Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

New member from the Basque Country

4 posters

Go down

New member from the Basque Country Empty New member from the Basque Country

Post  Iriasthor Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

I opened this post to introduce myself and get to be known a little in this forum. I come frome the Basque Country, a region in northern Spain, bordering France. I am 23 years old (soon 24).

I own the game Scourge of War - Waterloo since its first week of launch, but I have not played it very much since then, mainly because getting used to the game was resulting more complicated than anticipated. I played the game Take Command in the past, but even though I am familiar with the gameplay style, I did not get used to it very much.

Now that I got the spirit to give the game another opportunity, my objective is to practice a bit with the AI and try somehow dominating the game controls, before jumping to multiplayer games.

I hope to see you guys there anytime soon.

Best regards,

Iriasthor

Last edited by Iriasthor on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mention the name of the game owned)
Iriasthor
Iriasthor

Back to top Go down

New member from the Basque Country Empty Re: New member from the Basque Country

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Hello Iriasthor and welcome to the Kriegspiel community. I'm guessing you are talking about the computer game Scourge of War - Waterloo? We play all kinds of Kriegspiels here - not just computer ones, often face-to-face with rules, dice, umpires and maps.

We play Waterloo multiplayer several times a week usually on Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays - though Saturdays and Mondays see games as well some weeks.

You would be very welcome to join us at 21:00 your time, 20:00 British time. You would need to download and install Teamspeak and buy a microphone or headphones for voice comms which we use to plan games before we play and discuss them afterwards - during game we do not talk at all and all communications are sent by in-game couriers.

The 3 mods you'll need to join us for Kreigspiel games are to be found here:

KS game setup

Our Teamspeak server details are here:

KS Teamspeak details

We look forward to meeting you soon!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Iriasthor Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Mr. Digby. Indeed, I was talking about the game Scourge of War - Waterloo, I just forgot to mention it in the opening paragraph (I have updated the post).

I am looking forward to join you in any of the battles you mention. I will be checking the forum and the SOW Steam group in order to keep track of the organised events and join them when possible.

I have already tried the KS mods a couple of times, and so far it seems to be a great improvement on the original game. I am looking forward to see future improvements after the recent release of the SDK.

About the teamspeak and the microphone requirement, I believe there won't be any problem at all, except for my slightly poor oral english skills (I hope to improve them over time, though).

Thanks again and we will see each other in the battlefield!
Iriasthor
Iriasthor

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Yes, welcome Iriasthor. Don't worry about your English, it will be much better than our Spanish. There is another Spaniard, Pepe, who regularly plays. I'm certain if you have any difficulties, he can help you. The next game will be Wednesday. Just check the forum for posts announcing the day of the game. They are usually announced a day or two before they are scheduled.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello from Alicante Iriasthor, I bet you will enjoy the Waterloo game much more with HITS and multiplayer. Hope to meet you soon in one of our battles.

The guy in my avatar also came from the Basque Country, from Pasajes to be more specific. Wink
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Iriasthor Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome Uncle Billy and Iberalc, I will check the wednesday event and see if the time fits me.

Iberalc, I believe you are talking about the admiral Blas de Lezo, Smile.
Iriasthor
Iriasthor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down