Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend

+2
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
6 posters

Go down

Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend Empty Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 pm

Martin is having internet connections at the moment. He is hopeful that the issue will be resolved by the weekend. If not, then the campaign battle will have to be delayed. I will have a scenario ready as a substitute just in case. Any suggestions for which OOB to use?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend Empty Re: Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend

Post  Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:24 pm

The game we played Sunday would be a good one P v P I think.

Back to top Go down

Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend Empty Re: Possible Delay in the Battle this Weekend

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:38 pm

I am back online although the Doodle Poll is looking a bit sparse. Its possibly still too close to New Year and everyone will be drunk or something.

A back up scenario, Kevin, would be good insurance.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 pm

I have created a new Doodle Poll for a campaign battle this coming weekend - the 8th thru 11th January. If we get 10 players we will play Ojos, if we get 8 we'll play Alba de Tormes. Please see the relevant threads for the details of each battle.

I would ask everyone who has SoW:WL to please come along and play! We have had several campaign games in recent weeks we've had to postpone due to lack of numbers and our one-off scenarios usually kindly created by Kevin have seen numbers down to often just 3 or 4 players. This is a worrying trend and I hope it was a pre-holiday period issue so please turn out for this game!

And if you haven't got SoW:WL - then buy it and come along as well!

Doodle:

http://doodle.com/poll/mtkyb3dzbdcd8xm5
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Hi all

Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th are looking the most promising with 5 players so far though this is still not enough.

I still await responses from Jeff, Brett, Ron, Alex, Neal, Phill, Paul, Sam, Mark, David and Cameron.

Guys - this is far too many people who are not responding for whatever reason for requests to fill in the Doodle. As always, even a "no, can't make it" answer is very helpful. Its not fair on those who turn up for people to gather, wait an hour in the hope someone is coming along who didn't fill in the Doodle only to have to cancel the game.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  midgetmanifesto Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:32 am

Sorry for the delay Martin. It's been a bit crazy in the new year with a new rotation at work. I won't be able to make it this week as I have out of town family visiting. I'll update the doodle to reflect it.

Dave
midgetmanifesto
midgetmanifesto

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:45 pm

I have edited the poll and trimmed it down to just Sunday and we'll meet at 20:00 UK time. This gets us 7 players and Gavin has said he can attend so we may just have enough for Alba de Tormes.

The two sides are seriously unbalanced though in player experience with HITS and couriers so I will be shifting a couple of people about. In the past we've had unbalanced teams and its not worked well.

FRENCH PLAYERS

Kevin
Pat
Mark
Tom

ALLIED PLAYERS

Pepe
Gavin
Taff/Jeff
Digby/Martin

I will be mostly taking a non-combat role and looking after moving the retreating Spanish, this means Pepe is the only experienced player on the Allied side so I will be swapping either Kevin or Pat with Gavin or Jeff.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Dang I never get to play when my Army is involved.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:49 pm

I signed up on the doodle poll the other day but I guess it didn't take. It may have been because I was doing it on my cell phone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:34 am

Sorry Mike!

Thanks Alex. Looks like we are good to go now for Sunday.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:44 pm

Looking for a job with the Allied army this coming battle tomorrow. All I ask is for the opportunity to slaughter the French heathen who turned their back upon me. Feel free to email me Patrick.k.barker(at)gmail(dot)com since I am normally in the French site (but since I have much more honor than they, I shall not look upon their words or plans)
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:33 am

Hello Martin/Gents

I will be able to play tonight. if you have room for one more?

I can play either side but a small command would be best due to lack of recent practice.

Mike

Very Happy
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:43 am

Hello Mike! It will be very good to see you again! Your tactical finesse has been sorely missed Wink

Now we have about 10 players I can re-juggle the sides a bit. I'll think on that. I know you are out of practice so maybe a division is a bit much, but we'll see.

Have you got all the latest versions of the mod(s) installed?

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1451-set-up-for-sowwl-napoleon-games-for-kriegspiel-style

@ Pat - not a good idea to post your e-mail on any forum - spambots will gobble it up and do annoying things with it like try to sell you stuff or offer you links to mucky sites you've already been to Wink

Last edited by Mr. Digby on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 am

Thanks Martin

It will be great to play again.

I've recently upgraded my PC to high end Very Happy and needed to reload windows and all my programs but can confirm that KS Nap is up to date and running very nicely. I still need to open my ports but when I do then I might be a good hosting option.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:19 pm

cheers Welcome back, Mike. cheers
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:25 pm

Looking for a job with the Allied army this coming battle tomorrow. All I ask is for the opportunity to slaughter the French heathen who turned their back upon me. Feel free to email me Patrick.k.barker(at)gmail(dot)com since I am normally in the French site (but since I have much more honor than they, I shall not look upon their words or plans)
I can't abide a turncoat.  You will be made an example of, sir. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:20 pm

Yeah Martin. Not thinking. What happened to the good old days when a serving officer without a country could simply offer his services via email?

And why is the individual labeled a "turncoat"? How is the larger group immune from such dastardly labeling? Dare I say "bullying?" Here we have outright collusion by General officers. Men I once trusted with the very lives of my own troops whom I otherwise did not care about. Men who shared with me the trials of game crashes and resets. Shall I even call them "men"? Might the term "collective group of outright cowards" be better used here? Probably not since that is a rather lengthy phrase.

Regardless.You are hereby warned. Today I shall lead my Allied troops, be they Spanish or British or Canadian or from New Jersey...and strike with a violence unsurpassed in the history of simulated warfare.

Intimidated yet?

I thought not.

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Thing is... if we have 10 people we could fight Ojos. I am loathe to not take advantage of the willing multitudes as such are here gathered today (or will be in a few hours). So moving on (and sounding less like a priest at a wedding), if we get 10 we could do that - any preferences? Or is the opportunity to face Perfidious Albion so great the French cannot hold themselves back?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm

I care not. Just point me in the direction of the enemy and I shall deliver to them the fruits of our enlightenment. Er...be that at the point of a bayonet.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Should I asked to return to the French I shall forever more have my staff pre-taste all food given to me.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:40 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Glad you are back Mike!!

The other Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:05 pm

won't be making it today; have had the flu all weekend. I'm not getting out of bed for a couple more days.

Sorry gents; vive la France
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Sorry that you missed it Mark. It was a bloody fight and well played by everyone on both sides given the horrible thick gluey mud that filled the riverbed Sad
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:45 am

Every so often as I rode with my cavalry I would ask myself "what would Mark do?"

And did the opposite! Very Happy

Get better, comrade.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks, still feel like shit. Actually answered some emails though just outta shear boredom
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down