Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 12 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Didz Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 pm

I didn't fancy fiddling around in the files like that, as I'm bound to forget what I did and waste hours trying to work out what the error is in the future.

What I did instead was go into steam and deactivate all the DLC's, and also de-activated all the non-KS Mods.  So, now all I have running is the basic Waterloo game and the three KS Mods, and it seems to be allowing me to host a game now.  

So, it looks as though that will be the routine every time I want to play KS multi-player.

Last edited by Didz on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammer correction)
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 12 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Remember that the prohibition only applies to the host of the battle. Others that join do not have to worry about it as the host's computer supplies all the necessary files.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Another option, David, would be to go into Windows Explorer and just rename the main QB/Wavre/Ligny DLC folders by adding an x to the front or something like that.

Its very odd that the DLC installs conflict with community mods.

I have all the DLCs but all I wanted from them was the maps, so I just copied the necessary map folders into the KS Mod and deleted everything else as I don't play the vanilla scenarios.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Didz Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 am

I didn't test the source of the conflict thoroughly.

The first conflict with munitions.csv was definitely caused by the Explosions Mod I had activated at the time. The second with the Unitglobal.csv was almost certainly the Expanded Toolbar Mod.
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Its the DLC conflict that we need to try and bottom out since many players will have them and we need to be able to encourage DLC-owning players to play KS Mod MP.

One route might be to suggest that DLC-owning players move the maps only from the DLCs to a new mini-mod and activate that.

I must be honest and say this is not a problem the KS Team has addressed since none of us play the canned scenarios and when we buy the DLCs we just strip out the maps and use only those.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:20 pm

I've got Ligny DLC installed and generally I don't think it causes any problem? But I use Steam version of the game.
Would that mean that DLCs installed with non-Steam differ to Steam somehow?
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 pm

David uses the Steam version I am pretty sure.

So, Miko, you bought and installed Ligny via Steam and it causes no issues when we play MP? I wonder if the issue of the extra csv file is peculiar to QB?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Didz Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:38 am

I saw your note and did a quick test, and it does seem to be caused by the QB DLC.

If I deactivate that DLC in steam then I can create a room without any problems despite still having the Ligny and Wavre DLC's active.
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:18 am

I can understand QB having a separate unitglobal because the original game one was for Waterloo and of course many units have more men with the colours on the 16th.

Though why a new unitglobal was not issued for Ligny I don't know, presumably many units were much stronger than at Wavre.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Didz Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:02 am

I suppose what I ought to test today is whether the MP game works with the QB DLC, but without the KS Mods active.  It would be really weird if the QB dlc prevents the player playing MP because of a conflict with the main game.  I can't beleive that would happen, but they did supply two AddOns as part of the game that don't work with the standard scenario's so all bets are off till I've tested it. Rolling Eyes
++++
Just to confirm, that the MP error with duplicate UnitGlobal.csv is definitely caused by a conflict between the KS Mod and the QB dlc. Deactivate either and the MP system works.
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Post  xiyunhong Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:51 am

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 12 20170710
this is a why ?
and why can not my KSFrenchScenario7 be used?
xiyunhong
xiyunhong

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm

New versions of all three parts of the KS mod has been posted. The links are in the first post of this thread. I'll highlight some of the changes a little later.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 pm

The maps and mod extracted fine but I got some error messages on the sprites file.

I should have written them down more closely but it was something like PT_FUS1.dds and another PT_FUS file as well as similar errors for RUS_ART

I do well recall from my Rome Total War days that the surest way to crash a game was to call for a sprite file that wasn't there.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Re-ran the extraction on 7 zip and it reports 119 errors.

They start with Graphics\Packed\PT_FUS1.dds and end with WUR_Officer1.plist

Then there are two more errors for:

Graphics\Screens\map_Icon.tga and map_Icon_big.tga

Curiously, when I went in an looked at the extracted file there is an entry for PT_FUS1.dds showing the file created 7-7-15 and 11,178kb in size. There are 4 Russian entries below it for Art1 and Art2 but nothing after that.

That's my report and I'm sticking with it!

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Do you have the folder within a folder problem,( KS Sprite Mod 1.04\KS Sprite Mod 1.04)? Otherwise all the files are in the 7z file. I just checked. Maybe a corrupt download?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 pm

I didn't even move the anything out of my Download folder. I just downloaded it, ran the 7 Zip extract routine in the DL Folder - twice - and reported back what it said.

I will immediately try to download the file again, store it somewhere else and see what happens when I extract it. If everyone else is able to get through it I should be too. That's a good idea. The other two files worked perfectly.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 pm

Re-downloading the file seems to have done the trick. Extracted with no errors and the PT (Portuguese?) Fusiliers through the Wurttemberg Officers all show up in the directory now.

Oddly, the DL was still the same length as the original thread so there must have been some kind of a garble in the process. I'll get everything moved into the KS files and check it out.

Thanks. Good suggestion.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:17 am

So good news and bad news. The good news is that the files downloaded properly and seem to have been conveyed to the correct directories.

The bad news is that a lot of the old KS scenarios are fouled up. I got a call from my son who has played a HITS game with you guys, Darkrob, and he wanted me to try out the old scenarios to see if I could replicate the errors he was getting on 1.25. I did.

At first he was reporting that the OoB's for Scenario selection were fouled up. For example, British Scenario 2 which seemed to be a 3 division French Corp against 3 British Divisions. Yet, when the OOB appears the French commander shows up as 107e et 47e Voltigeur. The rest of the OOB is scrambled beyond belief.

At first we thought that the Austrian and most of the French scenarios were okay but when we tried to load them, they crashed. Generally with level not found errors.

At that point I decided we had better report in and see what you thought.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRob Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:58 am

Also, for the scenario's with screwed up OOBs that do launch, the messed up OOB description in the scenario listing carry over into the game itself. For instance, you might click on a division commander and his name will be "6 plunge" or something like that. Or a corps commander with a ligne unit name and so forth. At least 75% of the scenarios are screwed up in some such way, scenarios that worked fine in 1.24.

I got my dad involved so we could have independent verification on different computers that these problems were real and not me just screwing up the download. His results were exactly the same as mine.

DarkRob

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Peninsula OOB has been reworked. So if scenarios are using it, there might be a problem. Have you tried to set up some sandbox game and faced similar issues?
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:42 pm

Not yet. It was late last night. I'll experiment with it today.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Okay - I took some time this morning.

I tried Austrian scenarios 1,2 and 9. They all worked. Game loaded and units moved when so ordered.

Then it got interesting.

Frenchscen 1 gave a Level Not Found ( LNF) error. I know that's a map thing.
Frenchscen 12 - CTD - when I checked the log it said "Cant find Pru_Fus_06_1st"
Frenchscen 13 - worked fine as above with Austrians
Frenchscen 14 - LNF
Frenchscen2 - worked fine.
Frenchscen 3 - LNF
Frenchscen 33 - worked fine
Frenchscen 6 - worked fine
Frenchscen 7 & 9 - LNF

Prussiascen 11 - CTD "Can't find unit class type Pru_MUSK_06"

So out of 13 scenarios tested 7 worked and 6 did not.

I'll check for some of the missing map files.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Some maps have been reworked, too... and changed names slightly - so LNF is easy to fix just by correcting the names in scenario.ini file.

Prussian 1806 sprites have been reworked and also changed names, so I suspect it's something to do with that (probably corresponding 1806 OOB was reworked?)

Thanks for your testing, I'm sure Kevin will do something about it when he's back. In MP we don't use scenarios that are included in the mod, and that's why the impact the changes had on them was overlooked.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I will look for that. The only one that has me completely floored is the Peninsula OOB. Trying to go through that line by line seems a little too daunting!

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:56 pm

There was an error in the Peninsula OOB. I've fixed that. You can either re-download the KS Napoleon Mod again or use this link. The file goes in the KS Napoleon Mod Logistics folder and replaces the one there. Peninsula OOB Fix

Some of the scenarios may not display the commander name properly because of changes in the OOBs. MyGUI is truly the gift that keeps on giving. They have to be fixed manually, so I'll provide a link to the new scenario folder when they are all changed. However, sandbox games can be played without any problems.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next