Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California

3 posters

Go down

Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California Empty Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California

Post  Calpurnius Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 am

I am planning a game using the Too Fat Lardies Metz Map and the 1824 rules for a Face to Face Game between the Xmas/New Years holiday and end of January. I have about 6 people coming provisionally. If you are in the area (Bakersfield, California) and would like to play a game feel free to post here. Once I have an idea of the numbers involved I will post the scenario and link you in to your teammates so you can discuss strategy and write up your initial orders before we start. Which should allow us to get the ball rolling fairly quickly. No prior experience is needed and all are welcome. Please indicate to me the best days available to you in the post below and whether you prefer to be a defender or attacker.

Thanks
Calpurnius
Calpurnius

Back to top Go down

Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California Empty Re: Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California

Post  Martin Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14 am

Great to see games being played in new places. Best of luck with it. If I was in California, I'd be there like a shot!

Martin ((J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California Empty Re: Kriegsspiel in Bakersfield, California

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:53 pm

Martin wrote:If I was in California, I'd be there like a shot!
Time to emigrate? Lots of homes in Barstow for sale, and very affordable too. Desert living at its finest. Only 80 miles from Bakersfield, that's a short drive by western standards.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Calpurnius Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Hahaha Barstow is most assuredly not living at its finest Uncle Billy. I am going to run a Kriegsspiel game at a couple of Southern California gaming conventions in 2014, most definately at Strategicon in Los Angeles, if any of the visitors here are attending, and I will post announcements here as I get confirmations. I am programming up a spreadsheet for the upcoming battle to organise the Order Of Battle which I got from the nafziger collection at http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/

I am using the spreadsheet to input formula from the TOO FAT LARDIES rule book to help resolve combat quickly and keep a running tally on the state of Killed, Wounded and Injured of regiments and their current morale, whether broken, reforming, fresh etc. I found this resource http://www.carnageandgloryii.com/ which is used by tabletop modellers to fight battles and this looks intresting in helping to run a campaigns battles and I might try this out in the next game I run to see how it compares with helping an umpire run a scenario.
Calpurnius
Calpurnius

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
Martin wrote:If I was in California, I'd be there like a shot!
Time to emigrate?  Lots of homes in Barstow for sale, and very affordable too.  Desert living at its finest.  Only 80 miles from Bakersfield, that's a short drive by western standards.
As you well know Uncle Billy, 80 miles for me might as well be on the moon.  Why, I'm only allowed out the front door to take out the garbage.  Who knows what perils lurk in the next street?

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down