Statistics
We have 1013 registered users
The newest registered user is GeeDub

Our users have posted a total of 24771 messages in 1973 subjects

I forgot my password

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Go down

A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Post  Father General on Sun May 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Dear friends,

It is with pride and affection that I would like to present the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden with a gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society.

This year we are using a custom map for our games. It is a map I created from an original, period source, with help from a friend.

The map is of the battlefield of Gettysburg. The original map dates back to the decade or so after the Civil War. I cleaned the map, enlarged it to about 50" x 52" with a 1:12,000 scale. That's about right for Civil War Kriegsspiel. I then had the map painstakingly colorized.

The colors may not be historically accurate, but the job was such a pain that I am grateful to have it colorized at all. Having played on the map for many hours, you will enjoy it regardless.

I have sent the download link to Martin J. The file is 2GB in size, and will result in a large, attractive map. I hope you will find it to be a pleasant addition to your library of maps and that you will enjoy playing on it as much as we have.

Thank you for your community. Thanks to your website, and your friendly, helpful spirit, Kriegsspiel is becoming popular in Southern California.

Best wishes for many great times to come!

-Neal/Father General

Father General

Back to top Go down

Re: A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Post  Martin on Mon May 14, 2018 11:51 am

Many thanks FG. This looks to be a splendid map.

At full size I understand it's about 50" x 52", and would work well for a k/spiel with brigades as manoeuvre elements. Is that how you use it?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Re: A gift from the Southern California Kriegsspiel Society to the Kriegsspiel community of Little Gaddesden

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down