Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

KS MOD Performance

3 posters

Go down

KS MOD Performance Empty KS MOD Performance

Post  Pousse Cailloux Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:35 pm

Good evening. I hope not to take the wrong salon. And I'm sorry if the question has already been asked, I did my research but I may not have seen the posts.

With a group of friends we play all evenings and we all have decent PCs that allow us to play recent games with the highest options.

But in Scourge of War waterloo with the KS mod, we don't exceed 10 fps, We tried different things, but we couldn't improve the performance.

Esodyx, told me that since the last version of the mod, the performance is less good. But I can not confirm it I barely discover the mod.

Thank you in advance to you.
I wish you a good evening.
Pousse Cailloux
Pousse Cailloux

Back to top Go down

KS MOD Performance Empty Re: KS MOD Performance

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:49 pm

That sounds slow. In most MP games we play the fps is 15-25fps. The biggest impact on fps is the maps. The graphics engine for this game is not optimized at all. There are some map objects that have a very large impact, such as the Russian fences slow the game to 8-10 fps if a player has them on his screen. Their distance from the viewer has no impact. If they are in view, they slow down the graphics engine.

The AI code runs very fast and uses just a small percentage of the CPU, 2-3%. You will find that the game runs slightly faster in MP as only 1 CPU core is used. SP attempts to use multiple cores but was implemented very poorly.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pousse Cailloux Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Thank you for your reply. It's really annoying that the devs don't develop the game anymore, at least on optimization and performance, because it's still really low 10FPS.

So if I understand you correctly, there is no solution to try to improve or gain some FPS?

Thank you again in advance
Pousse Cailloux
Pousse Cailloux

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:08 am

So if I understand you correctly, there is no solution to try to improve or gain some FPS?

Well I reckon you could try to fiddle with the view/render distance settings, but that will still only help in the case the performance-tanking objects aren't in view.

You could also try writing a letter to the developer asking him to let Kevin have access to the base code of the game.  He is the chosen one who can drag SOW out of DirectX 3 and into the era of contemporary API, or so the prophecies say.  But then again I'm not sure bothering the developer would be the best way to get what we want here.

I can empathize with your feelings though.  For as dated as the game appears visually I think it could really hold up pretty well if it just had a better frame rate.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Pousse Cailloux Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 am

Thank you for your answer, yes I agree. For me the only thing missing from the game is just Optimization.

Lowering the Graphics does not change much.

Contact the Developer, I thought about it.

Not easy, even annoying not being able to do anything to improve performance.
Pousse Cailloux
Pousse Cailloux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum