Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

How do I restore the objective timer?

3 posters

Go down

How do I restore the objective timer? Empty How do I restore the objective timer?

Post  parmenio Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm

I'm guessing it's something in toolbar.layout?

parmenio

Back to top Go down

How do I restore the objective timer? Empty Re: How do I restore the objective timer?

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:16 pm

I don't believe the objective timer code is in the KS toolbar. Since we don't use objectives for accumulating points in our games, showing a timer wasn't necessary. You'd have to add code to the layout to have one. You could copy and maybe modify the language in the stock toolbar or even the Grog toolbar and put it in the KS toolbar.

One of the more unrealistic parts of the stock scenarios was the way they utilized objectives. No battle was ever fought where spending a certain amount of time on a certain spot was necessary for victory or defeat. If you really want to modify the stock scenarios so they not only work with the KS mod but also reflect it's overall philosophy, then changing this feature would be an important improvement.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

How do I restore the objective timer? Empty Re: How do I restore the objective timer?

Post  parmenio Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm

It turns out it is in the toolbar layout file - right at the top:

Code:
<Widget type="EditBox" skin="WordWrapEmpty" position_real="0.395508 0.147651 0.117188 0.14094" name="eTime">
 <Property key="FontName" value="Default"/>
 <Property key="WordWrap" value="true"/>
 <Property key="Static" value="true"/>
 <Property key="ReadOnly" value="true"/>
 <Property key="VisibleHScroll" value="false"/>
 <Property key="VisibleVScroll" value="false"/>
 <Property key="MultiLine" value="true"/>
 <Property key="TextAlign" value="Center"/>
 <Property key="TextColour" value="0.871345 0.208919 0.208919"/>
 <Property key="FontName" value="JacquesFrancois_12"/>
 <UserString key="NSDDrawCond" value="#rank < 5"/>
 <UserString key="NSDUpdate" value="1"/>
 <UserString key="OnEdit" value="$objtimer"/>
 <UserString key="NSDBarVal" value="Friend"/>
 </Widget>

parmenio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Does it show up at the appropriate times?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  parmenio Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Not with the MyGui widget that was in there originally. I've since commented that one out and copied the one from the Grog toolbar (with some amendments). I'm attempting to show it at the top of the screen but.....

.... it turns out you have to a bit careful with the order in which things are declared in a layout file as I managed to end up with no mouse-clicks being operational on any UI elements at all Shocked

I fixed that just before leaving for work this AM but currently, the "X" buttons don't work on two map displays so I need to constrain to the top right of the screen - the control's parent window was covering the entire width so was probably blocking access to the "X" buttons.

I'm thoroughly unimpressed with the available documentation on MyGUI - some google translated documents in the SDK.
Seems you have to suck it and see. Crying or Very sad

parmenio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:11 pm

The use of MyGui was probably the very worst decision NSD made for this game. The system used in SOWGB was far, far superior.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  parmenio Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:03 am

You're not wrong. One of the things that annoys me is the inability to interact with the Command Map for Courier purposes... as well as the fact that it still hasn't been fixed.

Can it be that hard? As far as I'm aware, the entire source for MyGui is on Github. If the vanilla version won't do it for you, change it.

parmenio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm

It's not the display of the command map that's a problem. The code to recognize that a spot on the map was clicked and those coordinates need to be transferred to the courier system apparently doesn't exist in the game engine anymore.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:16 am

Oh? So SOW-GB had that facility but not Waterloo?

Is it possible to chat with one of Norb's people and see if that code could be acquired from the GB game?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm

It's part of the game engine code. When I approached him last, he said he wasn't ready to release the code. I suppose I could ask again, but I'm not optimistic in receiving a different answer.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down