Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!

3 posters

Go down

Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!  Empty Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!

Post  Iconoclast Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Dear all,

Ico here. After my craving for hardcore wargaming could not be satisfied in recent months, I decided to register here...

I come from a "professional" angle: Joined the German Army in 2010, until I broke a leg in march 2016. They decided to put me behind an office desk (also because my leg didn't heal properly) and since then I try to satisfy my yearning for maneuvering with wargames. Nothing really helped so far. The CPX-flair of Kriegsspiel made me look at it every few weeks. I bought both rulesets from toofatlardis

I was an active wargamer way before I decided to join. My favourites include Airborne Assault (an early taste of what computer games can do) the successor Command Ops, Gary's WITE, and Combat Mission. I closely monitor the development of a Kriegsspiel-style computer game, called General Staff.

I enjoy not being in complete control, commanding smaller units, and I am good at losing Very Happy Fighting against a superior opponent, knowing that I am just a small gear in a bigger picture is just weirdly satisfying for me.

I expect and hope to find some PBEM Kriegsspiel, 19th or 20th century. I am personally not familiar with the Napoleon era tactics but find that era nevertheless exciting. World War 2 is my hobbyhorse. Q: I assume the Reisswitz and Email Kriegsspiel subforums are the ones I want to regularly check?

In the long run, I can see myself flying out to some selected events in Europe.

If you have questions, fire away.

Cheers,

Ico
Iconoclast
Iconoclast

Back to top Go down

Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!  Empty Re: Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!

Post  Martin Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi Ico

Good to hear from you. We periodically run email games, although I'm not aware of one at the moment. If anyone else is (Father General perhaps?), please yell.

If you can ever fly to the UK, you would always be welcome at our face-to-face games. We always play with a proper command structure, so I'm sure you would feel comfortable with that. The style of the group is very relaxed and friendly. We are not very competitive.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!  Empty Re: Finally decided to Register Here. Hello all!

Post  King_Rufus Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Welcome Iconoclast! Its especially valuable to have forum contributors with real military experience – given that not a few of us are civilian desk jockeys whose nearest experience of hostile action is wrestling with malfunctioning office machines…..

It will be interesting to see how General Staff progresses

Digby, is the 1815 PBEM still ongoing?
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Iconoclast Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Both of your comments are much appreciated.

@King_Rufus

From my recent experience, I can assure you that the struggle with the office machines is sometimes all the combat experience you need....

Cheers

Edit: Just in case there is an ongoing PBEM game, I would love to be added to the mailing list so I can tag along and just have a feel how your orders are written and how PBEM wargaming looks like. If you could forward the player briefings and other resources that would be great too.
Iconoclast
Iconoclast

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down