General likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down