Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Impromptu Games

+16
von Moltke
Miko77
Maximilian (Punky)
risorgimento59
DumpTruck
Calpurnius
Leffe7
gehrig38
Mongo
Taff1943
scauispo
Mr. Digby
Martin
Grog
Charmead
Uncle Billy
20 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Impromptu Games - Page 27 Empty Re: Impromptu Games

Post  Charmead Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:09 pm

You also chose Kevin's division in which to operate.

And when I am CinC it is ALWAYS my policy to make sure Kevin goes to locations where I believe the enemy to be greatest in force and get there before the rest of the Corps arrives. I don't _always_ get that chance because Kevin designs many of the scenarios and to keep things fair during play he is in a brigade command more often than division. On Friday it was Digby's scenario so in that case it was 'Katie bar the door' allowing me to happily send Kevin's division to the one spot I expected the French to concentrate and simply give him orders to "hold to the last"

And of course during the game I sent 2 other divisions to that location, the result being a lot of blood and the river ultimately tinged with a red hue. But we got the objective, my family saved and the massive bloodletting in your brigade was just part of that equation. I'd like to say I am sorry about the many letters you have to write home as a result but, well, I'll just say I will provide extra paper for your writing (assuming Phil hasn't used it all in the new wooded latrines we set up).

With that -- a hearty welcome to our game sessions and hope you come back for more :-)
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:18 pm

I see no problem with Friday's battle. Russians are expected to die in droves. But I do admit, there were an awful lot of French guns trained on that hilltop. They didn't seem to miss very often either. On the bright side, serfs can't read, so you don't have to write any letters to the families. Very Happy
I can play today at the usual time, 14:00 EST, 19:00 GMT. Perhaps we can have a more localized battle today and not be required to capture the entire map like yesterday's fight?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:50 pm

...in that case it was 'Katie bar the door' allowing me to happily send Kevin's division to the one spot I expected the French to concentrate and simply give him orders to "hold to the last"

...and of course like any good leader, Kevin delegated the job to a lesser officer. Sad

Perhaps we can have a more localized battle today and not be required to capture the entire map like yesterday's fight?

Oh? Controlling all 25 sq miles of a map is too big a task for you? I am shocked! We have found a limitation, a chink in the armour (correct spelling).

= = = = = = = = = =

I only have my 4 vs 4 PvP scenario ATM so maybe someone else has one. I think Phil needs to command some supply wagons. Ones carrying port-a-loos. Can that be arranged?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:34 pm

Action packed for me yesterday as Brigade commander despite having to leave very early. The British came down the road and I set up a line to meet them on their flank. Starting shifting to square as the British cav quickly wound its way thru the line. Quicker than I anticipated. Sent a note to my division commander to the effect of “hey I am gonna need some help here.”

Sitting on my horse inside one of my squares watching the British cavalry bear down on us and blow it all to pieces. Rather chaotic. As my troops scattered I got killed and was resurrected about 2 miles south. So galloping back to the action while watching my brigade strength numbers roll down to 50% of original was rather debilitating.

At least when I got back I could work in tandem with our own cavalry with my 2 remaining battalions. Took out a couple squares and a battery. So my departure ended on a high note.

Thanks to Miko for providing a cav squadron to help my guys. Ehey earlier sent a cav brigade to me commanded by someone who apparently graduated last in cavalry school. Not Ehey’s fault that They were more interested in grazing along the creek bank than fighting. My Regrets to Digby for not being able to dine with his command and watch the bloodletting elsewhere on the field. Never saw Phil as there were no good trees in my sector. And Kevin? Who’s Kevin?
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Boohoohoo, such a sad story. Sad I imagine watching enemy cavalry annihilate your command is a breathtaking experience. At least you had the good grace to die with your ill commanded troops. Sadly I was not there to watch. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:51 pm

You would have enjoyed the scene to be sure.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

I can play today at the usual time, 14:00 EST, 19:00 GMT.
Sunday's game was a must win battle for the French and win they did. The bonus, of course, was the dissolution of Pat's brigade at the hands of the British cavalry. Such a pity. Hopefully today's game will present further opportunity along these lines.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:34 pm

We secured the Alagon abattoir or whatever that chimney-infested industrial plant was. That has to be a success. And the British facing me all decided they had booked berths home to Portsmouth from Corunna and left in unseemly haste, trampling many of their unfortunate comrades in the rush.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:54 pm

I am pretty sure I can be there today

I do have another scenario in hand where Kevin (did you SEE that entourage he rode with?) has opportunity to lead against the Russians. Rumor has it these Russian troops will actually fight (next time the Spanish will be tweaked a bit) But if there is a different scenario being offered from one of our esteemed KS colleagues that is great. I am happy to join at any level from brigade thru corps.

Happy Friday
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:02 pm

I think if you really want to test Kevin's metal he needs to command the Spanish.

I'm trying to create a scenario for him using the 1806 Prussians with all their legs cut off but that one's proving a little tricky.

EDIT: I have just created a very silly scenario which perhaps is more suited to New Years Eve. I can hang onto it or we can play it; I doubt it matters who commands as I see no possibility of victory.

Note: It involves those wacky Spaniards.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:29 pm

I'll be there.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:43 pm

I unfortunately have had a late change in plans that I must attend to. Good luck out there, we're all counting on you.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Friday's battle saw the player French victorious against a most devious Russian defence set up by Pat. While Pat did the honourable thing and attracted two divisions against him and assured his own destruction, he caused a gap to open in the enemy line through which three of our divisions poured. Yours truly secured the objective with less than five minutes until dark.

Well done to Grog for defending valiantly against a surprise flank attack.

Kevin and Phil have joined Miko in the 2020 Pac-Man awards for gobbling up enemy guns with roving cavalry units. We need to invite Andrew back, this is his forte.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:28 pm

There is nothing quite like watching 2 AI divisions coming at you from 2 directions. And then realize it was a result of the very script you wrote. Being in the exact spot you hoped an unwitting player would be with about 45 minutes left, after having broken thru the Russian woodline defense. These Russians were not quite like the timid Spanish from the last scenario. And the big division at the objective was supposed to stay there; instead it drove south and sought me out personally it seemed.

If it wasn’t for Digby flanking the one division that was flanking me I would have been annihilated. Instead I was just badly bludgeoned and exhausted while I watched Digby et al move on the the distant objective as darkness fell.

Alas I will not make it today.

Good luck gentlemen... and Kevin.

:-)
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:54 pm

If it wasn’t for Digby flanking the one division that was flanking me I would have been annihilated.
Needless to say, we will be having a word with Martin concerning this blunder.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Sunday's battle was a victory for the French. My own division was ordered to take a leisurely stroll through the countryside and what a beautiful day for a ride it was. When I finally arrived at the battlefield, things were dire. The two defending divisions were hanging on by a thread. It was only the timely intervention by my men that rescued them from certain destruction. cheers
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:50 pm

What a Guy!😃
Should be able to play today
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:52 am

Well, my division had been sitting behind a hill for an hour cuddling the objective and hardly bothered by thy enemy when you finally showed up but by then the battle was over. Me and Phil had done the heavy lifting, with Ehey arriving to help out after a few hours. As to you and Miko... no sign. What happened?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:37 am

I think on Friday, should I be CinC, I will make sure that Kevin is the FIRST to amaze the enemy with his superior tactical skills such that the remainder of the Corps could reasonably justify sitting atop a nearby hill and watch events transpire, dutifully taking notes on how it “should” be done. I would only send reinforcements if Kevin truly needed it.

And considering how good he is with but a single cavalry squadron I think I could reasonably wait until he has sustained 75 to 80 percent division casualties before I might broach the matter with the other division commanders and solicit their opinions as to whether his need for reinforcements was legitimate. I mean THAT is how good he is.

By the time a division would be formed up in position to support, Kevin would be down to his last 1 or 2 units which is still a lethal combination in the hands of a master.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yeah. Friday should be good
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:00 pm

Tuesday's slightly improbable battle had the Spanish army marching into France only to find the Russians waiting for them. scratch We Spaniards, being no fools, deployed along a ridge and awaited Ivan's pleasure. The result was wholly predictable. The clear superiority of the Spanish fighting man made all Russian attacks futile. The field was covered with their dead. This should serve as a warning to any other upstart army. The mighty Spanish legions are not to be trifled with. Cool
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:00 pm

I am a trifling kind of guy at times. Just saying.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Unfortunately I still have to work more today and will miss the game. Good luck gents!
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Friday's game came from the Pat Commands folder. Needless to say, without his genius for tactical maneuvering, we came up short. And again, one of the divisions showed the white feather and did its upmost to avoid combat. Such things never happen when Pat takes the reins. The whole sad affair is clearly his fault.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Thus proving that I will never be able to escape blame regardless of whether or not I was physically present. I will therefore be free to also take full credit for any victory regardless of my direct participation. :-)
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:42 pm

It turns out I won't be able to play today. "Have fun storming the castle, boys!"
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next