Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon

4 posters

Go down

April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon Empty April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon

Post  gunboat diplomat Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi all

Spring has arrived and after a little off line discussion the first game of the year will be at our usual location on 14th April.

It will be an army level game similar in scale to the games we played in the Spring of last year.

I hope everyone still has the date in their diaries and will be coming?

Please confirm attendance on the poll https://xoyondo.com/dp/l5op5i5uxgL3Hi3 so we can fine tune command roles etc​.

Just as a reminder our other games this year are on;

19th May
16th June
22nd September
20th October
24th November

So please ensure your diaries are free. Ill circulate polls re attendance shortly.

We will have an ACW game ready to go for May and there is a race to finalise either another ACW or Napoleonic game for June. There are some developing thoughts on Naval games which hopefully will be finalised so we can schedule them in.

It would be great to get some more options for games aired. As per my previous e mails a number of regular players are keen to help out in developing them if needed. Equally if you have an ACW or Napoleonic scenario in mind we have many of the aids ready to go which simplifies things immensely. Please contact via this thread if you fancy putting on a game or would value some of the team helping out.

Looking forward to another Kriegsspieling year!

Cheers

Steve

gunboat diplomat

Back to top Go down

April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon Empty Re: April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon

Post  Martin Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Our first game of 2019 is on Sunday 14th April.  This will be a large Napoleonic battle using the approach which worked so successfully last year.  We will need a couple of CinCs, but most players will be corps commanders.  It already looks like a healthy attendance, but we could certainly fit more in, as there are potentially roles for up to about 15.  If you are interested, please complete the poll here https://xoyondo.com/dp/l5op5i5uxgL3Hi3

The full line-up for our spring schedule is as follows:

* 14th April - large Napoleonic battle

* 19th May – ACW or Napoleonic & Club AGM

* 16th June - ACW or Napoleonic

At the moment our autumn game schedule is still open, although a number of games on more eclectic subjects are already being worked on.  But we are still looking for others to design & run games, as part of a team.  If you have an idea for a game and would like assistance in putting it on, we are happy to support you.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon Empty Re: April 2019 face to face game at Little Gaddesdon

Post  Tim Carne Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:15 pm

What is the start time for the 14th April?

Thanks

Tim Carne

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:58 am

I shall miss this. I couldn't make the operational level Nap game last year either Sad I hope you do more games set at this level in the future. Would they work set in the Seven Years' War with players commanding "columns"?

This time I am down in Kent defending Odessa from those pesky Romanians in August 1941.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:11 am

Tim - 11 am start.

Diggers - yes I think it should work for SYW, although I'm not well-versed in the period.  There may well be another of these, either in May or June.  Try and get along to it and you can judge how well the approach fits that period.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down