Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Road March Harmful To Your Health

+5
Baldwin1
Blaugrana
Mr. Digby
Father General
Uncle Billy
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Road March Harmful To Your Health - Page 3 Empty Re: Road March Harmful To Your Health

Post  Martin Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Father General wrote:Some of the GCM players may like to come see this too. We should put up a post on NSD. Father General is familiar to those guys too!
Yes, if they are interested in HITS, it would be nice to have more of the GCM folks join us for games. Will you do that, Neal?

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Road March Harmful To Your Health - Page 3 Empty Re: Road March Harmful To Your Health

Post  Baldwin1 Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Yes I believe there's been a study by someone that once you get over 8 players the bandwidth goes downhill from there. So I don't think we need to clamor for 16 player games when it sometimes doubles the real-time length of games, plus our games send out many couriers so that might add to the lag further. So our 2 1/2 hour games would take nearly 5 hours with 16 players!

Playing two separate 8 player games would likely be better. With the different time schedules I'm sure that could work. But we haven't quite grown to that stage yet it seems 8-9 core players are who show up on the weekends.
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 pm

I think our biggest game that didn't crash was 9 players.

And - "Hey! Those Mississippians are my boys!" - Eldridge.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:39 pm

If the battle is on Sunday I'm happy to give up my 'slot' if there are more people than slots. The Paralympics are finishing and as I will have then been to five events live I could round off my summer of sport spectating with the closing ceremony on TV.

I'm also happy to participate, as I enjoyed last Saturday's preambles greatly.

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:46 pm

No backing out now Jeff, we need you!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:I think our biggest game that didn't crash was 9 players.

And - "Hey! Those Mississippians are my boys!" - Eldridge.

Actually Neal is related to Eldridge so I only thought it fair that he role play his ancestor, plus he signed up quicker. Don't worry you'll like your brigade. Very Happy
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Road March Harmful To Your Health - Page 3 Empty Light Brigade

Post  FlashmanKBE Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Sirs,

I am pleased to report that my Light Dragoons will be arriving in the vicinity of the recent actions by Sunday. Though small, I can assure you of my men's horsemanship and uncanny ability to seek and harass the enemy!

I eagerly await your orders, but must insist that I retain my cavalry command! I have been assigned the task of forming up a new "Light Brigade" by your government on account of my experiences during the Crimean war.

Your obedient servant

Capt. Harry Flashman
11th Light Dragoons
FlashmanKBE
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Just checking. Game is definitely on Sunday, yes?

If briefings are changed from previous, is there any chance we can have them tomorrow please, as I am out during the day on Sunday, and will struggle to write initial orders.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:36 pm

I see sspoom and Flashman have signed up. So sspoom gets his 4th bde back and Flashman has his dreams come true and gets a small cavalry contingent. The Father General may want to avoid any further unpleasantness and hand his sword, (shiny and valuable we hope), and wagons over now. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm

I don't think the overall situation has changed much at all, unless Baldwin made a tweak somewhere. Therefore, unless he pipes up shortly, I'd say go ahead with your briefings.

Ah, one tweak I am aware of: FEDERAL PLAYERS as you know, we like as much authenticity as possible. So in addition to using HITS and couriers in game, please also give yourself dysentery. It should make for a far more authentic gameplay experience. If it works well, we may let you keep it as a way to improve your experience. We will provide latrines for you at our Andersonville location.

-N-
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 am

Father General wrote:I don't think the overall situation has changed much at all, unless Baldwin made a tweak somewhere. Therefore, unless he pipes up shortly, I'd say go ahead with your briefings.
Ok. Is game still 2 hours or are we upping it a bit?

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah, those Bluebellies will need a head start. Give 'em another 30 minutes will make the hunt more amusing.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:23 am

Mr. Digby wrote:Yeah, those Bluebellies will need a head start. Give 'em another 30 minutes will make the hunt more amusing.

Ditto.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  kg_sspoom Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:23 pm

Just an F.Y.I im only available for a saturday game if the game is sunday I will be out of town.
kg_sspoom
kg_sspoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleburne Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Can we not give the Union Commander a couple of "xtra" corps?
Then we could leave it open ended and just continue until they run out of reserves.
That way we can make good use of the extra munitions the father General ordered up from Richmond this morning.
Laughing

Last edited by Cleburne on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Orders from above)
Cleburne
Cleburne

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:30 pm

If we get an extra guest the Cavalry spot is open. As it stands we are good to go with Flashman taking the 4th Union bde. May God grant us good weather and no 'hail storms'. Map positions will be on their way soon Generals.
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm

That way we can make good use of the extra munitions the father General ordered up from Richmond this morning.
That is excellent news. More wagons!
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
That is excellent news. More wagons!
More bibles!

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlashmanKBE Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Baldwin1 wrote:If we get an extra guest the Cavalry spot is open. As it stands we are good to go with Flashman taking the 4th Union bde. May God grant us good weather and no 'hail storms'. Map positions will be on their way soon Generals.

Fourth Brigade, eh? Splendid! Well, the 1st United States Light Brigade will have to wait. A full infantry brigade seems like rather a promotion in responsibilities from two companies of cavalry, and I assure you I will not let you down, Sir!

I am looking forward to this! When do things get started? What time do I need to be in TeamSpeak lobby?

Flashman
FlashmanKBE
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 pm

People join Teamspeak between 19:00 and 19:20, usually, for a 19:30 kick off.

Have you a working mic? You were using text chat in TS tonight.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Didn't someone say they couldn't join before 20.00 (UK time) today? In which case perhaps we should collect on T/S about 19.30 for team pre-game chat?

Hope all you rollinckin' Rebs have received the Father General's initial orders. If not please contact me offline.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Hope all you rollinckin' Rebs have received the Father General's initial orders.
I regret to say, I have not. If you would be so kind as to resend them via your fastest courier, I would be most obliged. My men recently 'found' a very nice tea service. Perhaps a trade...
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:54 pm

I wouldn't be so bold as to call them 'orders'. The sequence in which the army is to march a plan does not make...
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:I wouldn't be so bold as to call them 'orders'. The sequence in which the army is to march a plan does not make...
Very true. Unfortunately security precludes the plan being transmitted to those who are to carry it out. Regrettable, certainly Sad

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
Hope all you rollinckin' Rebs have received the Father General's initial orders.
I regret to say, I have not. If you would be so kind as to resend them via your fastest courier, I would be most obliged. My men recently 'found' a very nice tea service. Perhaps a trade...
It looks as if a deal may be on with Mr Digby, which he would see as very much to the Rebel advantage.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next