Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery

3 posters

Go down

Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery Empty Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery

Post  Clausewitz Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Sincere greetings to all!

I've been wargaming a few years now and a couple months ago I discovered the K/spiel-rules.
Within my very limited wargame-group I always have to umpire and we've only played two games (because my colleagues found it too compicated and returned to their 'Warhammer' miniatures).
Now I'm eager to try this PBEM-thing, anything from Napoleonic to WWII. And if I'll get the hang of it I'm willing to try to umpire one myself upon this very forum.
I'm dying to umpire something about the Rif War 1920, a very interesting conflict (one of the first modern amph. landings, foreign legions, desert situations, ...) with enough room for creative wargaming. I'm known to put easter eggs in my games and with some of my players these become their only objective, but I always make sure they get them as a reward for good strategic decisionmaking.
Hope to be participating soon Smile

With kind regards,

R. Schollaert

Clausewitz

Back to top Go down

Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery Empty Re: Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery

Post  hammurabi70 Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Welcome. At the moment most games we know of are done face-to-face so which-part-of-what-country do you reside in? Smile

Check out the main website for UK monthly games near Hemel Hempstead. bounce
hammurabi70
hammurabi70

Back to top Go down

Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery Empty Re: Anxious to hear the thunder of artillery

Post  Clausewitz Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:42 pm

hammurabi70 wrote:Welcome. At the moment most games we know of are done face-to-face so which-part-of-what-country do you reside in? Smile

Check out the main website for UK monthly games near Hemel Hempstead. bounce

Well i'm on the other side of the water I'm afraid. Belgium, Flanders, you know where the poppies grow...:s

Clausewitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi Clausewitz

There is always a great desire for email games. The problem is usually the lack of a volunteer to run them!

If you're happy to have a go at organising one (eg on the Rif War), I think there's a good chance that some players will be keen to participate. We could probably also find someone to act as a sounding board for you on the design, if that would help.

Regards

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clausewitz Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Martin wrote:Hi Clausewitz

There is always a great desire for email games. The problem is usually the lack of a volunteer to run them!

If you're happy to have a go at organising one (eg on the Rif War), I think there's a good chance that some players will be keen to participate. We could probably also find someone to act as a sounding board for you on the design, if that would help.

Regards

Martin

Well it's just that I have little experience in this game and actually no experience in PBEM at all and I don't want to ruin it for anybody, you see.
Or maybe you can convince me for a try out. A very (very) small scenario, like for instance a raid on a line of blockhouses...
Can I look into some examples of a PBEM K/spiel?

Regards

P.s.: Have you seen this site? A truly amazing amount of info: http://www.napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/index.html

Clausewitz

Back to top Go down

Post  hammurabi70 Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Clausewitz wrote:
Well i'm on the other side of the water I'm afraid. Belgium, Flanders, you know where the poppies grow...:s

I know it; did four year there in Brussels & Ghent sunny , plus a bit in Aalst and Leuvan drunken . That detail adds a bit of complexity to think about scratch . Ever make any trips across the water such as going to SALUTE? Arrow

http://www.salute.co.uk/
hammurabi70
hammurabi70

Back to top Go down

Post  Clausewitz Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm

hammurabi70 wrote:
Clausewitz wrote:

I know it; did four year there in Brussels & Ghent sunny , plus a bit in Aalst and Leuvan drunken . That detail adds a bit of complexity to think about scratch . Ever make any trips across the water such as going to SALUTE? Arrow

http://www.salute.co.uk/

Aalst is my hometown Smile (it's Carnival again soon, hehe). I do make the occasional trip across the water, but never been to salute. (I could be coming to London around easter, but nothing sure yet) What have you been studying? I did history and archaeology, thesis on British trench at Ypres.

Clausewitz

Back to top Go down

Post  hammurabi70 Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 pm

I did Dutch in Ghent and an MBA in Utrecht. study

As we do not have any contacts in your area I think it is mainly going to work if you think of weekend trips to London co-ordinated with our events. SALUTE is the prime candidate for that but April is already fixed. Forward planning a must! cyclops
hammurabi70
hammurabi70

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Never knew that about you, Chris. International man of mystery.

We have a game on 27th February Clausewitz, which may be too early for you. After that next ones are Saturday 10th April - WW2 eastern front operational game and Sunday 2nd May - army-level game set in Europe 1761.

We are about 35 mins out of London by train, and could arrange pick-up from the station.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  hammurabi70 Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm

[quote="Clausewitz"]
hammurabi70 wrote:I do make the occasional trip across the water, but never been to salute.

Any plans for 2011?
hammurabi70
hammurabi70

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Not yet, but here's a reminder about our 21 November game. A new departure for us, it will be on the Vietnam War.....and feature city-fighting!

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down