Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation

2 posters

Go down

KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation Empty KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation

Post  HeinzFiction Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:18 pm

I couldnt wait and bought SoW WL Rolling Eyes

And i downloaded the KS Mod aswell, respectivly the three files and put them into the mod folder. but the game crashes when i select a formation for my troops. i made sure not to have any other mods active. i found a thread here with a similar problem

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t2270-sowwl-ks-crashing

however i have no "folder inside folder"-problem. what could cause the crash, any ideas? Is the Mod prioritization important?

edit: i guess it was my fault after all. i tried to play the original scenarios, which wont work. custom scenarios work well, for the most part. However some scenarios crash because of "memory allocation error"

HeinzFiction

Back to top Go down

KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation Empty Re: KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:17 pm

What scenario were you trying to play? If it was one of the historic, scripted scenarios that comes with the game, it may well not work with the KS Mod. The KS mod has made some very significant changes to the OOBs and, formations. Reports by other people who have tried to play them are mixed. They report that some of those scenarios work and others don't.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation Empty Re: KS Mod - crash when selecting a formation

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:31 pm

However some scenarios crash because of "memory allocation error"
Which ones?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeinzFiction Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:50 am

Which ones?

I didnt test all of the scenarios, in fact i only tried the austrians so far. two scenarios crash on start up

Austrian1 - memory allocation error
Austrian4 - actually it has a different error, simply "level not found"

dont know if all other nations work properly

HeinzFiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:11 pm

Austrian 1 has a problem in the Maplocations.csv file. Line 2 is blank. If you remove that line, it will work.

Austrian 4 uses a map from the Gettysburg game Chancellorsville DLC. That's mentioned in the synopsis of the battle when you selected it. If you don't have that game, you won't be able to play that scenario. The next version of the mod will have a 'Europeanized' version of that map included.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  HeinzFiction Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:21 pm

Ah, thanks.

one last thing ... my units dont want to attack enemys in range sometimes (not always). i can force them with combat orders to do so, but they should do it automatically, right?

HeinzFiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:59 pm

There could be any number of reasons for this.

See the enemy, attack the enemy is a hallmark of the stock SOW games. The AI would do so without regard to the probability of success. The KS mod is very different. It takes into account a variety of factors. Some of these are how disorganized are the units, the aggressiveness and competence of the officers in charge, their stance, terrain the attacker and defender occupy and others. In the KS Napoleon Mod there is a folder named Manuals. In there you will find a pdf file that describes the mod. It contains a lot of information on what the mod does and how to fight battles.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down