Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

5 posters

Go down

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden Empty A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Post  Father General Sun May 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Dear friends,

It is with pride and affection that I would like to present the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden with a gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society.

This year we are using a custom map for our games. It is a map I created from an original, period source, with help from a friend.

The map is of the battlefield of Gettysburg. The original map dates back to the decade or so after the Civil War. I cleaned the map, enlarged it to about 50" x 52" with a 1:12,000 scale. That's about right for Civil War Kriegsspiel. I then had the map painstakingly colorized.

The colors may not be historically accurate, but the job was such a pain that I am grateful to have it colorized at all. Having played on the map for many hours, you will enjoy it regardless.

I have sent the download link to Martin J. The file is 2GB in size, and will result in a large, attractive map. I hope you will find it to be a pleasant addition to your library of maps and that you will enjoy playing on it as much as we have.

Thank you for your community. Thanks to your website, and your friendly, helpful spirit, Kriegsspiel is becoming popular in Southern California.

Best wishes for many great times to come!

-Neal/Father General

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden Empty Re: A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Post  Father General Sun May 13, 2018 5:17 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/18/08/80/gettys11.jpg
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden Empty Re: A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Post  Martin Mon May 14, 2018 11:51 am

Many thanks FG. This looks to be a splendid map.

At full size I understand it's about 50" x 52", and would work well for a k/spiel with brigades as manoeuvre elements. Is that how you use it?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:55 pm

After many days of experimentation, the Father General has managed to get this map into a format where we can view and print it in something other than the full version of Photoshop.

And what a work of art it is.  Here is a section SE of Little Round Top.

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden Neal_s10

There is a huge amount of detail - as much as in one of the 19th C k/spiel maps, but it's all done in a very clear & attractive manner.  It will be a delight to both play and umpire on.

As it's scalable, this will make for an excellent map for division, brigade or regimental level games.

Although it's original artwork, Neal has kindly made it available to our group for non-commercial use.  If anyone would like to print it off, please let me know and I'll send you a link.  I was able to access it using the free Gimp app.

Many thanks, Neal

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Absolutely superb! Martin has the Little Gaddesden Gang ever KS'd Gettysburg?

Maybe we could...
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 pm

No we haven't, and it would be be fun! I wonder if our sister group in California have every tried that? Neal?

Perhaps something smaller as a first stage might be the way to go. We could certainly do an ACW version of our Napoleonic system using this map. It would work very well with a modified version of the see-through brigade counters we use.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  georgewyrd Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Wow!  Lovely map of Gettysburg.  I'm curious why 1:12000 scale is preferred for ACW?  Is it because you are using brigade frontages?

Great contribution.

George

georgewyrd

Back to top Go down

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden Empty Just found you guys

Post  Hamilcar Barca Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:33 am

Just found you guys on Tabletop Simulator.

I would love to get a copy of your map so I can print it out my self. However the map the like sends me to is a low rez version. I can not find the 2GB map you speak of.

Please enlighten and put my name in for the next game.

Hamilcar Barca

Hamilcar Barca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down