Latest topics
» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Mark87 Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» Impromptu Games
by MRM Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:13 pm

» 2018 k/spiel game schedule
by Martin Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 pm

» 1914 WW1 Kriegsspiel
by Master of Europe Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:53 pm

» Hello, I’m back
by Master of Europe Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:42 pm

» Player v Player Push Map Campaign French v Austria
by MRM Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:13 pm

» Patch 1.01 No Found
by rschilla Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 pm

» KS Napoleon Mod 1.26 & KS Sprites 1.05 Released
by Uncle Billy Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:35 pm

» Newbie question on KS mod
by SirTurtleton Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 am

» 1809 Campaign on the Danube
by MRM Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 am

» conduct of an infantry assault
by lu zi shen Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:58 pm

» Bill Leeson RIP
by Pwp100 Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Statistics
We have 1005 registered users
The newest registered user is Devildog06

Our users have posted a total of 24444 messages in 1951 subjects
Log in

I forgot my password


Battlegames #25

Go down

Battlegames #25

Post  hammurabi70 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:45 pm

•And now for something completely different. In his first article for Battlegames, Irish contributor Conrad Kinch gives us the intriguing A starter for ten: an alternative method of resolving campaign matters in Free Kriegsspiel. Campaigns have never been so much fun, so you'd best get your thinking caps on

The above entry arises as a description of issue number 25 of the magazine Battlegames. Can anyone enlighten us as to nature of the article?
study
avatar
hammurabi70

Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlegames #25

Post  Druid_ian on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 pm

hammurabi70 wrote:•And now for something completely different. In his first article for Battlegames, Irish contributor Conrad Kinch gives us the intriguing A starter for ten: an alternative method of resolving campaign matters in Free Kriegsspiel. Campaigns have never been so much fun, so you'd best get your thinking caps on

The above entry arises as a description of issue number 25 of the magazine Battlegames. Can anyone enlighten us as to nature of the article?
study

it is about using a quiz to simulate dice rolls, essentially the number of questions answered correctly gives the dice value

Druid_ian

Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-01-05
Age : 57
Location : Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlegames #25

Post  hammurabi70 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 am

Druid_ian wrote:it is about using a quiz to simulate dice rolls, essentially the number of questions answered correctly gives the dice value

Thanks. Not a system likely to speed up the process of resolution. Laughing Rolling Eyes
avatar
hammurabi70

Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-12-09
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlegames #25

Post  Conrad Kinch on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:51 pm

hammurabi70 wrote:
Druid_ian wrote:it is about using a quiz to simulate dice rolls, essentially the number of questions answered correctly gives the dice value

Thanks. Not a system likely to speed up the process of resolution. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Well - it actually wasn't meant to. The idea was (and the way is that it's been used in practice) is that when you're playing a game of email KS (or in our case, using KS as a campaign system and then fighting battles out on the talbletop) things would normally be adjudicated using the tried and true nugget method set out in Napoleonic Wargaming for Fun.

However - once per campaign, if the player wanted to be sure, he could opt to take a quiz rather than roll the dice. It's a gimmick, but I've found it a successful one - used as seasoning, not as a main meal.

Conrad Kinch

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Battlegames #25

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum