Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

I MADE IT!

4 posters

Go down

I MADE IT! Empty I MADE IT!

Post  gehrig38 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 am

Hey guys and gals (are there any lady gamers in here?)
Just got in after some hassles but wanted to say hello. I player professional baseball for 22 years and gaming on the road was how I passed my time. Been a hardcore wargamer since the 70's, started with Panzerblitz and 'graduated' to ASL.
I ended up purchasing ASL rights from Hasbro with MMP and we (they really) have been at it for 20 years or so.
Anyway, I LOVE this game. The KS mod turned what I thought was an outstanding game into a truly one of a kind experience.
I would love to join in on a game if any brigade commanders have been fired or KIA!!
Lots of questions but a hearty THANK YOU to DarkRob for energizing me even more.
gehrig38
gehrig38

http://www.38pitches.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

I MADE IT! Empty Re: I MADE IT!

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. We play regularly - Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays at 14:00 EST (USA east coast) and 19:00 GMT (London). We have a Discord channel set up and the details are in our SET UP thread. Would be good to see you any time.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:29 pm

It's great to see that you finally got in. Welcome to the forum.

Hey guys and gals (are there any lady gamers in here?)
No, but there are a few that play like girls. Embarassed I think my better half views me as a cross between a 12 year old and a mass murderer. I have to keep reminding her that it's been more than a year since I was 12. I doubt I am alone in wearing that mantle. The gentler sex just doesn't appreciate what we do. Sad

As Martin said, join us whenever you the time. Our battles are 3 hr. long, so with pre-planning, game lag, etc. you can probably count on 3 1/2 to a 4 hr. session. We almost always play on Wed., Fri. and Sun. as Martin said. The notice is always posted in the Impromptu Games thread the morning of.

A brigade command is a good starting formation. You'll get to experience just how dangerous this battlefield is while not being completely overwhelmed. I strongly recommend you read the mod manual so you'll have an idea of how this mod differs from the stock game and why certain decisions were made. I'd also recommend playing a couple of single player games in HITS mode. Being glued to the saddle is very disorienting at first.

Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Welcome!

As for me Started with Gettysburg 64 and Was also an SL then ASL player. Eventually I wound up with this lot. Luckily there is therapy available

Plenty of Brigade commanders die each week.  Lots of openings. The division commanders, well, I just cant get rid of them. A lot of them complain about having to “hold this” or “take that” or “please march in the general direction of the enemy” ... oh wait, thats just Kevin. You will also find Phil is at least 90 degrees off any direction he is given. Digby is the steady one but has a tendency to set up lawn chairs and eat lunch with his brigades at inopportune times.

Having said all that, KS HITS style is a challenging game with ( I will rarely be quoted on this so pretend you never read it)  a great group of players and (please dont repeat this to anyone especially Kevin) Kevin has done an incredible job with this system.

By the way I very much enjoyed watching you play during your career

Again, welcome!
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  gehrig38 Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 pm

I've played quite a bit. Started with SOW Gettysburg but I'm knee deep in Napoleanic this month (Seems ADD and ADHD with a touch of Aspergers makes you change monthly!) but I would love to partake. I've played HITS but not as much inside the KS mod as others. Love the thought of playing so let me know when there is an opening or do I need to sign upsomewhere?
DIscord how you chat?
Is there a certain channel?
Thanks again
Curt
gehrig38
gehrig38

Back to top Go down

Post  gehrig38 Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:08 am

Also, I am gehrig38 on Discord as well
gehrig38
gehrig38

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:20 am

You need to d/l Discord and join our server. Full details here.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:25 am

I didnt see you on the KS discord channel yet. Check out Digbys post anove pointing you to it.

You mentioned SOW GB. There is a group if giys who meet daily 515est and olay a slightly modifed version of it. These are player vs player games. And we will have upwards of 12.15,18 guys online all at once. Big battles. Fast paced. 90 minutes

In KS HITS we are entirely couriers. We use discord to plan and discuss before and after game but gameplay is by free text courier

GB is real time comms on discord. Different style but very fun. Great group also. Many longtime wargamers. I can point you there as well
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down