Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria

Go down

Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria Empty Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria

Post  Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:40 pm

I am going to start a simple campaign using a push map between the French and the 1809 Austrian's.

The first battle will occur on a Map from the Italy collection. and then 3 maps pushing to the west (France) and east (Austria).

There must be a clear victory for your team to push forward or get pushed back.

I am going to use this as a learning tool to learn how to work with OOB's and carry over battles.

Everyone is welcome to join us and I will try an announce the games ahead of time.

If there is a day that suits you best to join us please let me know by sending me a message with the KS site message service.

There are 4 of us regulars that will be playing. Miko and Phil the French and Kevin and I are Austria.

We all hope that some of you will join us.

Back to top Go down

Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria Empty Re: Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:03 pm

If the first scenario is ready, I can play today at the usual time, 14:00 EST, 19:00 GMT.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria Empty Re: Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria

Post  Guest Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm

I am just waiting on Miko and Phil to pass me their locations.

I have a PvAI ready or we can use one you have too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:05 pm

The first battle of the first Push Map Campaign was yesterday.  With Miko, Phil and Digby as the French and Kevin and Mike as the Austrians.

The battle was fought on the Italy 1 map.Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria Map_110

The French were on the attack and their objective was to destroy the Austrian Army and take the city of Chivasso.  They started NW of San Pietro in the Muline a vento area.  The Austrians were formed in a north south line between San Pietro and Chivasso.
Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria B1_pos10

The French attempted to spread the Austrians thin but they held the line with the southern area turning to face the French as they attempted to exploit a weakness.  The Austrian lines stayed together and then the French the shifted and did a combined attack on the larger Austrian Force commanded by Kevin.

The battle was fierce and when time ran out the Austrians held out (barley) against the aggressive French force commanded by Miko.

The battle was ruled as a draw by Kevin's scenario outcome generator and there was less then 300 hundred total casualty separated the armies.  Combined battlefield casualties was 15,000 which equaled about 66% 48% of the total troops on the field.

Battle outcome:  The French withdrew to the west of San Pietro and the Austrians held their current positions.  Neither Army was in any shape to counter and the carnage was heavy on the battlefield.  Both armies took the next day to recover their wounded and dead.  The next two days there was heavy rain.  This allowed for both armies to resupply.  Rumor has it that the Austrians have started to move west.

Thats leads us into Battle 2.

Please join us for the next battle look on the forum for Battle 2.

Last edited by MRM on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Kevin went out and counted all the dead and finally gave me the right count.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Our battle had 48% casualties on each side. By comparison, Borodino was a minor skirmish with 28% overall casualties. Embarassed
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:50 pm

I should make it today. Please send me your troops positions and I will have the Push Map scenario ready for today.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:36 pm

Battle 2 was fought today and it was a marginal Austrian victory although the French are still on the map and Battle 3 will be fought in the same area.

At sunset after both armies inflicted heavy losses to each others left, both armies retreated to the towns north and south of the days OBJ.  The armies involved in today's battle withdrew from the field as the armies that fought in Battle 1 were used to replace them.

The Austrians will be attacking the French the next day at mid morning.  Both armies know where their enemies army is located.

The Austrian's will be attacking the French positions.

This battle can be played on Wednesday or whenever we agree upon it.

Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria Battle10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Yesterday Battle 3 was played out and finally the Austrians we able to push the AI force of France to the west. The Austrians lead by Kevin fought a well organized AI force of french, we did not get the ABJ until 9 minutes before game time was to expire. Phil pushed in the CTR real hard, rumor has that there was no quicksand to hold him up. MIke's Army pressed on a high speed low drag speed on the Fr right only to accomplish his tasks at lightning speed and have to wait on everyone else. One of his 2 ramaing brigades took the OBJ to secure the victory.

(There was no embellishment on how great Mike did and the fact that Phil saw Kevin shaving his legs in San Pietro was not mentioned either, this report is 110% correct and should not be considered false.)   affraid

The French have been thrown to the west and the Austrian Army is holding and refitting their Army to make the plunge into France.

Battle 4 is ready and can be played Friday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

All glory and praise go to the CinC. cheers His battle plan was perfect and he applied the reserves at just the right time. His subordinates were adequate.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Battle 4 was fought yesterday. The Austrians pushed the French out of Italy and back to France and followed and the French forces and continued to run them off farther to the west.

Phil was in command and his attack plan went as he had ordered. Kevin and I were quite in awe that Phil moved to battle like a fine oiled high speed low drag machine for the second battle in a row. We can only assume what he will do next battle. Laughing

The next battle will be Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Battle 5 was fought yesterday and the Allies lead by Phil scattered the Fr to the four corners of the map.

It is rumored that Fr re enforcement have arrived from the east. The Austrian's are needing time to rest, resupply and refit the Army which has been driving the French non stop to the east for the past month or so.

Do the Austrian supplies and fresh troops make it before the Fr counter attack.

We will find out when we conduct Battle 6, when ever it is convenient.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down