Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Sandbox battle. wandering troops

2 posters

Go down

Sandbox battle. wandering troops Empty Sandbox battle. wandering troops

Post  stephen Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi first I would like to say I'm very much enjoying the KS Mod, I am currently finding my way around it. I woud like to ask a question which has probably been discussed in many Threads, my apologies for asking again.

I very much like playing the Sand box battles. Army V Army. I usualy take the role of CinC. I am finding after a few minutes of play my Infantry just set off without any orders from me. I have tried issuing HOLD commands. I am using the Hits system set to custom in the main game options. I know in the vanilla game the tool bar has several buttons for taking command or not. I don't know if there is such a command on the KS Toolbar.

I would be grateful for a bit of advice, because I feel a bit of a spectator watching troops forming up and setting off for the enemy lines having never recieved orders from me. I don't know if it is a Bug or something I have missed/ should be doing. Any thanks for reading, despite this enjoying the Game.

stephen

Back to top Go down

Sandbox battle. wandering troops Empty Re: Sandbox battle. wandering troops

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:22 am

First, welcome to the forum. How close is the enemy? If he is in view of your troops and close by, then your sub-commanders may well indeed decide to move towards the enemy. If the enemy is not in view, then your troops should remain at their start locations.

If you give yourself a hold at all costs stance, it will be relayed to all your sub commanders instantly. That will make them stay in place, no matter what.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:37 am

The battles I'm playing are "line of sight". Unfortunately even "Hold at all costs" doesn't stop them moving, it is not every unit but a couple of Divisions which are not on the front line, also Gun batteries. I'm playing the Russian Army 1812. Although noticed on some of the User made scenarios the troops also move of there own account. "I think in the vanilla version no unit moves at the beginning". I have played very little time with the Stock version, so I'm not sure.

Thanks for trying to help.

stephen

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Gun batteries will move if they think they are in a bad spot with a poor line of site. If divisions overlap, they may very well move in an attempt to remedy the situation. The sandbox battle creator, although fast, in general does a poor job of initially placing the troops. That especially true if large numbers are involved.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks for the information. Probably thats what is happening. I may try and make up my own battle using the scenario generator. I do like playing the big battles hoping someone brings out a "Borodino or Leipzig map" It would be brilliant but a long fight.

Thanks again for the help. I have had this game for some time but have hardly played it, although clocked a few hours up playing this mod, waiting in antipation for new Maps and OOBs. Thanks to all you guys producing this fine mod.

stephen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down