Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Hey Everyone!

5 posters

Go down

Hey Everyone! Empty Hey Everyone!

Post  McEwan Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:03 am

Heyo! Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name's Cameron, but you can call me McEwan. I only recently started playing Scourge of War, but I've been a huge strategy fan for years. I thought that if I wanted to really get into a game with as much depth as SoW, why not go all in, and I heard that this was the place to do it, and the people to do it with! I was actually introduced to this community by one of your own, SWeathers, with whom I go to school and do Civil War reenacting.

One area of history I've enjoyed the most has been the Napoleonic Era. I spent a lot of time with the Mount and Blade: Warband, Napoleonic Wars community, but fell away when I started college (time constraints and all that fun stuff). I was excited when Sam started telling me about your Peninsular Campaign game, considering I've been looking for another way to exercise my interest! Come the end of this current semester, I'm hoping that I'll be able to actively join you in that!

Hope to see you all around!
McEwan
McEwan

Back to top Go down

Hey Everyone! Empty Re: Hey Everyone!

Post  Iberalc Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:05 am

Welcome to the forum Mr. McEwan, I hope you will enjoy it.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:26 am

Hello and welcome. I hope you can download our mods and join us online for a familiarisation game very soon. We have one scheduled for tonight as it happens - Sunday 8 November at 20:00 GMT / 15:00 EST. Failing that we can usually get some people online for casual games against the AI (great for learning the ropes without your mistakes costing anything - and we ALL make them!) several days a wekk. We usually meet up Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at the same time as I mentioned above.

I am the organiser and umpire of the Peninsular campaign and there are currently a small number of map commands vacant. You can join the map command (PBEM) side of the campaign without committing to SoW online battles and vice-versa. Of course we like people to be involved in both but if you want to try some strategy and planning with your fellow players you can send me a PM or an e-mail.

There is in fact a Spanish command free that is operating very close to where Sam W is on the map so that might suit you.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Hello McEwan,
You did indeed come to the right place for Napoleonics! The Campaign is loads of fun, fascinating, and expertly managed by our own Digby. Looking forward to your joining the action.  cheers

As you familiarize yourself with SoW, be sure to take time getting used to playing "from the saddle." It's really a blast, but a challenge as well. I would also recommend loading up and playing with the KS HITS mods early on to get used to the unique commands in the "Button Rock" it presents. But don't worry -- the guys are all VERY helpful and you'll be sending couriers like a seasoned vet in no time!

Best,
Ron (Palmer)
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Welcome!

What reenacting unit are you with? Mine is 28th Massachusetts Company B. Hero shot posted here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcw7hqcbzzf7ls5/Photo%20Apr%2019%2C%209%2045%2019%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  McEwan Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:17 am

Thanks for the welcomes and the tips! I'll definitely start getting acquainted with the mods and all that.

Charmead, I'm a member of the Arsenal Guards; we're relatively new, and more a conglomeration of messes that share common interests and ideologies in reenacting, and don't portray a specific historical unit. We'll probably see each other around at Rem Day!

McEwan
McEwan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum