Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Technical Campaign Discussion (but not rules Q & As)

+15
Mark87
Iberalc
Calpurnius
Ike
Mr. Digby
Hannibal
Uncle Billy
Baldwin1
Leffe7
Father General
Martin
WJPalmer
The Fox
kg little mac
MajorByrd
19 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Technical Campaign Discussion (but not rules Q & As) - Page 5 Empty Re: Technical Campaign Discussion (but not rules Q & As)

Post  Mark87 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:23 pm

It is not the fault of the Emperor that the Allies are cowards. Run run run soon we will have your entire miserable country once again.
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Technical Campaign Discussion (but not rules Q & As) - Page 5 Empty Re: Technical Campaign Discussion (but not rules Q & As)

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:47 am

Please welcome our newest forum member to the campaign. SolInvictus202 also known as Roland joined us this week and he has joined the French team as General de Division Junot, Duc d'Abrantes commanding VIII Corps.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:14 pm

Roland will be a great addition to the Campaign -- even though he comes in on the Dark Side. Razz

Martin, is there somewhere an updated list of all players and their commands? I confess having lost track of some of the additions and recent changes.

Thanks,
Ron/Palmer
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I second this request! I have honestly an incomplete spreadsheet listing all of the various French commanders and have no knowledge of the Spanish.... Moreover, regarding the Spanish, perhaps that is the point, as I have no idea who commands what for a vast majority of Spain. I've got the leaders of four armies (actually six) in my sights, and that is good enough for me for the moment.

It would be nice of you gentlemen if you would obligingly allow yourselves to be trapped. Being Bonaparte is not as easy as it is cracked up to be. But, one bad general is better than three good ones..... Very Happy
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Post  SolInvictus202 Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Indeed I am most pleased to be accepted among this fine group of gentlemen...

I offered my sword to any side that wanted it - and it seems that the French were in greater need of it at this particular moment... a circumstance which will surely change once my troops have arrived at the frontline and are engaging the enemy!

my first set of orders to my troops and the first few letters to my commanding officers and my Emperor will soon leave my tent, somewhere in Europe Cool
SolInvictus202
SolInvictus202

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:07 pm

I like to let players work out who is playing who! Twisted Evil
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 pm

We've had a great response to the new turn and Spain is covered in messengers furiously galloping back and forth with literally tens of letters!

Waiting for orders now from:

Moore
Baird

Napoleon
Victor
Moncey
Mortier

St Cyr

Cuesta
Blake

Romana
Llamas/Vives
Villava/San Juan

As usual I am okay with you giving provisional orders, e.g. "I'll do this unless/until/if/when this happens in which case I'll do that." That kind of thing is fine and lets me plot quite complex spatial interactions. I will also feed back critical events part-way through the turn as well in cases that warrant it so, to reiterate what I've said in the past, don't feel like "going first" with issuing orders limits your options in any way.

Last edited by Mr. Digby on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Only 6 players left to send orders and then its happy new year!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:05 pm

4 players left to submit orders. I'm going to close the turn at midnight Sunday 15 March, so any forces without orders by then will hold in place or continue with any previously given orders.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Turn 14, late December is complete. There were no field battles in the last fortnight of 1808.

January 1809 turn has just been started. I have issued sitreps and updated OOBs to the British and French. Spanish are being done now.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm

I've had a great response so far to the early January orders. I am awaiting only a few players orders to complete the turn:

Baird

Napoleon
Victor
Moncey
St Cyr

Castanos
Cuesta
Acevedo
Blake
Romana

Thank you everyone.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:25 pm

I did not receive any January information.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm

I've just re-sent it. Please let me know if you don't get anything within 24h. I can put the thing up on dropbox for you if this continues... Sad
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm now waiting on:

Baird

Napoleon
Victor
St Cyr

Acevedo
Cuesta
Blake
Romana
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:44 pm

So that momentum is maintained I'll be closing the turn at 23:59h Sunday 29th March GMT.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Turn 16, late January 1809 is running. As usual I'll give this about 2 weeks, though if people are quick it could end sooner! Please note that 23:59h BST Sunday 19th April will be the close of the turn.

All communications from various corps and army staffs have now been sent to all commanders and diplomats. If you have not got anything from me in the last few days, please e-mail or PM me. Thanks.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:23 pm

Thanks to the prompt replies I have all orders in except for French VII Corps (Sean/St Cyr) and the Spanish Army of Cataluna facing them (Pepe/Llamas), plus Mike/Cuesta near Valladolid - this last position is critical so Mike can you please let me have your activity asap.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Holiday, at a time like this?! Need I remind him, the French wear blue...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Cazadore

Spanish infantry

Spanish Guards

Infantry at Talavera

Spanish gunners

Cavalry

Be very careful who you shoot at, Mr Moore!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Here's the overall tabulation of the success or otherwise of the French campaign in the Peninsular for 1808. The scoring system is in the main rules (Rule 4.0)

FRENCH WIN/LOSE SUMMARY

Early June = Moderate Success [+0]
Battles (0) = [+0]
Late June = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (2) = Atalayuclas, Alagon 2 wins [+2]
Early July = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (3) = Valladolid 1 win, Ordal, San Milan 2 losses [-1]
Late July = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (2) = Barcelona 1 draw, Gerona 1 loss [-1]
Early August = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (0) = [+0]
Late August = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (3) = Vimerio 1 loss, Navalcamero, Sesena, 2 wins [+1]
Early September = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (1) = Calahorra 1 loss [-1]
Late September = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (1) = Aranjuez 1 loss [-1]
Early October = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (1) = Murcia/Gerona 1 loss [-1]
Late October = Moderate Fail [-1]
Battles (1) = Miranda del Ebro 1 win [+1]
Early November = Moderate Success [+0]
Battles (0) = [+0]
Late November = Moderate Success [+0]
Battles (0) = [+0]
Early December = Moderate Success [+0]
Battles (1) = Pamplona 1 win [+1]
Late December = Moderate Success [+0]
Battles (0) = [+0]

Total Score = [-9]

1808 declared a significant Allied victory.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  MJP Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Not a good year for the French, but if you look closely, we're certainly on a roll lately!

How does the campaign take into effect the Habsburg Resurgence?
MJP
MJP

http://www.firstlegionltd.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:45 pm

I'd rather not say in such a public place!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:51 pm

OOBs and sitreps for the English and French have all gone out for early Feb. I have done some of the Spanish and will finish these tomorrow.

Its possible we could have a MONSTER battle soon Wink

We're talking sprite ratios of at least 8, maybe 10...
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:31 pm

Just for fun I have created a very small action set in the campaign in a very minor part of things. The battle is small and needs 3 players a side, a division commander and 2 brigade commanders each. We can play this Friday evening UK time (tomorrow) at 20:00 or 21:00. The two region commanders who are directly responsible are once again David Brewster and Pepe. No plans or prep is needed at all, for whoever turns up I can brief players on the night.

David, if you can make a later time or a different day over the weekend is better for you, let me know and we may be able to shift this to accommodate you.

Doodle here.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  midgetmanifesto Fri May 01, 2015 1:18 am

Unfortunately I'm working till 5pm tomorrow PST....which is much much too late for the European crowd. My digital troops will probably be better off without my ham fisted command tomorrow. Bon chance blue coats!
midgetmanifesto
midgetmanifesto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next