Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

War of Spanish Succession

3 posters

Go down

War of Spanish Succession Empty War of Spanish Succession

Post  remus Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:28 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering if there is any interest in the WSS. I have the Ageod board game of the WSS and have used it to extract the OOBs when a battle is to be fought and play it out in the Scourge of War environment. I have almost finished the third OOB and will be moving on to do the same with the Great Northern War which is also featured in the Ageod game. It provides an enormous potential for playability considering it starts at 1701 to 1714.

Remus

remus

King_Rufus likes this post

Back to top Go down

War of Spanish Succession Empty Re: War of Spanish Succession

Post  rschilla Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Sounds like a great concept. How will you get the maps?

I have lots of great ideas for battles but the maps always stop me dead in my tracks. I'm completely useless when it comes to graphics stuff.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  remus Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 am

Hi rschilla.
It is not intended to be a  100%.                                                                          
historically accurate account but more in line with how the KS mod operates with the Napoleonic mod. The units and the uniforms are similar to what might have been in the WSS and the KS mod has maps that can be used for games. So it just needs some tweaking to make it conform to 1700 + standards. I am already test playing in the Gettysburg version with no major issues. I have also test played a version of the battle of Blenheim and it works well. I can post some pictures later if there is enough interest.
Thanks for your interest.

Remus

Last edited by remus on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

remus

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:17 am

I think the designers here would agree that while Gettysburg is a fine game the American CW lacked the tactical nuances ( particularly cavalry-related) of European warfare.

But any expansion of the concept is good.  I was always hoping that Norbsoft would go back to Napoleon's early Italian campaign and up to Austerlitz, but, sadly, it seems they have given up the ghost.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi Remus

I may have some good news for a fellow WSS fan.  A few of us have been working on-and-off for a couple of years on a major update for Alessilio's old Blenheim Mod.  If you like our approach, this may save you a lot of time.  Essentially, we each contribute in our own way, as follows:

Sprites & flags - Pom
Maps - Crikey
Historical research - Martin

We have maps, sprites and scenarios for some of the major battles:  Luzzara 1702, Schellenburg 1704, Blenheim 1704 and Ramillies 1706.  Current project is Almansa 1707.  Progress would be more speedy but we periodically get side-tracked by ennui, real-life and other SOW modding projects Shocked

We are all very happy to share what we have.  I've a feeling you and I have corresponded before, but I'm not sure I have your current email address.  Pop me a PM with it, if you are interested.

Like you we have thought about tackling the Great Northern War at some point.

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down