Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.)

+3
Uncle Billy
Martin
James Archer
7 posters

Go down

Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.) Empty Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.)

Post  James Archer Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm living in the "former American British colonies" and am looking to play SOW MP games with a nice group casual yet historical players.

Currently I'm living outside Chicago, IL but am originally from the southern United States (Alabama). Currently I own SOW: Gettysburg, Antietam, and Pipe Creek and have been playing against the AI for a few years, but have also played a few MP games so I"m not a newbie to MP games.

I'd love to find out how to meet up and play online with everyone.

Regards,
James Archer

James Archer

Back to top Go down

Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.) Empty Re: Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.)

Post  Martin Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi James

Welcome to the group.  You've come to the right place!

That's a good selection of maps.  There are also several free ones available for download from the NSD forum: Olustee, Valverde, Prairie Grove, Trevilian Station and Secessionville are historical maps. Big Whiskey and several produced by Garnier are hypothetical.

If you haven't played HITS and couriers before, give it a try in SP and see how you like it.  It takes a bit of getting used to, but at least all the other players will be in the same position Smile 

We use the following settings in the Options Screens (I suggest you start with a 10 yd camera distance though):

Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.) Screen12

Hopefully we can get you into a small game over the next few days.  I was going to suggest a game tomorrow evening UK time anyway, but I appreciate that may not be convenient for you.  Failing that, hopefully someone will run one this weekend.  

Probably a small game would be a good idea for your first one.  Our group has been playing a Napoleonic mod a lot recently, but it may be best to start you off with an ACW game.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.) Empty Re: Hello from the former British colonies (U.S.)

Post  James Archer Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the quick reply and the info. I'll try playing with HITS and Couriers during the week this week. I can only play online on the weekends anyway so that will give me some time to try HITS and Couriers before the weekend.

I'll try and connect with an MP game this weekend sometime.

thx, James Archer

James Archer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:50 am

Hi James and welcome.  Glad to see you found this place.

To get started, go to this thread:  Setup for KriegSpiel ACW Games
It will give you all the particulars that we use when playing.  The setup and mods are good for both SP as well as MP.  Although I won't be around this weekend, hopefully Martin will throw together a small game.  We often play co-op against the AI.  Even when there are 4 or 5 of us fighting the AI we do occasionally lose.  Playing from the saddle evens the odds tremendously.  Enjoy.

Kevin
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:34 am

Welcome to our cosy family James and I hope you can get online for an MP game with us very soon.

Of course we know the ACW interests you since you play SoW but would you be interested in playing the Napoleonic Mod? It's a whole new game, literally.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 pm

You guys still play?  Seems like forever since there was a big hits game.

Let's try to get a decent size game this weekend, either ACW or Nap.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:49 pm

We took a long break over summer. I'm trying to restart the Pen campaign but player availability is still low Sad
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:09 pm

I think quite a high proportion of the group do stuff with their kids and other family on summer evenings.  That certainly applies to me.  We have always found it to be an an issue for our face-to-face k/spiels too.  We have traditionally built a long summer break into the schedule because of it.

Now autumn is drawing in I am certainly hoping to get more games in, and also looking forward to the Spanish campaign resuming.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 pm

kg little mac wrote:You guys still play?  Seems like forever since there was a big hits game.

Let's try to get a decent size game this weekend, either ACW or Nap.
I haven't played in ages, I'm looking forward to out next "fighting season"!
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi James and welcome to the group.
You can also suggest desired game times in the "arranged games" section and then we can see if enough players will be attending. Most often games are starting at 1930 or 2030 UK time.
Kind regards Stefan
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down