Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Sprites+OOB+MAPS

4 posters

Go down

Sprites+OOB+MAPS Empty Sprites+OOB+MAPS

Post  mrfox1918 Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well!
Had a question, is there a way to get the sprites, OOBs and maps from the KS mod without all the AI changes? I miss having line battles like they were in the original game but I love all the new units OOBs and maps. Every sandbox game I play with KS just seems to be 60% of the armies having their units in skirmish formation as well as decent veteran units with almost full moral (<90%) and almost full organization also (<90%) marching up to their position just to withdraw back in disorder this happens a lot. Its just frustrating. And I am not talking about marching into a whole core with a brigade kinda thing where it would make sense that they would immediately run this happens just all the time, even with the advanced when engaged or TC enabled.

mrfox1918

Back to top Go down

Sprites+OOB+MAPS Empty Re: Sprites+OOB+MAPS

Post  Miko77 Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:56 am

Hi mrfox1918,
It's not possible at least in a simple way...
You'd have to make a separate mod remaking OOBs and adding maps (I guess the latter wouldn't be that hard but I might be wrong).

Simple solution if you want to see all troops fighting in line is go to OOB that you use for the battle or simply in your mod(then affecting all your play) and zero the last column.
it describes unit capability to detach skirmishers or form full battalion in skirmish formation. Zero means neither would be possible.

Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:33 pm

If you are seeing 60% of the units in skirmish formation, then you must be using an OOB with an error that allows that. It's not A KS OOB. If you mean 60% of the btns. are throwing out skirmishers, that might be possible. These are company sized skirmish units. The French typically deployed clouds of skirmishers so in this case what you are seeing would be historically accurate. They don't do a great deal of damage, they mostly harass and slow down an advancing enemy.

Every sandbox game I play with KS just seems to be 60% of the armies having their units in skirmish formation as well as decent veteran units with almost full moral (<90%) and almost full organization also (<90%) marching up to their position just to withdraw back in disorder this happens a lot. Its just frustrating.
That's happening because either the unit is trying to deploy in a space that is already partially occupied by another friendly unit or it is deploying on a spot where an enemy unit is on its flank.

You cannot just use the sprites and maps with the stock AI. The game will crash. You would have to modify a number of logistic files to make it compatible. You'd also have to modify the OOBs as some of the values in them are also not compatible.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:30 am

I remember a recent thread about someone having weird AI issues in single player. It came down to having the DLCs enabled or something? You could try just renaming the DLC folders to have an 'x' in front of them. Possibly relevant here but not entirely sure, if Uncle Billy thinks it's the OOB then that's probably your issue.

You can still have some good line battles with the mod. I find using the brigade on the Defend stance will result in line battles happening more often than the other stances. You can still use this stance 'offensively' the brigade will just only engage things at a shorter distance. Anything above the neutral 'No Stance' will still sometimes result in battalions using lines but they'll also take opportunities to charge so there will be less line battling, and they will aggressively pursue enemies that are further away, leaving their position.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down