Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Sat. Feb 8 Game

+2
Martin
Father General
6 posters

Go down

Sat. Feb 8 Game Empty Sat. Feb 8 Game

Post  Father General Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Hello Gentlemen and Gen. Georgia,

Next Saturday I'd like to see if we can finally run "The Devil in the Gaps" scenario. Kevin has the files needed to host and all of you have the briefings you need. We just need the players.

Martin, can you make it? You were the one wild card...

Are there any questions or do folks prefer to do something different for Saturday?

BTW, the scenario duration is only 2 hours--it is designed to be a bit smaller than most of our usual skirmishes.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Sat. Feb 8 Game Empty Re: Sat. Feb 8 Game

Post  Martin Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Hi Neil

Really sorry but have to confirm that I can't make Saturday.  Our eldest is back with us for his birthday, and we will be celebrating.  That's one engagement I really cannot break.

What I will do is send you the Father General's draft plan for the battle.  If you are able to run the scenario, whoever takes the role is welcome to use it or not.  If they do, they get the chance to blame me when it all goes horribly wrong  affraid .

Also, I've a feeling that Kevin is away on vacation, so you will need to host yourself, or send a further copy of the scenario to someone else such as Hays or Leffe.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:47 pm

I will be unable to make either Friday's or Saturday's games as my daughter is staying over for the weekend again.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:I will be unable to make either Friday's or Saturday's games as my daughter is staying over for the weekend again.
I'm in the same boat, Diggers.  Do you fancy an impromptu game today?  Does anyone else?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:06 am

Father General wrote:Hello Gentlemen and Gen. Georgia,

Next Saturday I'd like to see if we can finally run "The Devil in the Gaps" scenario. Kevin has the files needed to host and all of you have the briefings you need. We just need the players.

Martin, can you make it? You were the one wild card...

Are there any questions or do folks prefer to do something different for Saturday?

BTW, the scenario duration is only 2 hours--it is designed to be a bit smaller than most of our usual skirmishes.

-Neal

I'm available. Antietam MP seems to be OK now, after I had re-installed all of the software from scratch. Some of the other maps are still questionable though.

Richard

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm in. When we are too few for Neals scenario, I will setup a coop game.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 am

We played a very interesting and hard-fought battle yesterday.
Mitra commanded the Union side with Suchet and Berthier commanding 2 of his 3 divisions with about 17000 men. Niall commanded the Confederate Army of the Tennessee with about 15000 men, with me and Richard as his division commanders.
The battle was fought on the PPT map, confederates starting in the east, Union in the north and the objective was in the southwest corner.
Shortly into the game, enemy movements have been spotted in the west.
Richard was going directly to the target, while I was behind him in the centre, and Nialls division took a detour on the right/north and beginning the engagement there for this day. My orders were to support Richards right and attack Mitra. And this I tried, but Mitra galloped away. Pushing forward towards Spanglers wood I realized that I cut the Union army in two with many troops to my south and others in the north. I deployed my two infantry brigades near the woods where they pushed back enemy cavalry (in the woods ;-) . I sent my cavalry men north to harass Mitra there and still under AI command, I could see that they fought well, even capturing at least 1 gun. In the south the Union found very good ground including a stone wall where we were unable to break through for the next 2 hours. I deployed west of the wood and saw a wide movement by the remaining northern union troops trying to rejoin those in the south, in hot pursuit by Niall.
After reuniting, the Union put up a very strong position southwest of Spangler wood, attacked in a Banana shape by Richard from the east, myself from the north and Niall from the west.
For a long time it was back and fourth with attacks and counterattacks on all sides, but no clear breakthrough was possible.
After 3h we decided to make a final push in the centre and it was successfull in the end. Richard and me were able to take the stone wall and capture some guns and troops there.
At the end the Union still had some high grounds and would have been able to retreat in order (somewhat). Well fought!

It amazes me that after playing so many battles on that map you can still spot corners, where you have never been before ;-)
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm

I saw that Mitra posted a battle replay video on his blog, many thanks man!
http://warforgame.blogspot.it/2014/02/scourge-of-war-hits-battaglia-08022014.html
How can you watch the whole replay on the minimap? I think it always pauses for me when I open the minimap...

Btw, during the game, we intercepted some Confederate Couriers, but apparently they were written in Italian, and so they were only of minor use!  scratch  drunken 
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:53 pm

Stefan, if you see the replay with the C&M mod disable you can see the moving on the minimap, also if this work only for ACW game (with nap the replay crash).

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down