Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod

2 posters

Go down

Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod Empty Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod

Post  oho Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:44 pm

just had a very immersive time with your mod on the great Mittelberg map, with 3 vs. 3 Divisions, Austrians definding one objective using the scenario editor. AI is far better than Stock AI and the spacing is really better.
Cav is pretty agressive (even attacking Napoleon when he was too close to the frontline) and AI really gave me a good fight, although I helicoptered over the battlefield.
Only drawback was one time, when my line battalion permanently changed between 2 targets and swung back and forth without interuption and without firing a single shot. Maybe you can program a stop of movement in such a situation.

oho

Back to top Go down

Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod Empty Re: Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod

Post  DumpTruck Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:59 pm

The immersion is what drew me to the mod as well. Once you're comfortable with the controls it's worth giving commanding in the saddle a go. And if you like it we'd be happy to have you in one of our multiplayer games that we do on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.

If you've got a battalion that's acting a bit odd you could try TCing it (white flag in top left of formations panel, turns green when control is taken) and putting it where you want it. Once it starts firing you could potentially un-TC it and see if it stays still. Usually once a unit is planted and shooting it will remain so unless it is flanked or cavalry comes near it. Or alternatives perhaps giving it a short withdraw order to get it to disengage and then re-engage it would reset whatever behavior makes it do that.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod Empty Re: Just want to say Thank you for this incredible mod

Post  oho Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:42 am

I will try to come to your Impromtu game next sunday, rehearse with HITS before on brigade and division level. I've owned SOW Gettysburgh some years ago and tried HITS  then. 19:00 GMT or 20:00 European Time is a good time for me. Will there be some game on tuesday too so I can try my setup?
(I'm from Germany near Düsseldorf and next to my home there was a "Napoleon Schanze" near the Rhine, next to a rebuilt watchtower of the Roman Limes)

oho

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:09 am

There will very very likely be a game Tuesday. I'm sure we could set aside a few minutes to make sure there's no problems with the set ups. There is frequently a file or two to download every week to update to the newest 'test' branch that Uncle Billy has for us, or a newly finished map or something. We meet on the Discord in a voice channel.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum