Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Internal Radio Messages between Major and General

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Internal Radio Messages between Major and General - Page 2 Empty Re: Internal Radio Messages between Major and General

Post  drdzoe Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Comassion wrote:I have requested additional supplies to be delivered to PK-17 - use them to continue to advance to the city, and use all but your last reserves now.  This is the time to push forward.  I am beginning an offensive in the city that will sweep the enemy before us - you must work to enter the city from the north and relieve the Bac Hao at the airfield, as well as conduct an encirclement that will trap the NVA in the city and make it  a graveyard for them.  

The price of defiance is high.  Green textiles have been spotted by the riverbank.

Sadly, with supplies I am on my last reserves. As such, I ordered my men to hold and defend until I can get additional supplies.

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Internal Radio Messages between Major and General - Page 2 Empty Supplies!

Post  drdzoe Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 am

Sir,

I am happy to report that I now have both supplies and additional troops. What are your orders?

Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Internal Radio Messages between Major and General - Page 2 Empty Re: Internal Radio Messages between Major and General

Post  Comassion Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Attack. Continue your thrust towards the city. Sweep aside all who stand in your way.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Internal Radio Messages between Major and General - Page 2 Empty Latest stuff

Post  drdzoe Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Sir,

I am happy to report that we have encountered an enemy force on Rte 1 and driven them back. Unless you order otherwise, we will continue to advance towards the city.

Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:23 am

Continue along your course, I am pleased with your progress.

Ensure that the Americans do not shell Hue city - there are civilians present and structures of historical importance that should not be unnecessarily damaged in this battle.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Internal Radio Messages between Major and General - Page 2 Empty Latest news

Post  drdzoe Mon May 12, 2014 3:30 am

Sir,

There is not much to report. Rte 1 is clear - there is no sign of the enemy. Our troops are positioned to the north of Hue. Working with the Americans is as always a great pain, which has slowed the advance. I have fears that the cowardly Americans will try to send our troops in first. I think that would be a terrible mistake, sir, but it would be in keeping with their cowardly ways. By all means, let us soak up the worst of the casualties - it would be just like them.

Should we cooperate with those stinky yanks? And if so, what should we do if they want us to go first?

Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 pm

The solution is quite simple - advocate for a coordinated attack, and ensure that they are on the front lines. Then coordinate - or not - as you see fit.

Things are quiet in the city. Complete the encirclement of Hue and cut off all possibility of supplies or rescue for the NVA in the city, then begin your attack. No NVA who has defiled this place should return to their homes - I want every one killed or captured.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:56 pm

General - I have reports of our forces encircling the city to the north.  Are you prepared to attack the city? I expect to be able to launch a joint coordinated assault with the Americans on February 12th.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  drdzoe Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Sir,

We have been fighting in support of the Americans in Hue. I intend to order our troops to continue fighting in their support.

We are starting to get a bit low on supplies. If fighting continues for another two days, we will start to run out.

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:35 pm

I have requested additional supplies from HQ.  I was not aware your troops were already attacking the city - I shall begin attacks of my own at once, but in the future do please keep your commanding officer informed of your activities.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  drdzoe Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:36 pm

Sir,

I must most humbly apologize for not keeping you rigorously informed. I had ordered the attacks in support of the Americans in line with the following order that your excellency had sent to me:

"The solution is quite simple - advocate for a coordinated attack, and ensure that they are on the front lines. Then coordinate - or not - as you see fit.

Things are quiet in the city. Complete the encirclement of Hue and cut off all possibility of supplies or rescue for the NVA in the city, then begin your attack. No NVA who has defiled this place should return to their homes - I want every one killed or captured."

As such, I had ordered my men to support the American attack. I can see now that I may have been wrong in doing so, and humbly request your forgiveness for such actions.

As of now, I have ordered my men to continue their support for the Americans. If you wish them to do otherwise, please let me know and I will immediately comply.

Major Nguyen

(Note from Joe: Major Nguyen is sensitive to any whisper of complaint. Joe isn't. I've no problems here.)

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Continue your course of action - you correctly followed orders, but I was simply not kept in the loop in order to coordinate attacks from my own troops.  I trust there will be no suck lack of communications in the future.

How far have you progressed into Hue?

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  drdzoe Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 pm

With help of the Americans, we have made two attacks on Hue. However, due to the failures of the Americans, neither of these have progressed very far. We have avoided too many casualties on our own forces, but the Americans cannot say the same.

The attacks were on the Cura An Hoa gate and the Cura Hou gate.

Major Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 pm

My own attacks are not making headway - the enemy is dug in and very strong. Is there any progress on your end? How are things outside of the city?

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  drdzoe Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Nothing much to report, sir. I brought my troops up to support the lazy Americans, but they spent the day sitting on their butts and going on joyrides in their fancy helicopters. At least they brought supplies now. Apparently the Americans have now learned that they have to have ammunition if they want to fight.

Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  drdzoe Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:35 pm

Sir:

We had some minor radio difficulties and are not sure if this message got through. If it did, please to ignore.

Nguyen

-----------------

Sir,

The Americans are still sitting on their fat American butts eating chocolate and doing nothing useful. They call it planning, but I call it malingering.

On American reports that the VC are getting supplies in from the west of the city, we sent a probing action in that direction. We do not have the benefit of fat American West Point education, so we don't understand why letting the enemy resupply is a good idea. As it happens, the stupid Americans were again unaware of what was happening under their nosies, and it turns out that the enemy is firmly entrenched to the west of the city at Thon Kim Long (2) near 735/225. They have rockets, along with many other defenses. We suffered some losses discovering this, but nothing that will keep us from doing our duty, should the Americans ever decide to actually act.

Major Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:16 pm

You have done well to discover this - I will tell the Americans to get off their asses and stop this resupply situation.  

What is the current state of your forces and your supplies?

HQ reports that there is damage to route 1 and they are working to repair it as fast as possible. While I am certain they are doing their best, we need our own supplies to flow freely - the fight for the city promises to be a long one.

Hold whatever you have taken and send some forces (if you can spare them) to assist in repairing route 1 until our supply lines are solid.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:14 pm

The American commander has replied that he will attack Thon Kim Long soon - thank you for apprising me of the situation.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  drdzoe Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Sir,

Most of my forces are in good shape and are in the north of the city, though some have sustained some casualties. I am in reasonable shape for supplies, and could sustain 2-3 days of fighting.

Nguyen

drdzoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Comassion Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:28 am

HQ reports that route 1 is now a functional supply line.  In addition, they have lifted some restrictions on the use of artillery - we may now use heavy artillery against the walls of Hue, but not against the interior to preserve historical structures.

As such, begin shelling the city walls to make your coming task easier.

Comassion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2