Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

+14
Earl of Uxbridge
gehrig38
Mongo
Grog
Taff1943
Charmead
ushiri
Didz
Martin
CaptainAndrew
scauispo
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
Miko77
18 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 2 Empty Re: AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

Post  Miko77 Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:08 am

Wine always helps to boost your mood for SoW (clinically/personally tested)Smile

we had another bloody 2.5h scenario (I wish it was  3h as we could probably break through in an extra 30 min)

my left wing brigade was commanded by AI (attack order) and performed quite well -  Shocked

replay file

I hope, an hour earlier start is OK with you.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 2 Empty Re: AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Indeed, it was a very bloody affair. The British, mostly Nassau and Brunswickers, just barely managed to hang on. French general, Friant, was killed early on, run through by a British cavalryman. Good riddance, I say. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Kevin you really need to work on your anti opponent rhetoric. lol!

I was doing fine, I just ran back to rest a bit and tie our shoelaces back up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:23 am

Thanks to Phil for letting me scoring decisive victory without much fighting Smile
In my understanding French arriving from the west, cunningly crossing whole corps to the east bank of the river and not driving enemy away (even contrary, letting Austrians full control over the west-east road) - means white flag waving soon Smile classic, kind of Bailen style battle Smile
Most credit to Mike who secured the objective and kept his eyes open.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:17 am

Thanks Miko,

That was a hard thing to do!

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Thanks Miko

you welcome - I hope you're happy with my "anti opponent rhetoric" cheers
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Is there a replay for yesterday's game? It sounds like it was a good one.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:34 pm

you welcome - I hope you're happy with my "anti opponent rhetoric" cheers wrote:

Yes that is appropriate, Kevin could learn something from you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Is there a replay for yesterday's game? It sounds like it was a good one.

I'll post the replays after work - there were 3 parts as we had a bad frame and later on Kevin just crashed - however my middle part replay doesn't work (it was about 20 minutes so not missing much)

I don't think it was that good - Phil just made mistake in planning - it wasn't as spectacular in consequence as my mistake in battle when your brigade both dispersed my landwehr&artillery group and cut communication line with Andrew.

Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:54 pm

replay
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:09 am

Phil and Miko settled their differences and stood together against Drumpfocaliptic Russian Hordes.
Very interesting scenario with human players controlling 2 out of 4 divisions per side.
replay link

French claimed safe spaces (the field) and unicorns (the guns) Smile
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:04 pm

The filthy French will pay for their impudence. Mad
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:31 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:The filthy French will pay for their impudence.

We're happy to send you some marinated frogs as an act of good will.
However, first, I guess your Tzar would like to know what happened to his division Wink
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Nice replays. Always good to see the mod author get a drubbing from his own work Wink
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:33 pm

The official report to Emperor Alexander states that the 6,000 man Russian division was beset by 2 rabid 10,000 man divisions. Although we were able to fend them off for most of the battle, in the end, the overwhelming numbers were too much, despite inflicting an estimated 15,000 casualties upon the French barbarians.

It is rumored that the Emperor will bestow the Order of St. George, 2nd Class with sash and the Order of St. Stanislaus 3rd Class class to the division's heroic commander. cheers
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 pm

Now that is some good rhetoric!! You should receive more awards.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Now that is some good rhetoric!!

Not much short of perfection, indeed.

You should receive more awards.

Oh.. he did actually receive more - he actually forgot to mention his new appointment as a head of Tomsk Governorate cheers
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:02 am

replay from yesterday?
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Unfortunately, I deleted mine. The Prussians, (1806 variety), were able to capture the objective, although the French were still battling to regain control. Fortunately for Mike, a timely crash gave him a second life and his much anticipated annihilation never came to pass. Shocked
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Some pics from yesterday's battle which was a French victory... because the objective the British had to secure was off the map - thanks Miko!

1. Miko gives my gunners some peachy targets:

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 2 Leria_Targets

2. Things warm up on my left as Phil attacks late in the day with his Portuguese:

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 2 Leria_LeftFlank

3. Asid on my left, causes Phil many problems with cavalry counter attacks and my rather crap Dutch troops manage to hold on long enough... just:

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 2 Leria_Dutch-vs-Portuguese
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Oh... I somehow missed this post - nice screenshots Martin.

BTW... to keep the thread live I'll post off-topic Smile
there is sale on steam 50% on SoW game and DLCs! - I'm buying Ligny - any one else??

Also, sorry for leaving TS yesterday... I had to let steam off somewhere else. Fighting Russians 12lbs and Cuirassiers using 6pdrs and light cav again and again is a bit frustrating (and in yesterday's scenario after 1.5 hours marching).

To Mike(and others who make scenarios):
Kevin's generator is very nice tool, however you might get some significantly unbalanced armies (like yesterday).
Simply solution to this is  
- When designing scenarios add some extra brigades/batteries to each division that you want to deploy.
- After generating OOBs, manually tailor it to desired shape.
- Use Kevin's OOB calculator to check if quality/quantity ratios are not skewed and to print OOBs.

I use SDK Scenario Editor - it's a powerful tool, which allows to make scenarios from scratch and also to edit OOBs - it's quite easy to use but not as easy as Kevin's generator.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:46 pm

The simpler answer is to always play the Russians!

I think I'll buy Ligny if its at a discount. If enough of us get it so we can play a game on that map, shout and I'll definitely be along to play.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:51 pm

The simpler answer is to always play the Russians!
That's always been my motto. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Just bought Ligny. GBP 8-99 seemed like a good deal. Anyone else?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAndrew Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Got both add-ons today. Hope to catch a game soon so we can try them out in MP.
CaptainAndrew
CaptainAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next