Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games

3 posters

Go down

Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games Empty Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games

Post  Martin Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Our online games have fallen in abeyance since the summer, but we plan to restart them!

We are aiming to run a game on one evening each week (UK time), with a 19.30 start so our friends in continental Europe can play.  We also plan to run another game each weekend, so our American chums can join in more easily.  We are hoping to hold our first game later this week, and I have set-up doodles below, so folks can express a preference for day and weekend time.  All times are UK time.

(a) Weekday game.  Either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 19.30 http://doodle.com/szrvn9wiznfc773h#table

(b) Weekend game.  Either Saturday or Sunday, afternoon or evening http://doodle.com/mpfyyhhdb7t2kwvg#table

We are hoping to make both games regular events.  If we can get large numbers and 2 human teams that’s great.  But even if only a few can make it for a particular game, we will run it as coop vs the AI.  Once we are back with a regular schedule, that should hopefully attract more players, as they will know they are assured of a game.  

All games will use HITS and couriers.  The first 2 games will be ACW, but further ahead we will aim to have a mix of ACW and Napoleonic.

As well as signing-up on the doodles, please feel free to contribute suggestions on this thread as to how best we might run the games in future.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games Empty Re: Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games

Post  Martin Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:51 pm

At the moment Wednesday evening (UK time) is looking to be favourite for our first game.  Subject to any further doodle votes of course.  We will go firm in 24 hours.

I am happy to produce a small scenario (say 2 hours?), but if anyone else would like to do so instead, that would be good.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games Empty Re: Restarting regular MP Gettysburg:SOW games

Post  Grog Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 pm

This weekend is a possibility but not yet got my PC connected to my router following my house move. Need to lay my ethernet cable and do some drilling.
Won't commit yet but I'll let you know as soon as. .

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:49 pm

I have a scenario built and ready, I'm just waiting to get settled into my new home. We're moved in, but have to clean the old place and get this one more situated. I'm not sure if it will bleed into the weekend, so I can't commit yet. However, I will make an effort to get in. I've missed our games!

I'd like to do the scenario I have in the can in early December.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Great to have you back with us Neal.  Hope the Baby General is still doing well.  Ditto you Mike.

I don’t see any reason why Neal shouldn’t run his scenario in early December, and I look forward to playing in it.

If you both can make it for this weekend’s game that would be great, but real life has to come first.  So far we have 5 signed-up for each of the first 2 games, and I hope numbers will build once folks realise that regular games have restarted.

Wednesday seems to be most popular evening for our first weekday game, so let’s confirm that now.

I have put a smallish coop vs AI Trans Mississippi scenario together, so we can play that if no-one has something else they would like to run.  If we do, I would like to use some of the new Red River mod flags in it for extra flavour, but that would mean you all need to download the new mod from the Norbsoft forum here http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/60363-the-red-river-campaign-1864--a-john-bonin-production

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down